Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 48 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 03-17-2008, 04:35 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Well the pain was really nagging at me so I called my doc, and the reaching is apperently against the rules and loading the lower level of the dishwasher and doing anything with wet clothes (the one thing I did not do) anything with vacuum is off limits (do not touch he said, on or off) LOL. So I have been very bad the last 24 hours so I am to be on the couch for next 48 doesn't sound quite fair to me!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2008, 04:46 PM

Dear Irish Blue Eyes,

I feel like I look like HE double hockey sticks...pale and some days the under eye circles make me scared I have aged during these 4 weeks...
I moved to Arizona from Chicago so all my friends are back there. I do have friends here, but not good enough ones to allow them to see me looking like I do!!!! Most of them are professional friends, unlike the ones back in Chicago. I do try to get out in the fresh air when I feel really bad. Even if I sit out i the garden for 10 minutes...it seems to really help. I hope your friends are helping you out as you mentioned you are alone. We are here for you

Slainte this year we can celebrate with green tea vs Irish coffee!!
Unread 03-17-2008, 04:48 PM

Hi Everyone,
Daragh your post really hit home for me. The first two weeks after surgery I was feeling great and thought I was just going to sail through this recovery thing. Last week, which was my third week since surgery, I started to have issues with BM's (sorry if TMI) and went through a lot of pain before I was able to go normally again. I should mention that I did have my ovaries removed and I have not started HRT yet. Again, aside from some night sweats and the occasional hot flash, I mistakenly thought I was going to sail through the hormone issues....LOL Well, I now believe the hormone issues are coming to light. I have hideous chills to the point where I believed I had a fever. I've taken my temp multiple times and have never wavered from normal. In addition to the chills, today I had two bouts with dizziness. Just out of the blue. They subside rather quickly but I get really scared while it's happening because I'm no spring chicken (47)...LOL Finally, I find myself getting headaches and they could be because the chills are freaking me out or I guess they could just be another no hormone reaction.
I'm wading through all of the HRT info trying to make a decision but the more I read the more confused I get. I go back to my Dr this Saturday for my 4 week check up and I was trying to prepare myself to discuss the hormone thing intelligently but I not feeling very confident at this point.
Sorry to run on....I know that some of you are dealing with much more serious issues.....I guess I just don't feel good and needed to vent to people who would understand.
Ladies, I have enjoyed all of your posts and they have been really helpful to me. Thank you for sharing the details of your recovery, the lovely prayers, and the warm wishes for a speedy recovery to us all. I don't post much but I also pray for each and every one of you and wish you all the best. Oh...and Happy St. Patty's Day!!! Wish I felt good enough to drink a green beer....LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2008, 04:53 PM

I do understand the pale thing. I have had comments also on being very pale and my hair is coming out in clumps, but my mother and nurse said that is due to the weight loss. I have luggage under my eyes along with the dark circles....I guess....we are all going to get well in some time....Happy St. Patricks Day!!!
Unread 03-17-2008, 05:17 PM

Hello everyone,

Well here's to another day. I think I'll just take it easy, go for a walk, and rest.

Sisters, I think we're all probably a bit pale, and should be. After all we have been stuck inside for 4 (ish) weeks. Bad weather or good. Very little excercise or sun. So I think that would be normal.

I went out yesterday, with the FULL FACE on, as my DH calls it, and some nice clothes instead of the trackies, and I actually felt really good. Just getting dresed up a bit made me feel heaps better. So today, even though I am at home, I'm going the FULL FACE again! LOL

Wishing you all a beautiful day.
Unread 03-17-2008, 05:37 PM

Hey Sisters! I have been having up and down days this weekend. Been having really bad headaches? Someone mentioned it could be from hormone loss - both ovaries gone - anyone else?

Despite the headaches I had a great day yesterday! With my FULL FACE I went to church and finally got back to singing! I sing with my Praise team band and have not be able to due so since Early January due to pain. I still can't hit the high notes in choir yet but it truely was wonderful to get my groove on for Jesus at the contemporary service! I shocked many people because I told them I might not be back until the end of April or early May. Of course then I came home and slept for three hours!

Baby steps! Today - I again had a headache but forced myself to get out and do some errands. Didn't sleep much last night so hopefully tonight will be better! Here's to four weeks Post-op!!!!!!

Amy
Unread 03-17-2008, 05:55 PM

hi amy
i too am having headaches the last couple of days. i was able to go to church yesterday for both of our services. i wasn't feeling great after the morning service but i really wanted to go to the evening service because we do contemporary worship then and i had been missing it so much. it was wonderful to worship last night. I felt much better after the service than i did before and i think its because i was focussed on singing to and about God and not on myself. it was great. we sang Beautiful and I love that song. it says, " your blood washed over me, your grace came down and kissed me. you have cleaned my heart and my soul and for your glory you've made me, made me beautiful". it reminded me of God's precious grace that he has given me the last few weeks and I am so grateful that he cares so much about us. he did make us beautiful for his glory. and it has nothing to do with our outward appearance. how awesome is that. anyway, i know that my spirit was renewed last night (i teach children's church so i don't get to be in the morning worship service.) i did raise my hands doing the hand motions with the kids in the morning ( i think that is why i was hurting so much in the afternoon. but again, i am just grateful for the privilege to worship.
i too put on make up and fixed my hair. i had bought myself a new dress and wore it yesterday. (my pants aren't very comfortable) but i know that getting dressed up really helped my moral. today i am wearing my new pj pants and a lime green shirt. no makeup but my dd's made my day when they said it looked like i lost weight! yippee.
have a blessed day
Unread 03-17-2008, 05:58 PM

Hi everyone,

Ok, I'll admit it, I did too much too! I went to the shops again yesterday and walked a bit too far. It is really frustrating that I feel okay to walk around slowly, but then later I have a huge swell belly and pain. I have taken some ibuprofen today and it has made me a whole lot more comfortable. Back to the lounge for a few days now. I need to be well so I can take care of my sister, she is scheduled for surgery in 3 weeks. She lives alone and a 2 hr drive away from me.

Irish Blue Eyes, I am slow at moving around and I think I look very haggard. When I pointed this out to DH, he said I look like someone who is recovering from major surgery. Very tactful. I have a matching set of luggage under my eyes also. And don't tell anyone, but I haven't done my hair today either I smile at the ladies putting on their full face, I have no interest whatsoever, face lotion and a lip balm is it at the moment!

Molly, I've been playing around with google earth, it is fantastic.

Have a peaceful day!
Unread 03-17-2008, 06:01 PM
Hi Ladies

Sounds like everyone is progressing well for the most part. For those ladies struggling a bit, take heart that things will get better!!!

I laid pretty low today and other than going for my 90 minute walk at noon I read all day. I did attend the Parent School Council meeting tonight at 7 and I was very thankful that it ended at 8:30..I ended up trying to rub some feeling into my right leg. Still plagued by the darned numbness!!!

Sleep is something that is still troublesome for me and the gift of 2-3 good nights only makes it worse..WAAAAAAA..I miss it more when I know what I'm missing..

Tomorrow I think I'm going to attend a breakfast meeting for an association I am Vice-President of but it starts early and I will have to be wearing dress clothes..and get a FULL FACE love it! So, we will see..

Have a great night ladies..
Unread 03-17-2008, 07:03 PM

Amy, I haven't posted here yet, but wanted to jump in and say that I've been having terrible migraine headaches since my surgery. I've always had migraines, but these are so frequent and bad that it is really awful. I had my ovaries removed and think the headaches must be due to hormone changes.

Any insight into post hysterectomy headaches would be appreciated! Thanks!

Mari Jo

LAVH (ovaries removed) due to adenomyosis and endometriosis

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register