Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 51 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 03-18-2008, 12:20 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

About those "fidgets".... I think I recognize them... they visit at night when I'm supposed to be tucked in for the duration....

I've been chalking it up to insomnia... Toss and turn, get tangled in the covers, get up, no... too chilly to get up, lie there WIDE awake, legs won't stay still, uncomfortable, flip, flop... yes, yes,,,I think I've been visited by the fidgits.

Could be adjusting to a new hormonal or lack there of... "state".... or this unusual period of rest might have something to do with it.... Not used to so much inactivity..... Or a deep, warm and lovely nap in the middle of the day (unless I am absolutely wiped out) does most definitely interfere with my sleep patterns at night. Also, doing a little and thinking too much.... I'm trying to quiet my body and mind by getting out and walking everyday for at least an hour.

Mew.. You've mentioned that pain in the leg before... could be nerve related... do you think? Ask Dr. about that or perhaps poke around the site and see if you can find a thread where others are experiencing odd aches and pains.. I know i have this one point in my incision that when I massage, if i press too hard I nearly hit the ceiling... and my belly... gets more swelly on the right than the left... I had a lot of adhesions from past myomectomies and also an appendectomy in the process of my PAH... lots going on in there...

Namaste to you Tanzi!

Peace to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2008, 12:22 PM

I'm joining the club of those who don't feel "up-to-snuff" today. I'm kinda bummed because the last 7 days for me have been terrific! Hardly any pain, out and about, resting in-between activities, and now today comes and ouch! I attended choir rehearsal last night to get ready for the rigorous Holy Week celebrations...and I didn't expect the rehearsal to go for over 2.5 hours! I couldn't get to sleep last night, and when I finally did, I woke up with a terrible pain on my right side. I don't think it was the rehearsal per say, but rather bad positioning in bed.

So here I am, lounging around, still in my pjs. I had to cancel my lunch date with my girlfriend today. It was actually a good thing because she's also having some pain issues, too, so we're going to try and get together tomorrow.

I need to get a new dress and new clothes for my boys for Easter sometime this week. I'm probably going to wait till either Thursday or Friday. Maybe I'll be able to find some pretty good deals out there! Of course, I hesitate...this week is going to be hectic as it is! Maybe I could piece together something for myself and just get slacks that fit my boys....

....sorry for rambling! Thanks for all your updates, thoughts, and prayers on this board. You all are true blessings!
Unread 03-18-2008, 01:45 PM

hi all
i just had to share a wonderful experience that just happened to me. i was sitting in my recliner resting and checking emails when my son comes into the living room to tell me that i had a visitor. an old friend from my old church (we've been gone for 6 years). anyway, she came over to thank me for my dedication to God and my willingness to serve as a youth minister. she told me that last week she was talking to her son (who is now a jr in college) and he told her that had it not been for me doing true love waits with him many years ago that he had opportunity to have sex and may have . but because of true love waits and his decision to make a commitment to himself and God, he hasn't had sex. she came to thank me because she says that all those years ago (he was one of the younger ones that i taught) she really didn't know that much about tlw but now is very glad that i took the time to teach them. at that time, i was just getting started in youth ministry and was just helping out at that church. we had a couple of parents that didn't want me doing it. our interim pastor encouraged all the church that it was something important so i was able to teach it. tlw is an important thing for me, if i could help one teenage make a wiser decision than i did when i was a teenager, than it is so worth everything. i told my friend how much it meant to me for her to come and tell me that. i've been so out of touch with my youth and my church during all of this time that i've gotten a little disconnected. i believe that God sent denise here to encourage me with my youth ministry and my service to God. its not often that we get to see the fruit that comes from the seeds we plant so i am just so happy and humbled right now. anyway, i just wanted to share my wonderful experience with all of you wonderful ladies. we have so much to look forward to once we finish this recovery.
blessings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2008, 02:06 PM
Shaving

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly1959
OK so i'm 4 weeks post op and i'm really noticing that i'm having to shave (legs underarms, bikini line) much more frequently.

I'm very fair naturally and pre op was a job about every 2-3 weeks (I'm not a very hairy person) but now I'm shaving every 2nd/third day and it's much coarser than before.

I now have prickly legs, Scratchy even, never had that before. Pity it wasnt DHs head, he could re grow some of what he lost. LOL
I've been shaving mine daily for years..but notice I am sweating much MUCH more under my arms..sigh...oh joy!
Unread 03-18-2008, 02:13 PM
Well

[quote=tanzi46402]Hello Princesses!

I am so glad to hear all the positive post-op reports. I'll bet we are all kicking ourselves for not having this done sooner. I know I am.

Well, this is one princess that is not kicking myself for not having done it sooner. I had ZIP pain before and was darned "hot" if I must say so myself and feel quite peterbed that now I have this flabby pouch under my incision. I had really nice abdominal muscles and they were just starting to show nicely. I was thinking of entering a contest for fitness even!!!!!!!!!! ARGGGGGGGGGGG

I am really having a hard time with my morale lately and I hate to take it out on anyone, but I just have to vent.

I had a complex cyst which caused all this trouble and I'm quiet frankly wishing they'd have taken the other ovary so I don't have to ever be bothered with another one..
Unread 03-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by melelee
Hey Mew - Don't feel too bad about not seeing your dr yet...

I saw my dr for the first time today and it was just about worthless. The good thing was he did say everything looked and felt right. He used some big words to tell me why the left side is harder and sorer. Before I left I remembered the advice from this site to get a copy of the surgery report. That was helpful as it stated there were a lot of adhesions on the left side. Anyway, at the begining of my visit the nurse asked me if I was back to my normal energy level and daily activities. My first instinct was to slap her...just kidding! I told her I was barely able to leave the house for a couple hours before feeling nauscious. When the dr came in he said he thinks the nausea is from the pain meds but I don't take the pain meds when I'm leaving the house so that doesn't make sense. Anyway, the dr never asked me if I had questions or how I'm feeling. In fact the only question he asked me is whether or not I've had sex yet...again I resisted the urge to inflict physical pain!! So I am once again incredibly thankful for this website and all of you.

I had to laugh outright at reading your post..I would have wanted to slap them silly too..I wonder what reaction you would have received if your reply had been " Of course I have been having a rocking good time since week ONE'' IDJIT..ha...

Seriously sometimes I have to wonder.

Do you have another follow up? Did you ask any questions?
Unread 03-18-2008, 02:59 PM

Dans_Wife- I'm right there with you with the sweaty pits. I had my post-op yesterday. When dr. asked how I was doing I said, "Good, other than the fact that I stink!" He said it's my hormones needing to get back to normal and that by summer I should be doing better. I hope so...for everyone's sake!
Unread 03-18-2008, 03:20 PM

[quote=Dans_Wife]
  Quote:
Originally Posted by tanzi46402
Hello Princesses!

I am so glad to hear all the positive post-op reports. I'll bet we are all kicking ourselves for not having this done sooner. I know I am.

Well, this is one princess that is not kicking myself for not having done it sooner. I had ZIP pain before and was darned "hot" if I must say so myself and feel quite peterbed that now I have this flabby pouch under my incision. I had really nice abdominal muscles and they were just starting to show nicely. I was thinking of entering a contest for fitness even!!!!!!!!!! ARGGGGGGGGGGG

I am really having a hard time with my morale lately and I hate to take it out on anyone, but I just have to vent.

I had a complex cyst which caused all this trouble and I'm quiet frankly wishing they'd have taken the other ovary so I don't have to ever be bothered with another one..

I know it's frustrating to lose those abs. Before my first ab surgery 4 years ago I was wearing "dental floss" on Brazilian beaches. Due to the location of a hemoraging fibroid my surgeon had to incise my belly vertically. No way to hide that! This time around, they incised vertically again and to add insult to injury, someone goofed stapling me up and left me with a second navel (i have mentioned this several times now in my posts) a half an inch under my real navel!

When I went to see my Dr. he made some lame excuses and gave me the number of a plastic surgeon. The problem with the plastic surgeon is that I'm pretty sure that without a fight, I'm going to have to foot the bill. Needless to say, I am livid! What this could mean is without plastic surgery, I can't show any of my belly below the navel again! It's absurd to me. The more I think about it the more irritated I become! I ask myself, how do I handle this situation?
Anyone a lawyer out there?
I know it may sound vain but heck, I DONT want to go through the other half of my life with two navels! Bikini or one piece, I don't want to see 2 navels in the mirror. They will be a constant reminder. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...
Okay, now i've got myself going... sorry

As far as abs go, I think that you can get them back. Right now we are still all swelly and perhaps it's best not to use these days as a good indicator of things to come! The pooch will go down and with proper exercise you'll be "hot" again (you probably didn't lose that anyway!) Look around in this website... There are suggestions for ab exercises geared to our situations.
Unread 03-18-2008, 03:40 PM

I'm so glad I can read these posts daily, I had a wonderful day yesterday, talked out a lot of things with my mom about our future (we live together due to finances, but look forward to when we can both afford our own spaces) and even did my taxes--took 3 hours online though.
Today, totally wiped, mentally and physically. Borderline depressed even. I won't bother you all about details, I guess this is the hormonal rollercoaster even though I have ovaries and have no other symptoms of hot flashes, etc. so I thought I would sail through this emotionally since no crying jags.
All the thinking about changing my life may have been zapped by a little email from work about where some drawing files I did were located--brought me back to the fact I'm not looking forward, really, to going back to this job and with the economy I'm lucky this job has so much work so I need to stay for awhile. hate feeling trapped.
Sorry to bring you all down, I just love reading about riding a bike and surprise visitors showing up--how fun!
I did enjoy this afternoon sun with my big old dog, Princess, trying to coax her into jumping into the pool--she's part lab, but she wouldn't do it. She's too well-behaved to be tempted by my foolishness I guess!
I do hope all is well for you Jett and look forward to hearing from you after your doc visit today.
Here's to having all of you out there and knowing I'm not alone. Cheers!
Kim
Unread 03-18-2008, 04:16 PM

In response to questions about my post-op appt this morning...I asked a couple questions but just got vague responses. For example I asked if my belly should be so swollen and said "I'm thinking about buying maternity pants," he just kind of laughed and said "It will go down eventually." He had never directly told me how long to stay off work. After my surgery was scheduled I had called his office and asked the nurse; she told me 4-6 weeks. Today he told me I can do whatever I feel like doing, including having sex. He said "It will probably hurt some because your left side hasn't completely healed but you won't damage anything." My translation of that statement is "Do not under any circumstances have sex for at least two weeks!" So if my DH asks that's the version I'm giving him. Frankly, I don't think my DH has given it a second thought at this point in my recovery. LOL

Mew - I'm so glad you got to see some "fruit" of your work with the youth. We use TLW at our church and I think it's great. Occasionally I hear a parent say that their teenager doesn't need that information yet and I just think they can't accept that their child is growing up. Anyway, it's wonderful that you and TLW had an impact on that boy (and probably many others).

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register