Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 02-26-2008, 10:35 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

lol bella,
i will have to do that but usually i am holding my belly!!! lol. i will try to raise my hands when i do. i think i can walk fine but i am afraid to do too much too fast. everyone thinks i can't be trusted to take my recovery slow-i am usually the "over-doer", the "i'm fine, lets move along" and everyone is afraid i will end up hurting my recovery. i have promised everyone to take it slow and i am trying but the fighter inside of me just wants to say "i'm good, what's next on the agenda". but i also don't want to hurt myself by doing too much too fast or having any i told you so's!

i gotta say, i do thank God that so far i haven't had an issue with hormones (or lack thereof) no mood swings, depression or anything.....only thing i do is wake up sweating during the night!

thanks for the laugh!!! always looking for something to keep the spirits high
blessings
marta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2008, 10:51 AM
So relieved to be on this side :)

Hello sisters,

WE MADE IT

happy to report my TAH went well, and I have made it to this side
Waiting was definitely harder for me then going for surgery on 2/18.
My surgery went well, Dr removed everything as we had planned so now I am on HRT. A new subject to research on this site.
I stayed in hospital for 4 days as my body was unresponsive to the after surgery morphine, so they gave me something 10x stronger via IV...talk about a blur
My first 2 days were the most difficult. Third day I was allowed food...everything tasted so good...funny how that works....hospital food tasting so good. I hadn't eaten in 4 days, so I suppose the body was willing to eat whatever it could get
I must say, walking the halls was not my favorite thing, as I could barely walk, but nurses were there to remind me I MUST WALK...each walk became a personal victory.
The getting out of bed was hard too. The gas was exactly what the sisters had posted to me on the pre op boards...whew...that was truly a lesson in the human body for me
Walking was SO HELPFUL for me in that department.
Being home is so wonderful. Each day I feel a bit better then the last. What a week it has been for all of us !
Getting out of the bed in the morning seems to be the most painful or uncomfortable time for me these days. I am taking the pain meds given to me. Being in pain is not my thing and the nurses told me it is better to be comfortable during healing/recovery time
I am reconnecting with all of my friends & family today online for the first time post op. Posting on here was first for me, as I wanted to check in on all of my sisters, whom I kept in my heart during this past week. I hope you are all feeling better with each day that passes. I look forward to reading each of your posts
Take it easy and rest
WE MADE IT SISTERS
Unread 02-26-2008, 11:46 AM
For Cynthia - "Dans_Wife"

Hi there...I had written a couple of posts to you before your surgery & was thinking about you the day you had it! I just now got online and looked for your post-op reports to see how you were doing. Glad to hear you are doing so well and even taking walks. I am pretty impressed as I know how painful abdominal surgery can be. I had my first surgery 7 years ago...it was abdominal. My ob/gyn had removed severe endo & my left ovary. Seven years ago, I don't think there was too much known about laparoscopic gynecological surgery.

I had a total laparoscopic hysterectomy (including removal of a large ovarian mass & severe endo again) on Feb. 14th. What a world of difference between laparoscopic surgery & being cut open!

Anyhoo...I am surprised that your dr. didn't prescribe any pain meds for you to take at home, esp. with having an abdominal hysterectomy. You must have a high pain tolerance!

Blessings,
Melanie ("Mimi")
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2008, 12:09 PM

Had my TAH last Wednesday morning, removed uterus full of "multiple multiple fibroids" (Dr.s words), largest 4 cm, but no cancer. Endometriosis on left ovary and cysts growing it to my back causing the constant extreme back pain I've had. All this caused pressure on my bladder, but no cancer found. My godmother (distant relative too) had TAH last October and found stage 4 uterine cancer, rare and aggressive form, so there was some anxiety with my surgery-gone now.

Due to a heart attack (age 46) last April and mild high blood pressure the doctors thought it better I keep my ovaries (I agree) so the cyst was scraped off my left ovary and the right one is fine. Cervix gone.

Feeling pretty good but constant numbing pain around incision area and soreness inside like I was beat up, but they say it's because of all the work they had to do. BM and fluids are good, no more bleeding from inside as of day 3 so I feel my body getting better.

Just impatient since I was healthy as a horse until the heart attack last spring and last year my body just started falling apart. So looking forward to no more periods--always excruciating pain, even passed out from it all my life. Will be glad to go back to a normal work life April 1, I think the tress of my job and the heart attack history is why my doctor signed me out for a full 6 weeks.

Funny thing is my blood pressure is lower! They had to take me off 1 of my 2 pills because my pressure had gotten so low. I even forgot a day with the one pill and my BP was 117/84 without it, so maybe th constant pain contributed to my blood pressure problems? We'll see.

Love reading other updates, thank you all, it gives me a god idea on what to expect as this hospital and surgery thing is so new to me.
Kim
(shep337 - my Shephard/Lab mix is named Princess!)
Unread 02-26-2008, 12:31 PM

Hi ladies,
I had my LAVH on 2/22/08 and very surprised at how sore I am. I am walking and hubby went back to work today and I seem to be getting more rest without him home. I kept my ovaries and surprised at the fact I am having crying spells here and there. Hubby is picking up some stool softners this evening for me, I had a high blood pressure scare the morning of surgery, but my bp was great while in the hospital, I told the doc it comes with being a step-mother and he told me we are going to talk more about managing the stress in 2 weeks. Thanks ladies, I know in a few weeks and even in a few months the surgey will be well appreciated and worth it..
Unread 02-26-2008, 01:49 PM

one week to the day!!! staples are out. I have been busy the last few days. Supervising friends that are helping clear out my mom's apartment. It's been a tough week for me. It's been hard to cough or cry, getting out of bed it another trip. My mom had the seat that goes over the toilet, that has handles boy has that helped alot!! I even am using her picker! I hate feeling like an old lady.
i like the rocky theme song it will go well with what I do. I motion my arms as if I am running! lol Every day gets better, I still can't believe my mom died 2 days before my operation. I called her every night, now I can't.
Linda
Unread 02-26-2008, 02:01 PM

Hey bellaluna241, I had a TVH.. kept ovaries got rid of uterus and cervix. I'm managing on just tylenol, because honestly this pain is less than I've been living with for years!! I had my period going into surgery and was in extreme pain and heavy bleeding. Came out of hospital with mediocre pain and no bleeding! I'm very lucky!!!! Mew68, you need to warrn me that you're crackin a funny! Now my tummy hurts! But I'm pretty sure every sister here will be doing "rocky" as they do their laps through the house! Take care all... and keep posting!
Unread 02-26-2008, 02:12 PM
8 days and going strong!

Had a DaVinci hysterecomy on the 19th - they removed my uterus, but kept the cervix and ovaries. The pre-surgery stress was worse than anything else!

My surgery was scheduled for 7:30 am, had to be at the hospital at 6 am, and by 7:15 my nerves gave way and tears started falling! The doctor's and nurses were great - gave me the anesthetic so I don't remember being wheeled into OR!

I have 5 small incisions in my stomach, along with stitches in my perineum - which hurt worse than anything. My uterus was 3 times larger than normal, and when they pulled it out through the vagina, it tore so - alas the stitches!

Stayed in the hospital overnight, was discharged the next morning, and home by 11 am. What a way to go! I was off the pain meds the 4th day, and have been taking ibuprofen because of the swollen belly and stitches.

I feel great and am trying not to push things too fast!

Good luck to the rest of you - hang in there!
Unread 02-26-2008, 02:32 PM

I know a few of us that that tingly feeling in her legs, but I'm so glad I'm not the only one with the tingly feeling in her arms - it was a real relief to read that !
I went down to Tylenol today. The pain isn't that bad today but the real reason I switched is the constipation; I had the one BM and then nutin' honey. I did need one of my regular pain pills to sleep last night and I'll probably do the same again tomorrow. All I did today was check in here twice, lay down and watch television and lay down and sleep. I have to admit - I enjoyed that ALOT --- too much actually LOL
Walking isn't that bad but if I cough again I'm going to cry - it happened twice again today but I had more time to grab my big fat firm pillow and shove it in my belly first. Speaking of bellies - my still amazes me - I'm HUGH !

Marta - what a beautiful prayer. I read it aloud for all of us. Thank you for your beautiful thoughts.

Well, I've been awake about an hour - :timeup:
Unread 02-26-2008, 02:46 PM

hey joann
glad to hear that you are on tylenol. i didn't do too much with pain meds yesterday and had a rough night last night. today i took them and was ready for my second pill before my 6 hours were up.
glad you are enjoying the naps. i haven't had a nap yet again today!!!
i keep taking stool softeners and things seem to be better. i too laughed today at a dominos commercial (the one about the eyebrows) and it hurt to laugh.
i have a question. i do think my belly is bloated but i had a big belly before hand. i don't know if my swellly belly is the same or once this swelling goes down if i will actually have a smaller belly. since my uterus was 2x as large as normal, i am assuming some of my fat, wasn't actuallly fat. here is hoping!!!
talk to you all soon
marta

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register