Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 44 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 03-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Better than Yesterday

Thanks to all of you for reaching out yesterday...I was a mess.

And yes, I agree that if not for the TAH, this would not have been caught and I would be facing a much different diagnosis - so thank god. I am blessed I know, it was such a shock - not expected at all. So Tuesday we'll know about the radiation.

She said uterine and breast cancer are often linked and insists on MRI mamographies every 6 months and follow-up with oncologist every three months.

I am obsessed with having the check the box "Cancer" and my Mom was with me yesterday to remind me no big deal. I am 46YO and my mom had breast cancer with a radical mastectomy at age 35, she was given a 6 month prognosis and now she marches in the Breast Cancer Walks as a 32 year survivor. So she gives me strength for sure.

I am working (work from home 75% & travel nationally - laptop and phone) but too feel real guilty about not being 100%, most assume you sound fine, it has been almost 4 weeks - you go to dinner and things - you should be back. Even at home, is seems people are like come on let's get on with it - I will take my time even though these four walls are getting boring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Update 24 days post op.

Hi everyone, I had my TAH on 19th February in the UK.

This website is brilliant. Such a comfort to know other women are experiencing similar feelings, problems and successes.

I have to say me progress seems slow compared to others.
I am unable to do much before I feel heavy and aching and have to stop. Some days I don't feel I'm making much progress at all. Should I try harder, am I doing too much? - its a worry. I'm scared to death I'm going to muck something up inside but don't want to get into the habit of sitting around doing nothing all day - what is a girl to do?!!

I expect it will sort itself out eventually. I don't think I'm a patient person. Its difficult to surpress my motherly desire to ensure all the other members of the household are happy and have everything they need. Its also difficult to listen to everyone arguing about whose turn it is to do various tasks. For the record (in case he ever reads this) my DH has been fantastic, nothing is too much trouble and he's very thoughtful.

I can't wait to get back to normal, back to work and doing everyday things without the terrible monthly trauma that led to my operation - it will be fantastic and well worth it I'm sure.

XX
Unread 03-14-2008, 02:34 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Fortlauderdale,
I empathize with you. I had my bad news 13 days after surgery, but I can't totaly understand it myself. Pre-surgery, I knew I had grade 3 endometrial cancer. After pathology returned, I saw gyn/oncologist and learned cancer had entered the cervix and was staged as 2b. I too am set for the radiation route with the possibility of chem as well. Next week I get my body PET scan and mapped for the 25 sessions of RT. It sounds like all of this is a precaution. It's so frustrating because it doesn't sound like any 2 women have exactly the same thing. All I know is that my thighs are still numb too and today I'm having a blue day. I was being so positive until I stayed in today and did too much reading. Sometimes it's best not to do to much detective work. I think I've convinced myself I'm sicker than I am. I may just put my head in the sand until I see the radiation oncologist on Tuesday. He was so positive last week and I know I should be too. I'm sorry we're going through this. The surgery itself was enough. Too bad that didn't end the ordeal. I'm sorry, I wanted to be comforting and all I've done is moan. Tomorrow will be better. Prayers to us all.
Jett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2008, 04:41 PM

FL & Jett - My heart is heavy for you right now. I pray that you will be surrounded by supportive loved ones as you go through your treatment. Allow yourself to feel the sadness, anger, and other emotions that come with the shocking news and then focus on the positive business of beating that nasty cancer. I will be praying for you (and the rest of you who are dealing with cancer).
Mel
Unread 03-14-2008, 08:17 PM

Hi msrez, and all,

Not back at work just yet but I do intend to go in for a couple of hrs each day this week depending on how I feel. It'll just be computer catch-up stuff.
I'm lucky in that my DH & I own our own business and have good staff that can run things well, so if I don't go, it's no big deal. I just like to know what's going on and have a little control.
Today I slept till 9.30am and slept really well, so I think today is going to be a good day for me.
I've also been driving for the first time this week without any problems. Except getting in and out of the car to often. Went shopping for freezers and probably went to too many stores looking for best price and still I came home without one!
Ladies, your stories inspire me and I look forward to reading your posts every morning. I find that I'm loging in to this sight sometimes 3-4 times a day to get my fill.
I've just finished reading one of the 'new posts' where ladies are discussing not looking forward to being 'better' and I can totally sympathise with that feeling. While I want to be 100% I don't want to give up all this wonderful attention I've been getting. Is that selfish or what?LOL
We're still in the middle of this heat wave, and it's giong to be 39c here today. We're running our graywater on the gardens in the hope of keeping plants alive. Hopefully we will get some relief soon, but its not looking promising.

FL & Jett my thoughts also go out to you. Be comforted by the knowledge that we are all praying that everything will turn out fine.
I hope you all have another "better than day than yesterday" day.
Unread 03-14-2008, 08:41 PM

I know I just posted but I just wanted to add one thing about having TVH.
Because I have no outward signs of surgery, no visible inscisions etc. I find that I,m being pushed more to be back to 'normal'.
Sometimes I wish I had that scar so I could say "hang on there, I've just had this big surgery, and I can't do that."
But I look, walk, and seem fine, so i'ts hard to justify to some why I'm sitting at home taking it easy.
Family is good and understands, but not so others.

Just a gripe I had to unload sorry!
Unread 03-15-2008, 08:19 AM

Jett - hang in there and push past those blue days - a healthy and positive attitude will bring a healthy and positive outcome. In the deepest portions of my heart I know that to be true.

FtLauderdale - cudos to your mom ! I'm adding her to my list of hero's ! Just like Jett you'll get past this. You have your mom as your guide and fate is on your side.

I really really overdid it yesterday. I'm just feeling too good for my own good ! I did a few dishes in the sink, then unloaded the dishwasher. I then transplanted a plant I got when I was in the hospital (poor thing was crammed into the teeniest pot - no wonder it kept wilting !). I also didn't sit down very much all day (I have no idea what I was doing - but I wasn't sitting or laying down and the day flew by). By last night my tummy felt stretched to the max - I thought I was going to EXPLODE !

Thankfully I got smart after dinner. I plopped onto the sofa and that's where I stayed until my husband woke me this morning. Normally he'd let me sleep but he was very excited ..... I was ON MY TUMMY ! I haven't been able to sleep in bed yet because I just can't fall asleep on my back or my side unless the TV is on (which is in the living room) - I NEED to be on my tummy. It felt SO good to be on my stomach again. I woke up, rolled over onto my back and like a kid at Christmas got all excited again and said "I'm gonna do it again !" and I rolled onto my tummy without a problem ! YIPPIE !!! I can finally go back to sleeping in my bed with DH ! I'm so happy

Marta - Very special prayers and wishes to you today !!!
Unread 03-15-2008, 09:08 AM

Morning sisters,

Fl and Jett, my heart goes out to you as well. I can't imagine what you are going through and just want you to know that you are truly in my thoughts and that I am praying for your healing and the strength to make it through this rough time. I agree that you need to let out all of the sadness, anger, etc. in order to make room for the courage and positive attitudes that you both have to surface. You are winners and I know you will make it through this!

I am feeling really good and have begun to work from home. It has been sunny and warm and I am taking walks outside everyday now. Last night DD and I went to a small mall and picked out some carryout for dinner and I had a wonderful time. Still doing a lot of wedding planning while I am at home but I do sort of want to get back to work. I work on Michigan Ave. which is a beautiful part of the city and I miss the restaurants, shops and parks. My question is that my dr. said she would not release me to go back to work until after my complete 6 weeks were done. I wonder if this would effect my insurance if I went back early and something happened? Other than that I'm willing to go in for a little bit after week 4. Do any of you know about the insurance aspect of recovery? I appreciate any help.

Mew, hope you had a wonderful birthday and thanks for all of your prayers. You are a blessing to us all!

JoAnn, congrats on a good nights sleep! Sounds like such a simple thing but we all know that its not so simple.

Molly, I'm fortunate that everyone seems more anxious about my recovery than I am. They want me to just sit around ALL the time, but I know how I feel and that I'm ok doing things. My point is, only we know how we feel and what we are capable of. A scar or any other outward sign is only that, an outward sign. Trust yourself and forget what others think, besides your family who loves you is on your side. Who else really matters? Be at peace within yourself.

Ollie, welcome! This website is awesome and its good to know that you have sisters who understand what you are going through. Take care!

Well sisters, this turned out to be longer than I planned but in closing want you to know that I love all of yall and I know in my heart that the best is truly yet to come!
Unread 03-15-2008, 09:11 AM
Like a Dog

I laugh with my friends and tell them I can roll over and sit up now! Whoo hoo!

I was just out hosing down the porch - it a a beautiful day in FT Lauderdale, should be 85 defgrees today for all you snowbirds.

Trying to enjoy the weather and we have 2 spring break nephews coming down tonight - I am afraid I will overdo it...St Pattys day and going to cook a corned beef Sunday - that should be easy. Then drive them back and forth to the beach next week. It is nice to be home, but I do bounce off the walls sometimes.

I can't tell you how comforting it is to go into this group and find there are so many of us going through this together. I feel so alone sometimes when the friends and family are continuing the busy life we all lead. One month Monday and I give myself a 70%. Still numb legs, swelly belly, not sleeping, night sweats, bowels and bladder are getting better with pain upon going. Slept with my DH last night and kept them awake all night, But it was a relief things are getting more toward normal.

Now Tuesday is the big day for radiation news, and I have talked myself into being a survivor.
Unread 03-15-2008, 12:33 PM

I think I've learned my lesson now. Yesterday I so overdid it-- seems getting up and down is what my problem is--that thing I pulled last Saturday in my right side in lower belly just was getting better and then yesterday had doc visit, went to lunch and stopped at 2 thrift stores and THEN to a clothing store for a sale--got home 5 hours later (no I did not drive but doc said I'm ok to now). That pain got worse and worse till I had to take a vicodin at bedtime to get some peace. Today I feel fine, but last night--ouch.

Sylvia, you should call your insurance company and ask them directly--they are all different. Mine actually became short term disability - they are so strict that if I even step on property of my job it ends immediately. I'm not even supposed to check my work emails. (ssshhh). BUT if my doc writes up a slip saying I can go back half days for a week, then they will pay for the other half. She might do that she told me yesterday since my job is pretty stressful (intern architect dealing with construction, contracts and drawings). Frankly I agree with her even though I feel good now. Stress does a number on our bodies.

It's a gorgeous day here--about 78 and light breezes.
Sarah, our orange kitty, is 12 today! She's such a good kitty, she comes when we call her, just like a dog. I swear when she was a kitten she tried to bark back at our dog, she's a hoot.
Animals keep me destressed - I can't live without them and don't want to. Here's to whatever keeps all of you smiling!

Smiles are like milk, they do a body good!
Kim

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register