Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 57 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 03-21-2008, 10:08 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Mew thank you so much for the prayer, I am going to go to sleep and get the rest that I am hoping for......all sleep well tonight.........:-) I hope this is not one of those sleepless nights.......OH PLEASE LET IT NOT BE!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2008, 10:27 PM

I gasped when I read that Peace fell in the shower. I told my husband "one of my hystersisters fell!" Then I read Marta's prayer for her and I had a thought....I have a new nickname for Marta (a.k.a Mew). Marta - can we call you Mother Marta? I feel like you're the Mother Hen looking out for us chicks! Before you get offended I know you aren't old enough to be my Mom! You just have that Mothering quality about you. I hope this post doesn't sound totally rediculous.

On another note, I am really hurting tonight but I didn't do anything strenous at all today. My lower back is hurting and that's a new thing for me (at least in relation to the surgery). I'm praying for a better day tomorrow!

Night ladies.
Mel
Unread 03-21-2008, 11:44 PM

hi mel,
that is really weird. my back is hurting is well. it started early today and just got worse as the day progressed with me doing things like walking around wal mart. anyway, i am not offended by Mother Marta. i laughed when i read that. i guess i have that mothering from not only being a mom, but also having a youth group and children's ministry that i do. all those kids are like my own i guess. i guess God gave me the gift of nuturing. so, call me whatever you like............i'm okay with it. try a heating pad, it helps.
blessings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2008, 11:41 AM

Peace - GOOD GRIEF - you're falling story had me freaking out ! How are you feeling now ? Please rest - and when you think you're all rested, REST SOME MORE ! When I started bleeding one week post op my doc ordered me back to bed, flat on my back until the bleeding stopped. It didn't actually ever stop, but after two days it was pink instead of red and my doc gave me to ok to get out of bed again.

Marta - Thank you !!! You give me hope, since you said your swelly belly actually went away one morning. Even tho it ended up coming back you've proven that it IS possible to get rid of the poof !

I hope your backs are feeling better soon. I had a near constant back ache for 3 months pre op. I had no idea what was causing it and considered going to the chiropractor. Once my Gyn did the transvagina ultrasound we had a feeling that the baseball sized fibroid might be to blame and it was the truth- I haven't had a backache since the surgery My point is - I know how lousy a backache can make you feel, so I do hope your backs clear up quickly.

I have HUGH news ..... I FINALLY got to sleep in bed last night since I'm now almost 100% comfy on my tummy. Oh how I missed my bed !!! I woke a couple of times in the middle of the night but it felt SO GOOD to be back in bed.

My family is coming to my house tomorrow for Easter. I bought a 23 lb fresh ham ! Its HUGH ! Obviously I didn't lift it and won't be. In fact, my sister and mom will be coming over early to do all the cooking (DH will put the ham in since it needs to cook for something like 7 hours !!), and they'll do all the cleaning afterward. My house has generally been the 'gathering place' and I was worried that we were going to miss having everyone over for Easter, but its worked out great. I'm very happy

Peace, Love and Joy to all of you
Unread 03-22-2008, 11:59 AM

Hello and Happy Easter to all,
I finally had the "nesting" urge and I decided it was time to dust and hand vaccum, (the thing only weighs 5 lbs at most). My bedroom is clean and I feel like the blues are fadding away. My sancuary no longer feels like a sick room, it's back to normal and I hope to keep it neat and clean from this point on. I still plan to take that occassional nap, but that's what my teenage son's room is for! He never makes his bed and he has a nice reading lamp on the headboard. I've changed his sheets and plan on plopping down in a short while to rest.

Just wanted to totally enjoy this last weekend before the radiation therapy starts. The ambulance corps had a fish fry last night for Good Friday and it was a treat to see lots of friends and talk positively about my upcoming treatments. Everyone knows someone who had to have radiation and they're all fine now. That sure is good to hear.

Here's to all the good days ahead. God Bless us All.
Jett
Unread 03-22-2008, 12:26 PM

Well it is morning and I had a hard time getting out of bed. Normally I hop up and do my thing even the first week of surgery. I would race everyone to the couch. Not today, I lagged in bed, and finally crawled out after my husband left. He called just now to check on me. I am up and back on the couch. I am not feeling to well. He is feeling me out on what to do for dinner tomorrow, whether he is cooking at home or if I would feel up to going out. I just don't feel up to doing anything today. I just am curled up with my swelly belly and holding on for the pain to subside. I wish I could climb in the whirlpool to make the sore muscles subside too, but that is week six I think.
Thank all of you for the support. I am going to go lay down with the hopes of a nap. I guess I am also resigned to all of those sappy lifetime movies for today :-) Hope you are all doing well.
Peace
Unread 03-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Peacewins

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacewins
Thank you mew and shep. I followed your advice mew and called the hospital, they told me to watch, I have told them of my curtain hanging mishaps and such and I am to make sure that I don't start bleeding because at this point our cervix is not fully healed....and if it starts bleeding (pink in urine or underwear) could show there is a problem this late in game. Also if the pain gets to where I am bent over walking or can't walk without holding myself......I need to go in........I am resting now, there are times it is pretty much there, but I am going to rest until morning and the shock wears off and see how it is. Yes shep, be careful for sure washing your hair...........hanging curtains and even getting hit with the shopping cart was not where near as traumatic or painful as this.....our shower has seats in it and it hit my stomach really hard, and knocked the wind out of me. My husband was at work and I was trying to turn to catch myself on this little hand thingy that we use to hang things on, and well I just turned and wrenched things, and then landed hitting myself, so my grace was not so great. I have not had the best of luck with this.......wow!! I feel so bogged down right now with everything........I mean........I just want to get well.......my husband said you are not a good patient.......I always just want to do what I want to do and well......he is probably right, but some of this has been out of my control......but now I am kind of down in the dumps, maybe a nights sleep will make things look better.
Thanks for being there.

How are you feeling today? Hopefully you got a good nights sleep and all is healing...
Unread 03-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Jo

My family is coming to my house tomorrow for Easter. I bought a 23 lb fresh ham ! Its HUGH ! Obviously I didn't lift it and won't be. In fact, my sister and mom will be coming over early to do all the cooking (DH will put the ham in since it needs to cook for something like 7 hours !!), and they'll do all the cleaning afterward. My house has generally been the 'gathering place' and I was worried that we were going to miss having everyone over for Easter, but its worked out great. I'm very happy

Peace, Love and Joy to all of you[/quote]

JoAnne..Ham is 85% cooked what you really need to do is just get the internal temperature up to 165 degrees...on a 23 lb ham it would take approximately two hours at 350 degrees farenheight...otherwise your ham is going to be very dry...

Not that I am a cook mind you but my dh was a meat salesman to cooks for 20 years and knows all about meat..I thought 7 hours was a little high..and of course read out the post as he is doing his husbandly duties of cleaning the toilet..HA!

Sounds like it will be fun at your place...
Unread 03-22-2008, 02:55 PM

Dans Wife, I am struggling today. My back and sides are sore, but nowhere near as sore as my stomach and behind my incision. I am not bent over or holding myself when walking or bleeding which were the requirements I would meet to go to ER, however, JUST BARELY not bent over when walking or holding myself, so I have my swelly belly on my swelly belly (and boy is it SWOLLEN!!) it is helping some, but I keep recharging it, when it needs it. Tomorrow is my husbands birthday as well, so we are ordering pizza tonight and he got tools and a saw for his bday that he will play with tonight. Tomorrow we will celebrate Easter. I think we will be staying in. I don't think that i am going to be having the energy or ability to be doing the walking since my fall tomorrow to go out to eat. I am requiring rest today. Maybe it is because it is the day after, I just don't know. I am taking ibuprophren and alleve. If it gets at all worse I will just go on to the ER, I am sure.....I just don't want to ruin my husbands bday or Easter.
Unread 03-22-2008, 03:33 PM

Peace - I'm sorry you're still feeling bad today. I am glad that you're being careful and taking it easy though. Keep us posted when you have the energy.

Last night I was lying in bed with only two pillows under my head and realized that I was totally comfortable for the first time that I can remember since surgery (at least without pain meds and/or lots of pillows). My belly still hurts when I'm up and about but it was nice to have that moment! My back felt better this morning but is starting to ache this afternoon.

Yesterday I asked my DH about the night of my surgery. He said I would wake up and say I was in a lot of pain and then go back to sleep. I can't remember it at all. I don't remember anyone else being in the room except him. My parents and one of my brothers as well as my in-laws were all there. He also said I threw up a couple times the day after surgery and I don't even remember that. I vaguely remember trying to go longer periods of time before pressing the morphine button but I have a feeling I was pushing it a lot.

Well, I wish you all a Happy Easter tomorrow!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register