Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 53 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 03-19-2008, 07:13 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

melelee, what part of oklahoma are you from. my sister in law lives there. we usually do a stopover there on our way to kansas for our mission trips. this year we are going to missouri so we won't be going there but our family is considering a week visit over there.
my dh would love to move over there. i don't know if i am ready to leave my life here.
blessings for a wonderful day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2008, 08:03 AM

FL, Fantastic news! My DD is getting dressed for work and I'm hollaring "one of the sisters does NOT have to have radiation"! She is shaking her head and saying "you and your sisters"!

I'm so happy for FL and all of my sisters for our continued healing. I know all will be well. Sending love and prayers for healing to you all!

Take care, the best is yet to come!
Unread 03-19-2008, 08:40 AM

Fl, Great news!!!! Lucky no radiation. It's not that radiation is so bad, it's that u have to go every day for about 33 days. Like going to the tanning bed for 10 min a day! lol I'm getting red and somewhat swollen but doing ok other wise. Starting to fit into my clothes!! woohoo!!!!! little snug around the belly, better than last week could not zip!! lol would love to do alot more around the house, looking at dinning room thinking of new colors for the wall!! I know not yet!!!
I can't believe some are going back to work already, I'm taking the max and staying out 8 weeks. I'm a letter carrier, which involves alot of heavy lifting.
Take care and God bless us one and all!!
Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2008, 09:29 AM

Hi Ladies,
I'm happily reading the posts and I like the generally positive tone we're taking. After a blue Saturday, I did my darndest to snap out of it. I admit that so long without sex has been a downer. Decided to try a little safe, "afternoon delight" with wonderful, understanding and ***** husband. There is still a big smile on my face and my advice to all the other princesses is "go for it". Remember the doctor's caution about no intercourse, but like the song says about "an easy touch", you will enjoy it.

I needed that fun Sunday to fortify me for the onorous day I'd have on Tuesday with the radiation therapy body planning. Would you believe I was at the Cancer Center for 3 1/2 hours. The day started with an injection of some isitobes and then an hour wait to get into my system. After that, I had to lie on top of what looked like a paper eggcrate filled with squishy things like in a beanbag chair. Two e-ray guys had to mold it against and through my legs, kind of like a lower body cast. Part of me was covered with a sheet, but let me tell you, there is no modesty with this process. My abdomen, legs and hips look like a 3 year old went crazy with a blue sharpie! I've got 7 lines or x's drawn with permanent marker. Later, they'll use real tatoo dye and hopefully they'll only make freckle size marks.

I had to lie still for over 15 minutes during the PET Scan. Kept my eyes closed but towards the last minute, I got the worst hot flash I've had since post-surgery. I panicked and I asked to be pulled out of the tunnel. The heat made me feel like I was on fire. I don't think they got me out any quicker because of my distress, it just happened to be over. I cringed to think I still had another 1/2 hour of the plain MRI study to do. They gave me 5 minutes to stretch and then it was at least lots more comfortable because this time I wasn't in the mummy encasement, but on a soft matress instead. I have no idea of any results and I should be getting a call today or tomorrow with news. My guess is that I'll start the treatments on Monday for 5 weeks. What will be will be.
Thanks for allowing me to vent, it sure does help to talk to a group of women who can empathize. Bless us all.
Jett
Unread 03-19-2008, 10:10 AM

Jett, let me pray for you:
Father God, I pray that you will be with my sister as she goes through all of this in the next few weeks. I can't imagine all that she went through yesterday, just thinking about the tests makes me stressed since i hate mri's but i am so glad that she got through all of that. i pray for the results that are coming soon. Lord, i pray that you will be with her doctors that they would make the right choices for her. Lord, that she would have a peace and calmness that only comes from you. Lord, i pray for the weeks to come that you would heal her body and provide her with all the support she would need. Lord thank you for this website and the support that it offers. Lord, thank you for everything you do for us. amen

we are here for you. glad to hear that you and your dh had a wonderful time.
blessings
Unread 03-19-2008, 10:53 AM

Mew,
Thanks for the prayers. I've found out that I'm in lots of prayer circles and it feels wonderful. Do you remember that I told you all I did this mind/body visualization before my surgery? If anyone is interested, there was a full story about the method in my local paper. I'll be enclosing the link (if the coordinators allow it.) It's an inspiring story and it will explain all that I did, except I didn't write it. It turns out that my neighbor is the journalist who wrote the story. Here's the link:
http://www.northjersey.com/health/Su...eir_fears.html

Enjoy the story.
Jett
Unread 03-19-2008, 11:19 AM

Jett,
I hope things go well for you and after seeing you did the visualization I feel comfortable that things will go well for you. My mom used self-hypnosis (she makes a tape then plays it back with her own voice) to have a root canal with no anesthesia - the dentist couldn't believe it and wrote in a dental journal about the experience later. So I made a tape for myself the night before the operation. I have no idea if it made a difference, but my surgeon/doc is happy with the progress I've made and I am surprised with how well my 47 yr old body has recovered, especially having a heart attack last year and now on bp meds (only slightly high). I've seen studies on how the mental state of a patient influences healing so even if this is the only thing it's doing--it's worth it.

Funny thing though, in a waiting room I picked up a "Field & Stream" magazine and read an article about how fishermen claimed fishing helped them cure their own cancers--it was a serious article about the "meditation" like state that comes over them standing in a river waiting for fish. One man's cancer was gone completely in a year, doctors couldn't explain it.

maybe we should all go fishing!
Kim
Unread 03-19-2008, 12:55 PM
Progress Update

Hello sisters,

Today it is very sunny and still I went to the gym with dh to walk on the treadmill. I have increased my speed from 2-3 – 2.7 YEAH..although we only had time for 35minutes; I’ll go again later on with my son.

I met a co-worker for lunch today and it was SO NICE to get out. We sat & chatted for an hour and then I came home. I’m still depressed somewhat and I think its because I don’t have a real focus other than finishing my book. I am thinking once I see the Dr next Thursday I’ll feel better about things in general and when I return to work I’ll have a focus.

DH and I had a few 'words' this am as I was trying to find my hospital bill and couldn't and he said 'well what did you do with it?" to which I replied what do you mean what did "I" do with it, I gave it to you..ugh..he's likely thinking I must be coming 'around to my self..maybe so..LOL..

Liilaa: I do remember early on the posts about the extra belly button. Sad that I also agree you’d likely be footing the bill. Talk about aggravating! I don’t want this to sound wrong, but I am glad others are as frustrated as I am…It just really REALLY bothers me.

Shep337: I too am somewhat, actually more than somewhat depressed. I went to lunch with a co-worker today and found that our entire department is moving and I’ll be loosing my window seat..sigh..and I’m not sure who I’ll be sitting beside in my ‘cube’ but I am NOT looking forward to it. I do hope they only move upon my return so I at least don’t get the c.r.a.p.p.y. spot because I know that is what happens when you are not there. Hopefully we’ll feel better next week?

Meleee: I wonder if female OB/GYN’s are any better? I also wonder if its because men can’t have this surgery done so have no idea? Kind of like giving birth? That would be frustrating I think and I understand your aggravation

FortLauderdale: CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is fantastic news!
Unread 03-19-2008, 01:37 PM

Good Afternoon,

Todays post mention some meditation and relaxation to promote healing.
This is exactly what I do as part of my private practice. I thought I would share a simple explanation for you. Studies have been done by medical science, patients who do meditation, relaxation, creative visualization, sound therapy, bio feedback, massage and other methods have been shown to progress in healing at a faster rate and with fewer complications. Science knows that the cells in our body react positively to a relaxed state of being. Pain meds are used for that reason. Pain meds don't actually take the pain away, they decrease our awareness of the pain. Pain is like a stop sign for the body & cells when they are trying to heal, so the more relaxed the body, the more able the cells are to respond and create the natural healing process of the body. I hope that helps you understand the theory behind this. If you are interested in learning more you may enjoy Caroline Myss, a leading pioneer in Energy Medicine @ www.myss.com. Also, Deepak Chopra is another expert you may want to look into. An extra tidbit I want to share is that you don't need to go into deep meditation to assist your body in healing. I personally like to go out side and sit in the sun even if just for 10 minutes. My mind goes still and my body enjoys the sun & warmth. We all know how uplifting the sunshine is Aromatherapy is a big help too for those who live where it is icky outside. Flowers, candles or oils can help to relax and rejuvenate. Listening to music that personally brings you peace and serenity, even if it is lightly playing in the background. Energy Medicine is fantastic and easily accessible to each of us. Add this to the power of positive thinking & prayer...and there is so much help & assistance we can give to our body, mind & spirit
Unread 03-19-2008, 04:46 PM

hi ladies
well, i think i really messed up. i (without even thinking) lifted and carried the 20 lb baby that i sit for up and brought her into the living room. i didn't even notice until i sat down to change her diaper and got a sharp pain on my right side. that was two hours ago and i am still hurting. i took a pain pill and have the heating pad on me. it hurts to move around. i am so worried that i tore or pulled something. i can't believe i did this after i've been so careful not to do anything like that. it was just a minute where i acted instinctively and not thinking. i am debating whether i need to call the doctor or what. anyone else out there experienced anything like this?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register