Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 70 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 03-31-2008, 07:21 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

thank you all for your encouragement. today is my birthday and i will NOT get all moody. I am 56 years young, and although i am recovering from major surgery, the ovarian cyst was benign and i WILL be well again. i live alone and am very, very independant. it was so hard to ask people to help me. it still is. funny how all those well meaning friends and family who said...call if you need something...really didn't mean it. or maybe they just didn't expect me to ask for help, since i never do. So tomorrow is my 6 week mark. I want to wake up feeling marvelous like Molly feels. I will take it slower in the gym and i will work on ab crunches and pelvic lifts at home.

Ladies, thank you for being here. I'm so glad i accidentally found this website. I was googling "revovery from abdominal surgery" because i didn't understand why i was still hurting and couldn't find anything on the medical sites that explained recovery from TAH. My doc gave me the go ahead at 4 weeks to return to normal. He said my body strength (due to working out and kayaking) made it possible for me to have a quicker recovery. But i wasn't feeling like i was recovering at the proper rate. I was discouraged. Now i feel better about all this. Phew! Its all normal. Thank you!

Time for work.
Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2008, 07:30 AM

Hi sisters,
I can't believe that this will be our 6 week post op milestone. I am doing better than most expected but not quite as well as I thought I would be. I had my first full day at church yesterday, I taught Sunday school and went to the full service after. I came home and cooked a Sunday dinner (my first!) and then I flopped on the couch and could not move for the remainder of the night! I awoke achy and with a headache, none of which I feel are part of my recovery. My mom had a TAH years ago and she insists that "us young people (I'm 51!) try to do too much too soon" and that it takes a long time to heal from this. She thinks that even going for a walk is too much! But after yesterday, I did make a major decision. The organization that I work for has a major event for all members every year and this year its being held in Peoria which is about a 3 hr drive from Chicago. I usually go down the night before and help set up first thing in the morning. We stay for the meeting, usually from 9-3, clean up, then drive home which means I could hopefully be home at around 6pm on Saturday. Its been discussed even before my surgery if I would be able to attend. I really thought I could, but now I know that it may be too much for me right now. My fiancee and family have always thought it might be too much, but were willing to let me make the decision. I realize that this like most things that are happening in our lives is one of those where the heart is willing, but the body ain't! I am due to be released for work on 4/7 and want to be ready to go back, so I'm willing to let this go in favor of my healing.

On a good note, it was so great to see my Sunday school kids yesterday. I went back on Easter but most of them were involved in the program and I did not speak with them. Yesterday they were lining up to hug me and telling me how much they missed me, they said the lessons had been sort of boring! We have three teachers in our class and I am the only female and so I think I pamper them a little more. Anyway, after the lesson they asked me about my surgery and I was telling them about how it was in the hospital and when I got home. They were laughing when I told them about me taking my lip gloss and matching gown and robe (I am somewhat of a diva!) so they knew I was not joking! I was so touched that when one of the students (who we used to think was a "problem" child) said the closing prayer and thanked God for bringing me back safely and in good health. All in all it was a good day, just a reminder that we are not as healed as we may think and I think that we really need to be even more careful because we have made it to the "6 week" mark and should be ok, but that may not be the case. I remember when I had my c-sections, and the doctor told me it takes at least a year for all of the internal stiches to completely heal and I know that must be true for me now as well. So, I'm going to go in today for a few hours and this will be my first time on the bus so pray for me and then take it easy this last week. I told my fiancee last night that since we would not be going to Peoria on Friday, and DD and DS will be at an event at church, he could take me out to dinner and we could watch a video. We are going to try to move up a visit with a caterer for our wedding to this Saturday afternoon and that will be that!

Kim, thanks for the pics of your pets, how wonderful and so clever of you to be able to upload them!

Mew, I'm glad your sister is coming along and you all are still in my prayers!

Welcome to all the new members!

Cynthia, I've read so many books since I've been home that I cannot list them all. But I discovered James Patterson and have purchased some and taken out as many as they had at the local library. I'm LOVING him!!!! I'm also a true crime fan and have been reading a lot of what DD calls my pyscho "murder" books. Now I'm reading a christian book about a woman whose husband of 17 years leaves her for a man! YIKES!!!

Anyway, gotta go. Love you sisters. Take care of yourselves and remember...the best is yet to come!
Unread 03-31-2008, 07:34 AM

Welcome Mary and Happy Birthday! This is a great site and a wonderful group of women! Take care and enjoy your day, don't forget 50 is the new 30 (at least according to me!)!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2008, 08:35 AM

happy birthday Mary!

My mom's name is Mary and She's an Aries too!
Wild and crazy but as sweet and thoughtful as anyone can ever be--those Aries are great to be around! Although mom's a little more Krazzee since her birthday is the same as David Letterman (April 12) !

Some burning this morning, weird, and swollen and just washed out, so another day of rest with some walking to try to get some stamina built up. Not sleeping too great either, need more veggies I think. ...and rest, was tired yesterday but pushed through it thinking it was temporary--guess I should have rested or napped? will take it easy today and see what happens tomorrow!

You guys are an inspiration to me!
Kim
Unread 03-31-2008, 09:32 AM

Good morning girls!

Still feeling a little achy and sore - very tired today because I didn't sleep real well last night. More night sweats!

Cynthia - How did work go today? I give you "props" because based on the way I feel I couldn't do that yet. I have slowly added in some light housecleaning duties and laundry but that's about it.

Going to try and walk again today. Last week I walked about 2 1/2 miles. Of course then I started feeling pain so I haven't been out again since. I sang in our Praise team yesterday at Church - I was actually the Praise Leader because our regular was out on vacation. It was tough because I don't have all my breath because my abs are weak.

I have to tell you all a hilarious story though - I am standing at the mic and saying a few things about the song we are about to sing. (Trading my Sorrows) I love this particular song because it talks about trading your sickness and pain and giving it away to the Lord. Here I go.... " ....So lets all stand up and lift our voices to the Lord as we sing - TRADING MY SPACES!!! I turned to start the drummer and the entire band and congregation was laughing. I didn't have a clue what was wrong until my friend next to me told me what I had said! I waved it off by telling them I was still having affects from the anesthia! I was laughing so hard that I missed the first three words to the song!

We laughed about that all day! My team leader even called me ( of course he heard about it right after service!) and wanted to know if we needed to start paying royalties to TLC network. I really don't think I will ever live that down...

So there is your funny story of the day!
Best of days to you all,
Amy
Unread 03-31-2008, 09:41 AM

happy birthday Mary!!! I hope you have a wonderful day of peace and comfort.

poet-i'm with you! i really feel that 6 weeks doesn't mean we are HEALED. i had it in my mind that i would be completely done healing (that was 6 weeks ago thinking of course). my shopping experience on saturday really took a toll on me and i am still trying to recover. i did the morning and evening church services and then was up until about midnight. i am so tired.
well, i decided not to pick up anything of any substantial weight again until after i see the doctor. i am a bit nervous that i may have done something to my insides. i had a lot of scar tissue they found during this surgery so really am trying to avoid developing more.
blessings to all
Unread 03-31-2008, 10:48 AM

Good morning everyone and happy birthday Mary!!

I woke up this morning feeling not bad and then 1/2 later this discomfort started - it's so reassuring that we seem to be at the same place.

I took my three year old to a new church for the first time on Saturday night. I was going to my mom's united church but the congregation is very old and we were not enjoying it much!! This was a christian church, the music was great and pastor was very good. There were so many young families there so now I am excited that we have somewhere to go. It's been really important to me to give her that faith to have when she's older.

I have talked to so many people that say they were not healed at six weeks - especially us with the TAH and to expect some discomfort for quite some time. Who knows but normal is but I wish each one of us better and better days!
Monica
Unread 03-31-2008, 10:55 AM
Amy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amccomb
Good morning girls!

Still feeling a little achy and sore - very tired today because I didn't sleep real well last night. More night sweats!

Cynthia - How did work go today? I give you "props" because based on the way I feel I couldn't do that yet. I have slowly added in some light housecleaning duties and laundry but that's about it.

Going to try and walk again today. Last week I walked about 2 1/2 miles. Of course then I started feeling pain so I haven't been out again since. I sang in our Praise team yesterday at Church - I was actually the Praise Leader because our regular was out on vacation. It was tough because I don't have all my breath because my abs are weak.

I have to tell you all a hilarious story though - I am standing at the mic and saying a few things about the song we are about to sing. (Trading my Sorrows) I love this particular song because it talks about trading your sickness and pain and giving it away to the Lord. Here I go.... " ....So lets all stand up and lift our voices to the Lord as we sing - TRADING MY SPACES!!! I turned to start the drummer and the entire band and congregation was laughing. I didn't have a clue what was wrong until my friend next to me told me what I had said! I waved it off by telling them I was still having affects from the anesthia! I was laughing so hard that I missed the first three words to the song!

We laughed about that all day! My team leader even called me ( of course he heard about it right after service!) and wanted to know if we needed to start paying royalties to TLC network. I really don't think I will ever live that down...

So there is your funny story of the day!
Best of days to you all,
Amy
That is just hilarious!

I did go to work this morning, and although it went alright I found the need to change positions, get up & walk around often a little troublesome. Around 11:45 with still 45 minutes left to work my right leg started to drive me CRAZY..so I rested it on top of a box under my desk which was alright but I am glad I don't have to work this afternoon.

I started my morning out with the car locks FROZEN..arg..so I had to come in & get some hot water to pour onto the key hole..what a pain..and I neglected to give my hubby a good bye kiss

I'm heading to the gym this afternoon and then will pick up ds after school because he is participating in the new rock climbing wall...

Take care ladies!!!
Unread 03-31-2008, 01:05 PM

hi everyone, I cant believe where the time post op has gone! I am 6 weeks on Thursday and to celebrate I'm off on my Florida trip on Friday! Yehhhh! not looking forward to long flight from UK especially as the Doc has said I must wear stockings as still at risk of DVT. Has anyone else been told to wear them on long haul??
I am feeling pretty normal though not exercising yet, will start swimming in Sunny Florida!!
wishing you all better too
Unread 03-31-2008, 01:22 PM

curly hope you have a wonderful trip to florida. remember to rest!!!
i will be 6 weeks on wednesday!! just got back from park...i walked 1/2 a mile pushing a stroller with the little girl i babysit. i am worn out just from that, i don't get it...but anyway, i am planning on resting the rest of the day.
cynthia- glad you are working half days right now. take it easy when you can.
blessings to all for a wonderful day

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register