Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 58 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 03-22-2008, 03:02 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

So what s it about week 4 and having pain? I don't know why, but now my left side hurts like the right said had been. Maybe it was overcompensating and is now at it's breaking point? I can't even site, I am slouched so far back in this chair I'm practically laying. It's not awful pain, but it's enough to make me go take a Tylenol after this and go lay flat the rst of the night. All I did was ride downtown and look around at the antiques sidewalk sale, have lunch and stop at 3 yard sales where I walked slowly. Nothing rough at all. I don't get it.

Peace, I hope you start feeling a lot better and I feel for you on being in the dumps, some days aer better than others. Just know that it's temporary and slowly we ARE all getting better (I think we're all getting a little impatient with this darned healing stuff).

Jett, I'm so glad to read that it sounds like your spirits are up and you're ready to go do what you gotta do! You go girl! We are with you! As we all get better and check the forum less and less (means we're getting our lives back I hope) please continue to post your followups--I know I'll be checking this site for months, maybe forever, who knows.

It feels like this thread has become it's own community!
Happy Easter to all who celebrate it and a happy healthy day to everyone else who may celebrate something else! Chocolate sales next week, woo hoo! I'll really try to control myself though. really. no really.
Kim

no really!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2008, 11:19 AM

Just wanted to send out Happy Easter wishes to all of you today. I wish you all a wonderful day with your family and friends. I'll say a special prayer for each of you to find comfort, energy and good spirits as we get ready to head into our best week yet. Thinking about all of you and appreciating the special gifts that each of you bring to our virtual coffee shop here.
Unread 03-23-2008, 04:18 PM

Warmest greetings to all my sisters, It is now 10.00pm here in the UK. I keep forgetting about the time difference!!!!As you all know, my journey has been tough. I now realise that I went into surgery slightly disadvantaged, in as much as I had been struggling to take care of myself since DH died. My family doctor told me this week that my recovery would be a bit slower-----so I now accept this is the case.This past week has probably been the best so far---I actually have bben out 5 days out of 7. I am now finding I can go out for about 2 hours, then I need to have a snooze. I have given in to that and I am now listing to my body. I sold the benefits of the site to my doctor, (must have made sense to him) and he is going to use it for pre op patients. He even said for people who did not have a computer, he would get his staff to do print offs. Score one for hystersisters. I have my post op on April10th, and I intend to tell my ob/gyn. I have also accepted that it is difficult to be here at home on my own. It magnifies the cabin fever!!!!In this coming week, I plan to message all the sisters who personally took the trouble to message me. I have to tell all mu US sisters, I am completly addicted to the presdiential election. I am totally into Barak Obama. I so want him to win. He is so different and dignified. I record the Situation Room, the Campagin Trail, Late Editon and AndersonCooper 360. Then I watch them the next day.
My counseller from the hospice came to see me last Thursday and I was unable to define how I felt. She reckons that my hysterectomy and my grief are mixed together as well as legal and family issues, so it is okay that I am unable to distinguish. Can I ask if any one has an idea as to when it would be safe for me to have a massage and use a steam room. I must be improving!!!!!!!!!!I have struggled with having any interest in myself, so this thinking is good news for me. I loved all the threads about all the family get togethers for the Easter weekend. I hope they were all wonderful. I want to send prayers to my sisters who are facing difficult treatment ahead and any one who is not as good as they might be.
I am continuing to put one foot in front of the other and trying to do the next right thing and I fully know in my soul, that this is down to my Higher Power, whom I choose to call God.
Last problem, is there an easy way or shortcut for me to find my sisters usernames. I went in to loke for Celtic Tigeress and clicked on the letter C------there was to many pages. I must admit I find email much simpler and if anyone wished to send me their email, I would be grateful. I am going to make myself a hot drink now and I send long armed hugs from my house to all of your houses.
Thank you all so much for being my friends

Sleep well and sweet dreams.
Love
Sheila
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2008, 05:05 PM

Hi Sheila..if you left click on the name of the poster you want, it gives you a drop down menu and you can check what you wish..e-mail is there as an option..

Glad to hear you are thinking about the massage and steam room although I've no idea when you should be able to try them..Perhaps you can call your doctor's assistant & they can find out?

I needed some personal time today also and I colored my hair & gave myself a facial...it felt soooooooooooooo nice I knew it was time to do my hair b/c dh just kept looking at it...LOL..and then my youngest son commented on Oh My what Gray MOM..
Unread 03-23-2008, 07:23 PM

Hi sisters,
Wishing everyone a Happy Easter! Today was my first day back at church and with my kids in Sunday school. I was so excited! DD thought it would be too much to teach an entire lesson, so I just did a small one on salvation which I think went really well. Church was awesome and since DD was taking photos of the service DS was "watching out for me". I did get caught by my fiancee taking the stairs back up to our section, I thought he was outside so I was really surprised. I'm going to hear about me "overdoing" it for a while. But I had a good day. After church met my sister and her family at my mom's then DD and DS and I went to dinner so I would not have to cook. I was really tired after that so in agreement with my mom and everyone else, I came home and lay down.

I had a great day and I pray everyone else did too.

Peace, I'm really praying that you did no harm and that you will be well. Please take care of yourself!

Irish, it sounds like you are feeling a little better, I'm really praying for your total healing. It is so cool to hear that you are into the elections and Barack Obama. I am from Illinois and he has been one of my favorites from the a long time ago.

DansWife, Hope the ham turned out well. Enjoy!

Best wishes to you all and remember that the best is yet to come!
Unread 03-24-2008, 08:47 AM

wow! something happened and i didn't get my emails telling me that there were new posts. i think i had some withdrawl issues yesterday. i kept checking my email throughout the day to see if anyone had posted anything and i didn't get an email so i figured everyone was out and about with their families. so, this morning i decide to come on here anyway and post and see that a whole day and a half went on with people posting. this site has come to mean a lot to me and i felt a little disconnected without all of your posts.
Peace-i hope you got rest yesterday and are feeling better, please let us know how you are doing today.
Sheila-I am so glad to hear that you are thinking of a massage and steam room. If you can lay on your belly I don't see the harm in a massage but you might want to check with the doctors office for sure! I hope to continue reading about your progress and your family doctor is right-you take your time to recover at your own level, just as we all need to. i find that i was comparing myself to others and then feeling bad that i wasn't where they were. so, take your time-we are here for you.
sylvia-you make me laugh because you remind me of me. i get "caught" every now and then and my family fusses that i am over doing it to. last week when i went into the attic at church, i had people that weren't even there asking me what i was thinking. lol.
shep- i know how frustrating it is to feel so down because of the pain too.
i just imagined that week 4 would be super for us and i still have those days when i hurt so bad i don't want to do anything but it will get better so just hang on!!! soon we will all be posting about how we are finally pain free.
mel- i had talked to my husband a couple of weeks ago about the day of my surgery and i too do not remember a lot. i remember my dh, my kids and my sister and one friend but i don't remember my mom or another friend that were there with me. i remember waking up and telling them wait i'm trying to beat lauren at checkers, in my head." i remember telling them that i was playing checkers and then realizing where i was so i added the "in my head". that is so crazy! but i don't remember much else until 9:17 the next morning!!!

okay, everyone i have to tell you that i had a great Ressurection Sunday. We went to church and then to my dh's grandmother's house to eat with my in-laws. I was a little sore in the AM but then started feeling better. I even wore heels to church! I taught sunday school and then did children's church. I even did the hand motions with them and it didn't hurt me this time. after lunch we came home to change and decided to instead of everyone going into their own rooms to do something as we do when we are at home, we would go do something together since the weather was beautiful. we took off driving and ended up at a park where my youngest wanted to go. we swang togther on the swings and played on some kiddy ride we shouldn't have been on and then they went to hit the tennis balls. they don't know how to play so i say hit the tennis ball. my son and dh had been out there before and so my dh had shown him how to play so they did okay but my two dds were just playing around. my 17 year old dd has never hit a tennis ball before and she has a shoulder that has been sore for about 8 or 9 months when she dislocated it at work and barely uses it. but she did it and loved it. she told me she wanted to play with her dad. it made my heart dance....she isn't always his best friend-she pushed him away a long time ago and is just recently warming back up to him-teenagers!! anyway, it made me so happy to have her ask to play with him instead of the other way around, so we went to walmart and they bought more rackets so they can all play at one time. we went to the rec center near my house and there was no place there for me to sit like i did at the other one so i sat in our van with my seat reclined a little and watched and looked at VBS stuff on my laptop. they played for about 1 1/2 hours. it was wonderful to see them all out there laughing and having fun together. so, it was a great day. I think God united our family a little more and I am so very thankful. we came home and watched a couple of movies and then hit the sack! i had a rough night though. kept waking up and couldn't get comfortable, swelly belly is a bit bothersome but i don't think its too bad this morning.
today we start our new routine. i need to get back to a healthier lifestyle so we are going to the track every day to walk. i will take it easy and walk slow and only what i can do. when i get tired i will quit. i went to the tanning salon on saturday and oh my goodness that was wonderful!! i felt those endorphines kick in and i had so much energy!! i plan on going every day this week and walking so maybe that will encourage me to eat better as well. i have gained so much weight over the last 3 years with one injury after another and not being able to exercise like i used to. i had a knee injury and had surgery, the next year i fell and hyperextended my thumb and needed surgery and then i ended up in constant pain for over a year with this fibroid issue and now this surgery. so, all the weight that i had lost previously and kept off for two years got added back to me. i need to lose weight. my goal is to lose 54 lbs. i would like to do that by next feb because it will be my 20th wedding anniversary. i told my dh that if i lose the weight and fit into a dress that i bought years ago to renew our vows (the dress fit me then) that i would like to wear it. he told me that if i reached my goal by the middle of this year (a goal set by me for the middle of this year that is) that we could start planning the ceremony. anyway, i have lost 9 lbs since they took me off the depo shot in january so now i onl have 54 lbs to go!!
anyway, i hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. To me Easter is just as special if not more so than Christmas. To me, Christmas is the beginning of the Easter story since Jesus' purpose for being born was to die for our salvation. Easter to me is the epitomy of God's love and I want to share with eveyone I know how important that is to me. Jesus came to live in my heart at the age of 27. I grew up knowing all about him and knowing that he loved me but it was not until the age of 27 when i realized that i could not get into heaven and be with him forever if i did not do more than just know about him. i asked him to forgive me of my sins and to become Lord of my life. To change me to become the person He created me to be-one that honored him and glorified him. I put all my trust in Him and believe that He did die for me and does give me salvation. At the age of 27 he changed my life. He saved my marriage that was falling apart-my husband told me he didn't love me and wanted a divorce after 9 years of marriage. God healed us both and brought us back together to the marriage He brought together. He is now the center of our marriage and that is the reason we are together now. He did save my marriage and my husband and i are more in love with each other today than we were when we first got married. God did that and I am forever thankful for His love for us.
anyway, Easter reminds me of the great sacrifice that HE made for us just to be in a relationship with each one of us. I asked my youth class yesterday what their faith means to them. To me, its being able to tell others about what God has done in my life. No one can deny my testimony because I am living proof of God's salvation, love and mercy.

let me pray for you: Lord I pray for my sisters as we all heal from this surgery. I know that i push the envelope sometimes when it comes to what i can do and can't do. I pray that you will provide us with discernment to know what is too much for us. Lord I pray for my friend, Peace as she recovers from this fall that she took, Lord I pray that you will bring a quick healing upon her so that she can get back to where she was in her recovery. I know that you are in control of everything and that you help us through every stage. I pray for my friend Silvia that you will give her what she needs to get through each day. Lord, there are so many of us that want and need to get back to our "regular" routines, help us to take our time and be patient with our bodies. Help those who have had to return to work to get the rest they need to continue the healing process. We only have this one time to heal properly. Lord thank you for this wonderful website, it is a tool that you have provided for me to cope and to get through the process. I see how people look at me and see that i look better on the outside so they expect me to be back to normal-help me to step back and not get caught up in that and to take my time. You know me Lord, I am hard headed and stubborn, help me to not be rushed into thinking that I am superwoman again!! Lord, i love you. thank you for my life, my family, my church and my friends. You are amazing, You are most High, You are my Savior and Friend and Abba Father. I ask all these in your name. amen

Ladies, i have to tell you something that i did. I made an oops. Saturday my daughter was driving me from store to store and then to pick my son up at my pastor's house (we had taken him earlier in the day-its about 25 minutes away). anyway when we were leaving one walmart and heading to another she said she was tired of driving and i said, i can drive. they all said "no you are not suppose to" and i said others on the website have driven and they are okay, so i suckered them into letting me drive. well, i drove from one walmart to another about 15 minutes apart and i was done. i wasn't hurting but i knew that if i continued i would be worn out and might not make church the next day. so we shopped and i had my daughter drive home. i had a few shooting pains on my right side of my belly and my swelly belly was huge! i am sure it was huge because of all the activity too but still. i decided, i better listen to the doctor and wait. i am a little envious of all you that are driving but figured i would listen to my doctors because i don't want them blaming me for a slower recovery or an accident that hurts me. picking up the baby the other day showed me that i can't do things yet even though i am almost at 5 weeks!
well, another lesson learned. love you all but i gotta go get ready to walk
blessings
Unread 03-24-2008, 09:03 AM

Yesterday was good, it was also my husbands birthday. I was up more than I should have been, but I am going to rest today to make up for it. My husband made me a cooler of drinks he was supposed to be off today but got called into work. I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. We went out to eat. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. There is quite a bite of soreness and tenderness. I am just going to go back to sleep as my body is telling me to do and rest. You gals are such a blessing through this. I don't know what I would do without you. Seriously, because, I have been so discouraged, and each time, I look on here, and there you are cheering me on! Thank you!!!
Unread 03-24-2008, 11:02 AM

So good to read good stuff. Mew, so glad you are doing ok and had a good Easter, I know it means so much to you and glad, Peace, you are finding things better.
Dans wife, that facial does sound relaxing. I've never had one, but a year ago I treated myself to a pedicure at the Aveda training salon here--students work on us--it was quite nice! They do facials too, I may have to look into that!
I'm still having that sharp sometimes pain in my left side, mostly as soon as I am sitting for more than 3 minutes. I was panicking Saturday night, afraid I was passing another kidney stone like last fall--it was so painful I lost consciousness and freaked my mom out waiting for the ambulance. I don't think this is a stone, guess it's still the healing inside.
I guess my impatience is showing now, I just thought I was healing so well, that I should be about healed by now. Oh well, guess this is why they say 4 to 8 weeks recovery and not just 4 weeks. So I'll hang in there! At least I am still improving, even if it's slowly now. sigh.
ah, the chocolate is on sale today! I feel better already!

Kim
Unread 03-24-2008, 12:09 PM

i just got back from the tanning salon and walking a mile at the track! i am so excited. i probably could had walked more but i was afraid to do too much and not be able to move tomorrow. my tummy is a little sore but nothing bad yet! it is so beautiful outside. my dds and i had a wonderful walk. i did just sit here though and eat a pack of meringues. they are so good! no fat and no cholesterol but 17 grams of carbs, 12g of sugar. yikes but oh they are so good.
anyway, sorry about your saturday. i hope you are feeling better now. have you called the doctor just to let them know this pain is persistant? i would hate for it to be something that needs to get checked out. i know that this is something that worries me. that i am so naive as to what is normal that i am going to miss a sign and when i get to my 7 week check up they are going to say: why didn't you call us? oh well, i just gotta hope that all is well within me.
hope everyone has a great day
Unread 03-24-2008, 04:27 PM

Hi Sylvia,
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am encouraged to hear that you to can only do so much and then you have to rest. I do compare myself to other sisters and think I should be better than I am. I am sure I will turn the corner when the time is right. Sleep well and sweet dreams.
Sheila

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register