Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 02-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Hi everyone. I'm glad to hear that you're all making it through these first days. I had my TAH/BSO and lymph node sampling last Thursday. Recovery in the hospital was very rough and I had very little mobility due to pain. I had a push button for morphine but had a bad reaction to it (claustrophobia, delusions, etc) so I didn't use it as much as I probably needed to. Had to keep asking nurses to leave the door open so I wouldn't panic. Sleep was only for maybe an hour at a time if lucky as the darn hospital bed kept rolling to massage me like every 5 minutes or so. Mine was malfunctioning and kept making a loud buzzing sound! I felt like I was in a behavioral study! There was one nurse who had a bad bedside manner and kept sneezing and coughing as the poor thing had to work double shifts; she was tired and cranky and I don't blame her. I would look at the board each shift and pray that she was not my nurse, but there would be her name again, over and over. Needless to say, when you added up the sum of these parts, I was truly inspired to shower and get a move on it to get the green light to go home - you can't believe what a motivator those bad times were! I'm just now able to sit at the computer for a bit. The Darvocet is helping with pain management - I had a lot of scar tissue that had to be removed and it caused extra pain on my lower right side. One thing I learned right up front was to be very honest with my friends and say "HEY! I'm in a lot of pain and I'm crabby right now. Thanks for the good wishes but DON'T call or come by until I'm ready!" A few got upset but you are the only one who knows how YOU feel...and that is what matters most now. You getting better. Each day that goes by is incrementally better than the one before it and I am determined to live a happy life again. Just taking some baby steps right now! Thank God hubby is doing a fine job at feeding me and helping me get around. Really looking forward to this pain subsiding a bit as it is continuing to be way more than I anticipated but each case is different and you don't know until you get on the other side. Hang in there everyone! I just know this will get much better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2008, 09:25 PM

I also had tvh with bladder sling on 2/20.Am feeling pretty good just very tired.Good luck
Unread 02-26-2008, 06:59 AM

Its so nice to see everyone checking in and coming back. Its like a family reunion !
I had to cough last night and didn't have enough time to grab my firm throw pillow to press against my stomach - I'm paying BIG TIME for that today. I don't think I've done permanent damage but I'm in more pain. I plan on getting much more rest today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2008, 07:05 AM

OMGoodness! I have been having sneezing fits and its awful! I am hoping I have not done any damage but with a sneeze you can't control the amount of pressure exerted. It hurt so badly last night that I even had dh check to make sure I didn't open my incision. He said it looks fine but I am afraid if I have done damage to inside!
Lord, I pray for all of us recovering from our surgeries to have your peace. Lord, heal our bodies that we might find relief after all of this is done. I pray for my sisters who are going through many of the same aches and pains and maybe even worse than I am ......i pray that you will help us find rest in you. Lord, help me and my sisters to take one day at a time and not to over do it. thank you Jesus for all that you have done in my life already through this, thank you for saving me and giving me a chance to see you working in my life, please comfort my sisters who are struggling and bring us through all of this with flying colors
amen
Unread 02-26-2008, 07:27 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Beautiful prayer, mew68! My prayers are with all of you too!
Unread 02-26-2008, 07:35 AM

I am home from my surgery on 2/21/08. I had a TVH (ovaries saved) with A/P repair and a tension free vaginal tape. Everything went very smoothly, the worst parts were removing the vaginal packing (male nurse, of course) and getting recathed to check for residual urine. Apparently I was a bit swollen and the nurse had a very difficult time finding the correct orifice! Apart from that and the gas pain,it wasn't too bad. By the way, if anyone has a dilaudid or any pain pump for that matter and you have intense itching, it is a side effect and you should tell your nurse. Unfortunately I had this reaction and didn't let anyone know for a while. Here I am using my little button for all it's worth, getting some pain relief and itching my skin off. My poor face looked like a tomato! After stopping it anf a couple rounds of Benadryl, I settled down. Well, like I said, home now, feeling ok taking it easy and being a pampered princess. Not sleeping real hot, very weird dreams!! Wonder if this is normal. Good luck to all who have yet to have their operation! HeartNurse2
Unread 02-26-2008, 09:42 AM
Still feeling good

Well I'm home alone and still feeling good. Dh had to get back to work already. I'm taking things easy, doing laps around the house.. Too much ice and snow to go outside! Dh has everything I could possibly need all set out within easy reach for me! Still only taking normal tylenol, I'm feeling very lucky! I think my biggest problem is going to be boredom! And as to that tingly, numdish feeling in arms and legs.. yes I have that too! I guess we should start a new post about it!
Unread 02-26-2008, 10:13 AM

fortdawn
what kind of hysterectomy did you have-wow, two days after me and only tylenol for pain. ......i'm a little jealous here. i had a tah with lots of scar tissue. fibroid found in uterus 2x normal size......i am feeling like i am not progressing fast enough after reading some of these posts! do you guys think its too early to go sit at church at one week post op for about an hour?
Unread 02-26-2008, 10:17 AM

Thank you for that wonderful prayer, mew68. I just read it out loud for all of us. Just wanted to pass along a funny story. Sometimes when I'm walking across my bedroom and office to get exercise, I find myself singing the song from the movie Rocky...duh duh duh....duh duh duh.... and then I raise my fist like a fighter! Not only does it look silly, it makes me smile inside because I can still see that sense of humor and courage are lurking inside of me! So the next time you are hobbling along, just break out in the Rocky theme song and make it to where you need to go. I really enjoy reading all of your posts - keep them coming.
Unread 02-26-2008, 10:32 AM

theme song to "rocky" huh? hysterical......lol now my stomach is hurting. it's great to see you all have a sense of humor. hospital stories, gas, .... some of you are sharing your horror stories with a sense of humor. so great! church after only a week? i say absolutely. how could it not make you feel better, right! i need to vent a minute. i have a wonderful husband who normally is "hovering". why is he out the door to work and not helping me? my house is a disaster, i just used the broom(i'm not sure that i should be doing that, but its all i'm going to do). i think because i'm feeling so much better than i or anyone expected, he's not helping. thank God for my daughter. first, one week after surgery dr. appt today. interested in what she has to say. she said my fibroid was the size of a basketball, and probably weighed 8 lbs. discusting........lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register