Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 66 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 03-28-2008, 01:09 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Hi everyone, I reached my 4 week anniversary yesterday. Went in for my 2nd post-op visit today. I'm still experiencing pain and it usually starts cranking up in the afternoon. My activity level is very light duty. My surgeon read me the riot act, "Do not pickup anything heavier than a light handbag or your cell phone for 8 weeks."

Just a reminder for us all to be careful and take it easy. We don't want a hernia springing up in our incision site. I think the key word is: PATIENCE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2008, 01:12 PM

Wow Cynthia, Liilaa and all you are so inspiring with all you are doing! And Jett, so glad to hear you found something to help you--I've never had Native American remedies, but I don't doubt they work or they wouldn't still be using them (like the Chinese herbs).

I had my last post-op visit this morning and Doc is happy with my progress! She cleared me for normal activities--except stomach exercises
are no until 3 months post-op. Unfortunately I gained back the 4 lbs I'd lost.
She asked me when I wanted to return to work and since I still can't sit comfortably for very long without laying down afterward (although it is getting longer and less laying down) and seeing how some recent stress has affected me (neighbor's house across the street was broken into while I was home during the day and I had no idea) I said half days Wed 4/9 and fulltime Wed 4/16--that way I'm only doing a half week and building up so I can't have too much responsibility dumped on me at once. She was fine with that so I'm so relieved! Like a weight has been lifted!

I plan on making meditation part of my routine and "put off" being a procrastinator--how's that for fighting fire with fire!
Kim
Unread 03-28-2008, 02:54 PM

Liilaa,
I see you're on. I sent you a private e-mail. Did you get it? Should I post here if you didn't get it.
Jett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2008, 09:06 PM

Hi Jett... I did get your email! Thank you! I'm visiting with my folks tonight in Southern Jersey and will touch base with you tomorrow at some point...
Rest well! LeeAnn
Unread 03-28-2008, 09:12 PM

well, my sister came to pick up her kids this evening. i am worn out! they really weren't much trouble but i am not used to having a house full of kids that can't get along. they are just loud.......so it was just a bit much at some moments. i just felted stressed. but they are all on their way home. my sister looked great tonight. yesterday her husband told her that she doesn't take care of herself so she went out and bought new clothes and tonight they were going out to dinner and she was dressed really cute with makeup. she has lost some weight and she finally is wearing clothes that show it. she kept wearing her old clothes......so i am happy for her. she seems to be doing better and hopefully they will continue to talk and work on things.
anyway, i'm having some aches and pains and hope its just from the long week but the pain on my lower right side is still quite bothersome. i plan on resting tomorrow.
hope everyone is doing great. keep us updated on how you are all doing.
blessings
marta
Unread 03-28-2008, 09:25 PM

Hello to all of you! Took me a while to read all the postings and see how everyone has been doing. My heart and prayers go out to all of you in the many different stages we're finding ourselves in. I have to say this group of women has such a strong sense of courage, motivation and such an upbeat attitude, even in stressful situations! You're all such an inspiration to me every time I log in here and see how you're doing.
Things here have been hectic. My DS was here for spring break and just flew back to West Point a few days ago. Now he is depressed and down, which is normal for the first year cadets up there! LOL It was a rollercoaster having him home, running in and out all hours of the night, and to be honest I'm glad that is done now.
Had my follow up with the surgeon yesterday and everything was progressing wonderfully. No relations with hubby until 8 weeks (funny how all the docs give different times for that), able to resume regular activities (went out and planted all sorts of pretty purple flowers in the flower bed and it was a mood booster!), strongly encouraged me to take the full 8 weeks off from work for my best interests but will clear me if ready any sooner. Think I will wait at least one more week and then see how I'm feeling before ready to jump back in. Some of you may be able to relate - I have an extremely STRESSFUL job and it's like being air traffic control. Once I am back there it will be like an attack by a swarm of bees. LOL! I just want to make sure I'm feeling good about my physical and mental stamina (still a bit foggy-brained at times) before tackling that again. I appreciate you relaying how you're doing with your efforts to return to work. It helps to have a gauge when making some of these decisions.
Though I don't post often, please know that I think of you all and smile or pray when I read of your daily accomplishments or tribulations. What a blessing that I found this site and got to come in contact with such an upbeat and amazing group of women! Can't tell you how much you all have blessed me! You're all a wonderful support system for each other and that's a rarity in this world.
Have a wonderful weekend, all...
Unread 03-29-2008, 02:47 AM

Hey gals, Update, I just got out of ER, it is 4am here and I thought I would let you know. I had some pink blood in my undies and when I wiped, so I went in. I had a puckered up spot that was slow healing (found this when doing a pelvic. I am on the same set of instructions we get when we leave from the surgery, what a set back. However, I call my doc on Monday per those instructions, and hopefully that will make things better.
(My doctor does not work Fridays, so I knew at evening there was no hope of finding him or reaching him so ER was only option......) well...i am exhausted and hurting so I must go lay down......
I was doing SOOOO well today and getting LOTS done.....DANG IT!
Unread 03-29-2008, 04:06 AM

peace, i am so sorry to hear about this. take it easy and rest and hopefully all will resolve quickly. this is a big reminder to us that we may not be as healed as we think. my prayers are with you.get some rest and keep us posted.

i think i have been overdoing it driving. my dh told me last night that if i would stop doing so much they wouldn't forget that i am not 100%. he told me i am driving and doing everything like normal so its easy for them to just assume i am fine now compared to how easy it was for them to pamper me when i just stayed in my recliner. i am feeling the affects of doing too much..i've been having some increased pain.....last night it was hard to get to sleep and then my dd calls me from her cell phone because i didn't hear her knock on the door at 3:46am. one of her friends needed a place to sleep because they didn't have a house key and the parents aren't very nice about things like this, so i told her of course they could sleep over-kid was suppose to be sleeping at someone's house but whoever it was neglected to tell the parents who then said no.....they are all 17 and 18 years old. anyway, i wasn't about to let him just sleep in our driveway. nice kid that i trust and my daughter is just a friend to him. he is a cancer survivor that i have come to trust. he is like another big brother to my dd. so he is in my living room right now. of course, now i am wide awake and hurting....it feels like stomach cramps but i don't have to use the bathroom and its mostly on my right side. hope all is well with that. sometimes they become sharp pains. oh well.........i guess rest is what i need to do!
hope everyone has a great saturday
Unread 03-29-2008, 05:59 AM
recovery update

Dear Sisters,

I hate to brag, but, I feel great!!!

It is such a blessing not to bleed, have not other than a teeny smudge one time since the surgery. I ceremoniously distributed my remaining tampons to a few girls at the office.

My six week post op is Tuesday. I hope I get the all clear so I can resume normal activities, especially the exercising!

I returned to work after three weeks. It was a little rough the first couple weeks. I was able to leave an hour or so early each day and go home to take a nap. The last couple days have been much better and didn't feel the need to nap after work. Good luck to all of you who will be returning to work soon.

Blessings to all of you for continued recovery!!!
Unread 03-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Courage and Hope.

Hello everyone, I have not posted for about 8 days, but I have read everything. I was totally touched to my soul with the recent posts----Mew---Jett---Kim---Cynthia.
The threads were full of hope,despair,faith and real life.
I could identify with Dysfunctional childhood where I lived in constant fear and anxiety. I could identify with broken marriages---my first marriage----I recreated the same situation that I came from.!!!!!!!!!!I had three children and they are all damaged in one way or another. I went to intensive therapy 28 years ago and turned my life around to the best of my ability---in that time, I have been responsabile and dependable---but it appears it is still not enough for them. They blow hot and cold and when that happens, it pushes my guilt and I feel like a failed mother. I do understand all this better now and I have struggled to take care of myself emotionally. This has been a most painful area of my life, and I am praying every day for my God to take my fractured family into his loving care and to give me the grace and wisdom to try and mind my own business and keep my side of the street clean. I hope this helps you to understand why I have been not writing---I have been remembering!!!!!!
The family have stepped back from me since my husband died last June, I do understand that grief affects everyone differently. Regarding my grief and my surgery, I am seeing that in an upside down way, God has put me in the position where I have had to deal with all this by myself----without family---and I am trying to see that as positive, because the reality is that I am alone. I did want to respond to every thread, my spirit was willing---but the body was not.
On my progress, we are all coming up to 6 weeks or so!!!!!!!! I get really worried at the amount of sisters that have to go back to work. I want to say---no no it is to soon.
I envy the sisters who have husbands and children. Being on my own, I have nothing to distract me so I get stir crazy and think to much.
I have to say that the begining of this week gone, has seen a change for me. I actually began to feel like my old self. The pattern seems to be that I have one good day and then I need to sleep the next day. I am okay with that as it is a big improvement on the previous 5 weeks.
I have enjoyed all the beautiful threads of the spring break and easter. I have been very grateful for all the prayers we have shared. I find the faith on this site very powerful. For the past 28 years, I have tried to follow a set of spiritual principles in my life. I know that I fall down many times, but I always get up again. My way of life tells me that I only need spiritual progress---not spiritual perfection and I can say with my hand on my heart, that I make an honest and sincere effort on a daily basis.
I am a bit worried now that you are all returning to some sort of normality that we will all lose touch. Does anyone know what happens to our thread?
If it is okay with some of you guys, I would like to use your email. I accept anyone not wanting that is okay with me.
Our clocks go to summertime tonight so we will start having more daylight again---we also are having awful weather---really col/windy/lots of rain.
I am hoping as the weather improves, that I will become a bit more motivated.
I know this has been a very long thread, but I got started and the fingers just kept tapping.

I wish we could have an annual reunion or something. This thread has helped me to make myself vunerable and open up my heart to you all.

I think of all of you every day and ask my God to give you what you need.

I would have liked to have put icons on my thread---but I am not that clever!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of long armed huges to each and every one. You have all become part of my journey.

Sheila

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register