Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 64 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 03-27-2008, 06:59 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

hrtgo - sore44 posted about hair loss (a couple of posts above yours). I had drier then usual skin on my tummy but thats resolved. The full bladder feeling could very well be a UTI - you should call your doctor about that before it gets worse.

Mew - you SAW the shuttle and the lab !? that's awesome. I must have been looking in the wrong part of the sky.

They said on the news that I should have been able to see the shuttle but I didn't. I DID hear the sonic boom - I was standing outside waiting for it but still didn't expect it - I nearly jumped out of my skin LOL

Louise - I'm not sure I want to see the hyst video but I'm sure I will now that you've told us where to find it. Maybe I'll make DH watch it too so that I can get more sympathy !! I feel pretty good so he thinks I'm superwoman again. LOL

I return to work one week from today. The first week post op was the longest in my life. The rest of the time FLEW by !!! I'm really going to miss being a pampered princess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 08:10 AM

yes, joann we saw the shuttle and the other two but like i said, it was still in space when we did, it looked like stars whizzing across the sky (still very cool though) and that was on tuesday night at 8:30pm central time. you are closer and would have been able to see when it actually entered our atmosphere-sorry you missed that because that must be awesome! anyway, i think tonight we can see the space station again around 7:46. you can go to the nasa website and look up sightings and it will tell you by your state and city when (precisely what time) you can see things that are in orbit. its pretty neat.
anyway, i am feeling much better-even without a lot of sleep i am starting to function like a normal person all day long. still the aches and pains but i have decided that i need to compare this pain to the one i had prior to surgery which means this is a walk in the park compared to what i lived with for 14 months! so, over all i am doing well.
but i did have to tell my husband last night, i know i look like i am fine and its only one week left of official recovery time but i am still not 100% and everyone is starting to act as if I am..........last night i did two loads of laundry, took out the garbage to the street and washed a bunch of dishes and loaded the rest in the dishwasher. He told me he knows that I am not 100% and helped me with the rest of the clothes. Now in his defense he wasn't home when i was doing all of that, he got home and I was in the laundry room. But my dd who always helps me (and did end up doing the rest of the kitchen) was entertaining my three guests (niece and nephews) and my son was sick and my other dd was still out with a friend. its probably the first time i got aggravated that the house was a bit disordered and i just had to clean it. Usually, I say they will get it and go rest but I didn't. So, its probably my own fault but at the same time, before in my recovery, they wouldn't let it get like this. I also know that I need to not be so antsy-we have three very loud and what is the best word I can use for them, wild kids in my home. they fight, the don't pick up after themselves all the time and my kids are older and more tame now. they really are great kids they just get a little wired and they are not used to being inside as they are always running around their yard and street playing with friends. so, i do understand and give them some slack. I also know that they are worried about their parents.
Anyway, I am taking them to this put-put place in the mall today that has black light-should be fun. I know that I am not good at just watching so I will try to play. I don't think put-put is too stressful on the stomach muscles so I will try. If not, i will get antsy and want to leave before they are done. my dd changed her schedule at work, so she will be able to come and drive..thank goodness because I am still as little sore from driving yesterday!
i do have some very exciting news! my son was accepted to Union University in Jackson Tenn. We will be traveling on the 11th to go check out the college. He is excited and I am very happy for him. But I can't think or talk about him actually being gone because I am so not ready for that. But he is a grown man and I need to trust the Lord to protect him. I am so thankful that it is a Christian College he chose. I told him about many others and we checked out LSU here in Louisiana but he wasn't interested.
So, I will just have to trust that God opened that door for a purpose. Everything I have read about the school is very good. It seems to be a very prestigious school with many awards presented to it. He will be studying computer science and possibly engineering. We are waiting for scholarship money to come in. He has several options he is hoping will come through. I will share with you all something and we can all rejoice when God's power is revealed. We are parents who didn't prepare well for college. We have no savings and have lived pretty much pay check to paycheck all our lives but I have this great peace that God will provide every penny that my son needs for college. We have asked God to bless our son because he loves school and want to further his education and have a good life. I believe that God honors us when we are faithful. He chose a Christian college and he has such a desire to follow God. He fails many times in doing things the way that would praise God but his heart truly seeks God. I have faith that God will provide just as he always has for us. We have seen financial blessing after financial blessing throughout our lives. God gives us what we need just as he promised. Many people believe that you have to have a huge house with a two car garage and money to spend at your free will to be blessed. that is not blessed to me. Blessed is knowing that everything you have, God has provided. My house is lived in, not spotless, one of our cars needs to be replaced, my son is about to graduate and we can't give him a car, there are many repairs needed in my home..........the list can go on, but why bother, what i know is that my children are healthy, that i am on my way back to being able to be the active person i am, that my husband loves me and I love him, that my children are loved and safe, that we have food on the table every day, a roof over our heads and wonderful friends and family. I know that God has blessed me with the knowlege of his love and given each of my kids and husband and me salvation because we were able to hear his word and understand that we needed to make a conscience effort to accept Him and turn over our lives to HIm, I know that I now can share all my experiences and give glory to God to possibly give someone else hope. So, I am blesed, keep your millions, keep your fancy cars-look at hollywod-money does not make you happier. okay sorry....i get carried away sometimes when I realize how wonderful our Savior is and how much He loves me.....and you!!
blessings ladies for a wonderful day........i gotta go to WalMart. WallyWorld has been seeing a lot of me lately!
Unread 03-27-2008, 10:06 AM
Post-OP Visit

Hi sisters,

Apparently I am just doing 'mighty fiine'. I had the appointment for my RTW paper to be filled out and it quickly turned into my post-op appointment.

Questions from Surgeon to me:

Q: Any bowell issues?
A: no
Q: Any problems from the surgery?
A: not really
Q: Any issues with your bladder?
A: Yes, very sensitive
Reply: since the bladder now is up front without the uterus to keep it where it was living it is going to be sensitive and whenever there is any urine it will want to contract and cause you to want to empty it; not sure how long it will remain like that but it should get better over-time.
Q: Can I see your incision
A: Yep, sat on the table & hicked down my jeans.LOL
Reply: Looks great it will over-time become white and you will still have the slight 'speed bump'
Reply:You are cleared for all activities but it may be some time before you will be back to 100%

Reply: Pathology report came back and all is well, a benign type of cyst, you should have your remaining ovary checked by your GP in a yearly pelvic exam unless you have problems.

Question from me:
Q: Why is my right leg numb?
A: It will get better again over-time (anyone seeing a theme here?) has everything do with the nerves & such from the surgery.

Needles to say all my questionms were at homeo because I thought the post-op would be next Thursday, I don't have to go back..SIGH..I wanted to ask about the hot/cold flushes..but I guess if it gets really bad I'll go to my GP.

OH..and nothing I do will change anything after six weeks, the incision is as good as its going to get by then. And I can do ab exercises starting next Tuesday...

So, I took my paper into work and chatted with my coworkers and my bosses and they're planning the new move in May and I'll be getting new furniture..and I'll be sitting in the "supervisory area" ISN'T THAT GREAT??? i was very very anxious about my return to work because I felt disconnected..now I'm looking forward to it, and the VP said I could make my own hours next week if I was tired in the am work the pm shift..

We're getting together tomorrow evening for a SCRABBLE night..so that sounds fun too and giving me something to look forward to...

Now I'm going to go read all the posts since yesterday..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 10:46 AM

cynthia, so from your appt. we can learn that things will get better over time. lol! just what we want to hear. i thought about that several times yesteday that we are counting down to this 6 week mark thinking or hoping that all will be normal on that date. i know that i kept "dreaming" that i would wake up and could go run around from dawn until midnight and have all the same energy and stay up all night at my youth events and everything next week. yeah right! my focus is to get into shape and feeling good by June when we have our VBS. We have our mission trip in July-we are going to Joplin Missouri. I am getting excited about that as I plan the trip. I had considered a trip to the Ukranine in August but don't think I will have time to raise the 3000.00 I need for that trip when I still have my local church mission trip to raise money for. Our church runs about 50 and our funds just make our regular expenses (in fact, i only get a stipend for 100.00 a month for milage because we can't afford to pay me). When I started it was as a Volunteer but they wanted to pay me something...for me its not about the money so its all okay. but all this to say that we don't have a budget line item for youth fund. all our money we have we raise ourselves for our mission trips, our youth trips and all youth ministry activities. I believe it teaches our kids that it is a sacrifice to minister to others and we all love doing fundraisers and asking for sponsors and so forth. I think it makes things worth a little more to us than if the church just said "here is money-go spend it". of course, i'm not crazy-when we receive gifts and they tell us "use it as you need it"-its a huge blessing! so anyway, we have a garage sale, fish fry, crawfish boil and probably a car wash to do all before July 11th!!! We are trying to raise about 3500.00. God seems to always provide so I am not stressing about it. ...........but i do see a bunch of stuff that i am in charge of. its my passion and i know that i will find the strength and i will also delegate where needed but i am a hands-on youth minister-i participate in the work always-i never ask anyone to do something i am not willing to do and i always expect my students to give 100% so i give 110%. that is just who i am and i am comfortable with that because it is my gifts from God. He will equip me to handle all those situations as my body continues to recover. If he got me through last year and i was able to do all those things in the pain that i was in,.......this should be cake! i can't wait to play mud football with the kids again!!!
well, i hope all of you wonderful ladies have a wonderful day. you desserve it.
blessings
Unread 03-27-2008, 10:56 AM
Ready or Not here we come!

Now that we are all in week 5 - I wonder where all the time went. I have never been home and slept in my own bed for 5 weeks straight! It has gone fast and now I am really taking advantage of the precious time I have left by myself.

I way over did it yesterday thinking I was all OK, went to bed in tears from exhaustion - but slept great!

I know what you mean everyone thinks we are 100% again, and I just told my partner - I still need help, please...dinner, dishes, grocery, errands. I know this has not been easy on them either - working all day and then taking care of me...we are both tired.

We are going to the fabulous Florida Keys next week, and I took a week vacation - no doctors, family, friends, just us - relaxing and enjoying life. Before the surgery I had my stack of books to read, and never read one - next week I will...and get some sun to feel alive again.

I hope everyone is having a good day and remember next week is Celebration week for all of us - get a cake!
Unread 03-27-2008, 12:35 PM

I think this week was the turning point for me. As of yesterday my belly seems more "normal" and less like something taped on. I don't get those twinges anymore when I get up on my right side from bed, so that's good. I still get issues when I sit for awhile so I don't think I'll be full time at work yet and I'm not looking forward to the stress either as one of my coworkers was fired last week--so more work for the rest of us as we were already short (she took a few weeks off she had planned to visit fiancee's family in France, but was not given permission from work--she went anyway. I can see both sides.)
Just writing about it makes me uneasy, I'm gonna tell this all to my doc tomorrow so she can know what I'll be up against to make her decision on my return date. Stress is my real enemy, I'm still learning better ways to deal with it--internalizing it was my way before--that's no longer an option!
Maybe I should take up skeet shooting or something!
Kim
Unread 03-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Hi my sisters!

Well, over 5 weeks now, and getting close to normal. I had a wonderful Holy Week and Easter - I managed to sing at Mass not only during Passion Sunday, but Holy Thursday, Easter Vigil and Easter Sunday! I wasn't sure how I was going to do during Saturday's Mass, but everything went find. The only thing I found kinda annoying was that while I was standing, the pew in front of me would brush my tummy. Otherwise, it was great being there singing with my choir again!

I'm feeling pretty good, tho I think I might've had a touch of some bug going around on Monday and Tuesday. I didn't want to get out of my PJs for nothin'! LOL A little queasy, not much of an appetite, but that all resolved itself yesterday. I'm hardly having any pains at all now, though I still get a little uncomfortable when I lie down on my side - still need my pillows. I have a slight full feeling in my abdomen - a little reminder that I'm still not 100% yet.

The only other thing I seem to be dealing with is with my diabetes medication. My blood sugar levels seem to go low quite often now after the surgery. I saw my PCP last week, and he has adjusted the medication, which improved the situation somewhat, but I'm still monitoring it closely for fear that I'll plunge again when I least expect it.

I won't be able to see my ob/gyn until next week for my last post-op appointment, thus I won't get clearance to go back to work until 7 weeks post-op. This is good....I can use the extra week staying home. I notified my work of my new start date... no problems.

I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing great! There's so many of you out in the east.....you're lucky to see the Space Shuttle! Occasionally, the shuttle lands out here in Cali, but I'm too far south to see it.

Prayers and blessings to all of you!
Unread 03-27-2008, 01:42 PM

Hi ladies - I'm afraid I'm taking a step back after working Mon, Tues & a couple hours last night. While I was at work last night I started getting sharp pains as well as general pain on my left side. I came home, took percocet and went to sleep. Today I am really hurting on the left side but can sometimes get into a position that brings relief for a few minutes. It kind of feels like you do when you run too soon after eating or drinking. I'm really frustrated because I feel like it's time for me to be taking care of things at home and at work. But I think my body is telling me to slow down. I have energy to do things but the pain gets worse when I'm up and about. Sorry to be so "whiny"! I know it could be much worse.
Unread 03-27-2008, 01:52 PM

mel, i am so sorry that you are feeling so bad. don't worry about whinning to us-that is what we are here for. please take it easy and try to rest. if the pain continues or gets worse , i would consider calling the doctor's office just to make sure this is all par for the course. its not too late for us to do some damage so we need to be careful still.

i drove twice today and went to the mall to bring all the kids to play put-put. it only took us 1/2 hour and there was no straining of the stomach area at all. but i am having little twinges of pain on the right. i dont know if that is from driving or just general moving around a lot more than normal. i am tired though and wish i could take a nap but i told the kids that after lunch i would take them to get ice cream and to the park. so, i still have a lot more day left here. my dh is off tomorrow and i still have not accomplished anything that i had set out to do this week at home but with all this going on with my sister and me having her kids-that all has to be put on hold. it will come around and i need to not stress about it.
ladies, i hope all of you are doing well.
blessings
Unread 03-27-2008, 01:56 PM

Hi sisters,
I'm actually sitting at my desk at work! Came in today for a special meeting and so far so good. My boss has allowed me the option of driving to work if I feel like coming in until I'm actually released by the dr. I cannot believe that at this time 5 weeks ago I was lying in recovery pushing the morphine button like crazy! Boy how time flies when you're having fun!

Mew, I'm sorry people are treating you (as well as some of the other sister's!) as if you are 100%. I am so blessed that I have not had that problem. My boss and everyone is trying to make me go home, but I thought I would stick around and give my daughter a ride home, so since I am being "forced" to just sit at my desk , I thought I'd email my sisters!

Praying that we all continue our journey of healing! Take care my sisters and sending peace and love to you all!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register