Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 45 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 03-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Reply to Poet

Poetsn1: I work in disability management with the insurance companies and if your physician indicated you were not to RTW until a certain time limit; and you do you will indeed loose your insurance benefits as you are going against doctors orders and if you are ‘able’ to work you are then not considered ‘totally disabled’..its a general insurance guideline. For myself I can do some minor work from home and as long as I do not get reimbursed for my services, nobody knows and no harm; no fowl. For me I need a fitness for duty in order to RTW for half days come April 1 so I see the surgeon for that March 27. The other thing is if you RTW and then something happens that you can’t fulfill the duties, you have to then provide ‘objective’ medical evidence as to why you can not fulfill those duties. Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2008, 02:29 PM
Progress Report

Good afternoon ladies,
I did make a post yesterday and have no idea where it went.

Yesterday I walked 8 kilometres and it took me 90 minutes, it was so sunny outside it was beautiful. Although it was still cold and I needed my warm clothes & mitts & hat..etc.

Last evening dh and I went to the mall for a coffee and a treat, it was so nice to get out. I splurged and bought two magazines and had fun with them last night while we had nachos..YUM..

Today we went to the market for chicken kabobs with dh & ds and then to COSTCO where I got a bundle of mixed flowers..they are lovely. Then I had to come back for a half an hour snooze and then we went to the grocery. I'm quite tired out now so am having a little rest but I'm doing alright.

Guess what? After I read in a book that I should be AVOIDING any and all raw veggies I didn't have a salad yesterday or today and NO GAS I have been putting myself through that for THREE and a HALF WEEKS!!!

Tonight we're heading to Church for our Palm Sunday service as we only have service on Saturday nights (lack of priests)..and both sons are going and oldest son's girlfriend too..it will be nice.

Have a great day/evening ladies, tonight we have a movie so after church it will be more relaxing and maybe some more knitting..

Remember to pamper the
Unread 03-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

fort-i'm praying for you. keep that attitude up, you are a survivor!

jett-you also are in my prayers. we are with you both to keep you lifted in prayers through all of this.

joann-you make my belly hurt!!! ROFL! i am so glad that you can sleep on your belly, i know that is a big accomplishment and goal for you! i was sleeping on my side last night and must have accidently rolled to my tummy and it did not feel good at all. i wasn't on my tummy for long but it was enough to cause me some pain. so, i am glad it is working for you. good luck tonight sleeping in bed!!! its been nice sleeping in bed this week.

well, this morning i went to our church easter egg hunt. i behaved myself and had others set up tables, hide eggs, etc. i just told them when to look for eggs and gave out prizes. i didn't do much of anything else but when i tried to sit, i couldn't. i had some serious pains on my right side when sitting. i think its because my swelly belly is so big today. anyway, when we were leaving the church i had a little bit of pain but we decided to go to target and my best friend and her daughter came with us. i found a dress for easter and then went to go tan at the tanning salon. i wasn't going to do it but i decided to try. i covered up my incision and only went for 10 minutes. those endorphines kicked in because i felt so much better when we left there. my bf took me to eat lunch and then we went to a shoe store and then headed home. i'm tired and my right side is hurting again a little bit but right now not bad enough to take medicine. i am sitting in my recliner trying to get some rest. overall its been a good birthday. my pastor and his wife gave me two books-one which is a bible study called "how to be a mary in a martha world". its a bible study based on the passage where Jesus goes to visit Mary and Martha and Mary sits at Jesus' feet and listens . But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself ? Tell her to help me!" "Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things,
but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her." I love that passage because i know that so many times i get carried away and busy doing "stuff" and forget that God wants us to listen to him and put him first in our lives. I am going to enjoy this bible study and its a perfect time for me while i have the time to really sit and do it. i am more active and trying to do more but at the same time i now that i need to take it easy. as i sit here i am getting more and more tired and worn out. i can tell you that i am not anywhere near 100% and i hope that i will be patient with myself and avoid injury. i gotta tell ya that 40 isn't so bad. i don't feel any older. hehehe. anyway, i also got 3 new pair of lounge pants that are all so cute. i am wearing a wonderful pair that are so comfortable. i left my crown that i got the other day in the car ( i wore it to the easter egg hunt). its silver with glitter and says "40" on it. i figure today is the only day i can wear it. i had several phone call birthday wishes so its been nice. my brother who has never called me on my birthday called me. that was a treat!
anyway, it is a beautiful day as well. its windy but nice. it felt so good to be outside in the beautiful weather.
hope everyone has a wonderful day and weekend! i am hoping to make church tomorrow!!! talk to you all soon
off to rest and watch tv.
love and blessings
marta

Father God, bless my precious sisters today with your peace, comfort, and mercy. Lord, bless those that are facing radiation and cancer diagnosis with your wisdom to know what to do and the encouragement they need to stay positive. Lord I pray for your healing upon all my wonderful sisters. Help us all to trust you and the wisdom you give us to know when we need to rest. Your word tells us to be still and know that you are God . I pray that you would reveal yourself to me and my sisters so that we can know how to rest in you. Father I love you and thank you for all that you have provided for us. Thank you for the friendships and wonderful family and friends that take care of us. Thank you for your blessings that you pour out upon us each day. i pray all these things in your precious name. Amen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2008, 03:12 PM

Hi my sisters!

I thought I'd give y'all a quick update on my week since it's been a while since I've posted on my progress. For the most part, I've been continuing on resting in-between the small little errands I've been running every day (playing taxi for my family). I decided on Thursday to treat myself to some shopping at Wal-Mart, where I bought some new intimate apparel, some beauty products, a clock-radio for my teenager, and other knick-knacks. Treating myself like that was nice, since I rarely do that for myself.

The other big thing for me is that I'm able to sleep on my side now without discomfort and with a slew of pillows surrounding me! Sweet!

I still get kinda wiped out in the afternoon, so I've been napping for an hour or two after lunch each day. Doing a lot of catching up on the reality TV shows - my favorites were Celebrity Rehab (interesting for my family since my husband is a recovering alcoholic), Gene Simmon's Family Jewels, and of course, all the various home maker-over and fashion make-over shows. I'm getting a lot of make-up tips that I've never thought of! LOL

We're heading into Holy Week at church this week. Tomorrow will be Palm Sunday for Mass, and I'll be singing in choir for the first time since the surgery. I'm really looking forward to it! A girlfriend of mine who had back surgery the day after my surgery will be meeting me for lunch on Tuesday (she's finally been released to drive! Yea!) and we'll be comparing experiences and "war-wounds." I'm still debating on whether or not I should sing at our Easter Vigil Mass on Saturday with the choir....it lasts about three hours, and I don't know if I'm up to singing for that length of time, but I absolutely love this Mass! I just may opt to just sing at our Easter Sunday Mass.

Mew68 - thanks again for the wonderful prayer. The story of Mary and Martha is one of my favorites, too!

Hope everyone is doing great! We're almost back to normal!

Blessings,
Tonks40 aka Rosemarie
Unread 03-15-2008, 03:20 PM

Hi Molly I know what you mean about having no outside scar,everyone thinks you should be back to your old self.I know I am getting there but I still feel tired.Dh has been great it is the outside world that thinks I look fine.
Unread 03-15-2008, 05:01 PM

I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes reading the last page or two of posts. Marta - it sounds like you're having a wonderful and memorable birthday, I'm so happy for you. Rosemarie - congratulations on being able to sing in the choir tomorrow. Tomorrow will be my first Sunday back at church; I'm fairly sure that I'll be able to make it through the hour since the whole time isn't spent sitting. I usually go to the Easter Vigil Mass - its such a beautiful mass (the Litany of the Saints always makes me cry) - I'm struggling with trying to figure out if I'll be able to make it through. I have a week to get even better before I have to decide, so I'm holding up hope.

Have a great evening everyone. I'm so fortunate to know you.
Unread 03-15-2008, 06:10 PM

my dh came home and surprised me with a beautiful gold/diamond cross necklace. he hasn't bought me jewelry since the first christmas we were married 19 years ago and a card!!! he mmade my birthday perfect. i was so surprised. we are eating crawfish and watching a movie right now. well, i already finished eating. i am looking forward to my first sunday back at church as well. i am going to teach sunday school and go into children's church to do the lesson. i don't think i can sit for an hour and 15 minutes in a chair. last week at the wedding it wore me out, so i don't want to mess up. in children's church i can stand up if i need to. well, ladies, i'm off to continue my birthday night. blessings
Unread 03-15-2008, 06:51 PM

I went on my first shopping centre outing yesterday and I really enjoyed getting out. DH and I stopped and had coffee and a treat, and then went for a wonder around the shops for an hour. By the end I was leaning heavily onto his hand for support, had some pain, and my swelly belly was up. But I did it! I don't think I'm up to matching Cynthia on the 8k walk just yet!

I drove the car out of the garage yesterday and parked on the street so DS could play in the garage, I was okay going forward but then realized I could not turn my body to reverse as I would usually do. I used the mirrors to reverse with DS directing me from the footpath.

Molly & msrez, even though I do have an outside scar, I think people mistake sitting comfortably on the lounge means all is well. It's when I get off the lounge that I have pain, am slow, hold my swelly belly & can't talk too much. (Sitting down I have no problem talking lol). Ladies, take your time to feel better before putting your Superwoman cape back on, no matter how well anyone thinks you 'should' be.

Just wondering, what are people doing in their recovery phase to help pass the time? I've been reading, watching movies, playing games on facebook (anyone want to play?), and surfing the net. I thought I might look up some of the towns/areas that you live in, I think that would be interesting. Any other ideas to share?

Have a nice day!
Unread 03-15-2008, 07:55 PM

Louise if you go into google earth you can lookup anywhere in the world and even to the street and houses that you live in. They are satelite photos that are absolutely amazing. It's worth trying, and if you want to see where I live try- Australia-Tasmania Then scan northeast corner till you find Lilydale, Once you get the hang of it it's easy. I especially Like Paris. You can go all the way down and pick out landmarks such as the Louvre,
the Eiffel tower etc. A good way to waste time.

By the way Louis, where do you live?

I've also just finished 4th book 'Angela's Ashes" was very good.

Have a great day everyone.
Unread 03-15-2008, 08:01 PM

Thanks for the insurance advice. I'm so glad I asked because after 4 weeks I will be on short term disability and I do not want to jeopardize my company nor myself. My DD continues to say that she does not understand what my hurry is, I need to relax anyway. So I guess there must be a reason why the dr. does not think I should go back, so I will be patient and rest. Who knows what God has is store for me during this time of rest.

Mew, I'm so glad you are having a good birthday!

I envy all of you who are going back to church tomorrow. I have had to put my foot down about going on Easter and have understand that my family is concerned and are more comforatable with me returning on Easter. They already have a "special" seat picked out for me!

Well, in the middle of a "flash" gotta go cool off.

Love yall, remember....the best is yet to come!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register