Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 43 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 03-13-2008, 06:15 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

I can't believe how long some of you are having to wait for pathologist reports. That was the first thing I asked when the morphine wore off enough! The doctor went over my report while I was still in the hospital. I am a breast cancer survivor (diagnosed in October 2006) and so of course I wanted to know about cancer. Thank God, I just had precancer so everything is OK.
FortLauderdale - I went through radiation with my breast cancer and the biggest complaint I had was time. I had treatments 5 days a week for 7 weeks, but at least now I know the cancer is gone completely. I don't have to worry about some small cell lingering to cause problems later. With everything gone in you, you can have the same piece of mind.
This may sound really stupid, but I am a better person, wife, mother since my cancer. Being a survivor makes me look at everything in a positive light.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2008, 07:00 PM

fortlauderdale, I join the other princesses here in wishing you a healthy recovery.

Mew, Happy 40th Birthday! What a lovely surprise for you with your luncheon. I enjoyed turning 40, it was like a new chapter in my life was beginning. I'm 41 and I guess I feel 'grown up' now!

My swelly belly is more swollen on one side, the side my ovary was taken, and feels sort of hard at times. I thought it may be different as they had to do more work on this side. I have been feeling good yesterday and today, very comfortable and not having to hold my tummy when I walk. I am still walking in slow motion also, my DS commented that I was getting a bit of speed up yesterday

I am planning on going to the shops for the first time tomorrow. I want a few things for my garden (I love flowers/plants) so thought I would go with DH and maybe even stop for a coffee. Ah, the small pleasures in life!
Unread 03-13-2008, 07:16 PM

thanks for all the birthday wishes!! i really am excited about something positive happening right now. my lunch today really got my moral up. my friend really has no idea how wonderful his gift was to me. i'm looking forward to saturday!!!
anyway, i am just sitting here resting and watching LOST, i've been resting since we got back from lunch! i did get my pampered chef in today and i moved a pan that was a little heavier than i imagined and i got a sharp pain on my left side. i stopped immediately. i really didn't think it was heavy at all but i guess looks can be deceiving. i hope i didn't hurt myself.
anyway, hope everyone has a wonderful night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2008, 06:21 AM

Mew Happy Birthday!!!!!
marlea we are in the same boat, I have breast cancer (2X) and now going for radiation again. Found out results in the hospital cancer free after hysterectomy!!
I am getting better every day with no real set backs. Did a little much one day and learned to take it slower.
God keep us all healthy
Unread 03-14-2008, 06:39 AM

Mew, Happy Birthday! (not sure if already done that but better to do twice than not at all!!)

FL Really sorry and wish you better very soon.

I think I am making progress. This morning (it's lunchtime here) i have been doing some work on the computer and phone all am and have felt absolutely fine! That's after stripping 2 beds, which maybe I shouldn't have done and sticking them in washing machine. My 4 year old helped!!

I know I over did it Tuesday, shopping and lunch and Wednesday, play centre so I did nothing yesterday. I now know I have to stagger my activity.
So this afternoon I intend to go for a walk and then do nothing!!

Hope you all have a great day!!
Unread 03-14-2008, 07:25 AM
Checking In

Morning everyone!

I had a fairly busy day myself yesterday although I did have a late start by sleeping in until 9:30! I went for my walk and clocked 7.2 kilometres, it was COLD but when I got back I had nice rosy cheeks. Got in the shower right off and did my hair, made myself a salad for lunch (I didn’t know until last night I should avoid raw veggies for gas.. I’ve been eating salad for three weeks!!!) In any case  I was on the phone for 45 minutes with tech support from work to get my laptop connected for a conference call which was from 3:30 – 4:30 and then I ate supper with my boys and then I went to Winners to browse for a few minutes and then Old Navy. By this time I needed a rest so came home and e-mailed hubby and we went to the mall to walk around and to Starbucks for an Apple Spice Caramel drink..it was SO NICE to actually DO something.

And today I’m starting to look forward to returning to work..so I think that is a positive step in the right direction.

Today’s plans are an 8 kilometre walk and some reading! I didn't sleep well last night, so perhaps a cat nap also.

Fortlauderdale: I agree with JoAnnDe his was a blessing in disguise for you. YAY YOU its all GONE! Doing the happy dance while holding my tummy 

JoAnneDe: What an amazing day you had. Good for you on eating all the dessert too!!

Marlea: I don’t have my pathology report back either, BUT my surgeon told me he had the pathologist in the room and everything at a ‘glance’ seemed to be excellent with no signs of cancer. He told me once the report came back in two weeks if there was a surprise he would call me ASAP; I haven’t heard and that is great news. I will follow up at my post-op appointment April 3 though.
Unread 03-14-2008, 08:11 AM

Mew... Happy 40th!!! Welcome to a wonderful decade!

And sisters... I've been off line for a couple of days...How much I have missed you!

Dans wife... I can really relate to some feelings that I read that you were having a couple of days ago... blah.. flat... I think that perhaps it has something to do with not engaging in our normal routines. I'm feeling a little purposeless and guilty right now that I'm taking so much time for me. By the way, your walks really inspire me!

Now I'm going to go on about these feelings I've been having....

Although I feel like I SHOULD go back (guilt) to work, when it really comes down to it I realize that I still need to limit my activity. I take my walks and all is well and good but I do return tired... really,,,, just needing to sit down. This surprises me because in normal times I walk non stop and ride my bike all over the place.

The big sign for me was yesterday.... We invited some friends over for dinner and I went out to do the food shopping and walk around with a gf. Although I kept the lifting to a minimum, I made kind of an elaborate dinner and was on my feet for a good long while and today, wow does my incision area and back ache. It hasn't ached like this since week 1! I guess that's what overdoing it means! I hope I didn't break any stitches. Today I take it easy!

The thing that is bugging me is that I feel a pressure from some of my collegues to get back to work. It's not like my presence or absence changes their work load at all (we all work at different sites)... It's more this thing where people think that I'm better than I actually am (that being that I say that I am feeling pretty good). I'm a positive person and don't like to harp on my aches and pains even if they are there a bit...it just seems that if you don't whine to some people, they think everything is back to normal.... I probably care too much about what others think. Anyway, with this sign from "overdoing it" yesterday, maybe I just have to screen out all the noise and go with my intuition. Doc gave me till April 1.... I loose some pay but I really don't care.

Maybe I'll just take the time and deflect any questionable energy coming my way.
Unread 03-14-2008, 10:07 AM

i say we need to block out others thoughts and our own about where we need to be right now and how we should be getting back to work etc. i have discovered that even if i feel better, my body is not recovered. i lifted one pampered chef stone yesterday and it was horrible! my family still isnt pushing me, they have been wonderful. but i find myself expecting more of myself than i should. but i definitely don't want adhesions so i am going to take it as slow as i need.
anyway, i hope all of you have a wonderful day.
i don't go to the doctor until april 7th. that is my first visit at 7 weeks.
again, thanks for all the birthday wishes. big day is tomorrow. my dh works and no one in my family has mentioned doing anything so i don't know if it will be a just another day but i plan on making the most of it, it is my 40th birthday. i plan on putting make up on, dressing in something other than pj's (but that is very comfortable) and maybe even fixing my hair.
this evening we are making cupcakes for our easter egg hunt tomorrow and boil a bunch of eggs. neither takes a lot of work so i should be okay.
gotta go but i will post again later
Unread 03-14-2008, 11:08 AM

Hi all,

Just wanted to post a quick update on my recovery. I went for my 3 week post-op appt on Wednesday. The doc is very pleased with the way my incision looks. She said everything looks great. I am cleared to drive but not allowed to really do anything else. I asked her about fatigue and she said ohhh, you have about another 3 weeks of that. UGH! I find that I have to force myself to get up off the couch to do dishes, laundry or schoolwork. Yesterday I went grocery shopping, etc. and man was I worn out by the time I returned home.
Unread 03-14-2008, 12:22 PM

Hi Molly Thanks for your reply.Are you back to work yet?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register