Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 78 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 04-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Hi everyone!

Sheila - You are right. Our children grow up so fast. My DD is 3 and I don't know where the time has gone. I also had car problems today. After leaving my house, my tire came off!! You are a very wonderful person to be an addictions consellor - my brother had alcoholism and it's people like yourself that really make everything work out fine - it takes a very special person such as yourself.

Mew68 - With so much time to think, I have definitely been tuning into my "spiritual" side and am glad that I have. It's been on my mind a long time and I really want to share it with DD to learn what faith is. God knows what she'll do with it but I feel it's my responsiblity to give her this.

Mel - I so agree that our recovery changes day to day.

Jett - Have a great time in Vegas - I love that place. I have been going every year for the last five years. I just can't get enough!! Relax - you deserve it and I'm glad the treatments are going well for you!

Cynthia - thanks for your encouragement!! By the way, how much snow do you still have? Being from Alberta, we would always watch the weather channel and could not believe it!! You live in such a beautiful place.

I'm feeling not too bad. Last Friday and Saturday felt pretty good - Sunday and Monday not so great. Walked the dog yesterday and slipped on ice - didn't fall but had to catch myself and today I feel really sore (maybe because of yesterday). I certainly have a ways to go to be 100%. My biggest complaint is that I seem to have a lot of discomfort still where my uterus was and my belly is still quite tender. I think my big misconception is that I thought by six weeks I would feel no pain - no discomfort - nothing!! and here I am today. My energy level is fine and I am pretty much doing most things (except lifting my three year old). I just assumed that when everyone said they were feeling better - they felt nothing - no pain or discomfort and were totally back to their lives!!

Thank you all for sharing and for being there.

Hugs to all,

Monica
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2008, 08:00 PM

monica-thank you for sharing what you did. i am glad to see God working in your life. you are right, your dd will have to make whatever choice she makes but it is our job and joy to share God with everyone we can. planting seeds......and what a harvest there will be one day!!! anyway, i am sorry that you are feeling so bad. i'm with you, i too thought at one time that six weeks i would be pain free. silly thinking!! i keep hoping for the days to come when i won't have this feeling.
blessings to all
Unread 04-04-2008, 12:02 AM

Had my 6 week check today (at almost 7 weeks) All extremely good. I asked all the questions I should have asked before surgery and got all the answers I was looking for. I am very happy for having made this decision

Have a great weekend all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2008, 07:26 AM

Molly glad to hear that all went well with your checkup.
have a blessed day!
Unread 04-04-2008, 07:29 AM

I haven't been online in a couple of days. Wednesday we had company and yesterday was my first day back at work. I almost feel guilty for posting this but I worked a full day and felt fantastic. Everyone missed me (or at least said they did LOL). Everyone cautioned me to take it easy and told me not to feel bad if I needed to sneak off for a nap during the day (I didn't need one - surprised myself !). I felt really loved. I spent a good portion of the day laughing. The only time my belly hurt was when I had to reach over my desk to plug something into my PC and the edge of the desk went right into my incision

On the downside, I've started a diet. I gained about 10 lbs in the 6 weeks. My dog gained a pound too (she's 14 lbs now, should be 13) so SHE"S on a diet also ! I guess sitting around on our rear-ends wasn't the best thing in the world . We adopted her last year and the 6 weeks together 24/7 really strengthened our already strong bond -- I can even tell the difference in her motivation for behaving. Instead of doing it for a treat she does it simply to please me -- its really amazing.

I'm so sorry that some of us aren't feeling that great BUT don't rush things PLEASE. If you need more time, take it. If you hurt doing something, don't do it ! The "return to reality" will be there waiting for you - life isn't going to pass you by - life has just taken a different form for awhile, no big deal. This isn't a competition on who can walk further, who can lift more weight, who can vacuum more floors, who can return to work sooner blah blah blah blah -- this is recovery from a major surgery. I know you may be thinking "easy for her to say", and maybe it is, but what I trully want is for each of us to recover fully. I don't want anyone to suffer, and a rushed recovery will only cause needless suffering later on. I know we each have responsibilities but we have to remember that our first responsibility is to OURSELVES. It took a major illness (4 years ago) to get my head into this place. Where I used to worry about how much MORE I could do, now I'm thankful for whatever I have DONE, even if its just a small thing. And I've come to realize that those small things add up and that they are often the most appreciated. So please, take care of yourselves and take time to smell the roses.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.
Unread 04-04-2008, 07:38 AM

Joann
thanks for the wonderful words. I needed to hear them! I lifted the baby up a few minutes ago onto the recliner with me and I am reminded that she weighs 19+ lbs and I shouldn't be lifting her until the dr says i could. i do feel a bit better than yesterday so far-i had to take ibuprofen twice yesterday because i wasn't feeling right. last night was pretty bad-i couldn't even lay on my right side to sleep..but i feel a bit better today. we will see what the day holds. i will get my niece and nephew this afternoon. they are keeping one of the kids to avoid fights with the two older ones, so i hope that it will be better than last weekend. anyways, i hope all is going well for everyone else today.
blessings
Unread 04-04-2008, 08:11 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Hi everyone!

Like JoAnn, I also had my 6-week post-op appointment with my DR yesterday. Things overall look good and have been released to go back to work on Monday and assume almost all normal activities. My vaginal cuff isn't totally healed yet, so I have to wait another 4 weeks before my DH and I can engage in the "marital embrace." My DH didn't believe me at first, but thank goodness he is a very patient and loving man. I hate having to make him wait!

Looking back, I kinda can't believe that we were all just getting out of the operating room 6 weeks ago! I know for many of us, this will definitely mark a very special time for us. The strength many of you sisters have is amazing to me and what seems to fortify all of us is the way we've all seemed to work through the adversity, pain, and frustration through great faith and strength. This is a very special group of sisters, and I feel honored and blessed to be a part of such a wonderful group!

God Bless each and every one of you!
Unread 04-04-2008, 08:51 AM

hey tonk! i feel the same way about this group of women. such strength and faith! i believe God brought us all together for a reason. Glad to hear that you have been released for most activities-sorry on the "marital embrace".......the time will come and it will be great! that is what i am hoping for!
have a blessed day
Unread 04-04-2008, 10:19 AM

Hello Ladies,
I'm afraid my positive side is having a very difficult time appearing these last few days. I just finished day 7 of radiation and it's progressing as it should. I've been unfortunate in having a stomach virus that has knocked me down very seriously. Today, the nurse at the cancer center had me give urine for analysis and yesterday's blood drawn showed that I have a low white count. Can't figure it out, it's not the radiation (it's too soon for that). I've been drinking these power shake concoctions that have me add fish oils, vitamin B complex, calcium/magnesium and vitamin D. The last component is called botanical essentials and I think that it's gastly. The color is yellow due to all the tumeric. I've been advised to stay away from the shakes until I get over this diarreah. You'd run the other way if you saw me today, bags under my eyes, crazy hair (too exhausted to shower) and a washed out coloring in my face. I need to get better soon!
I called my mother in law and asked for help. I told her I can't care for my family and she's coming to cook for us tonight. She'll shop for me today and get me the foods I need to get stronger. I know she's happy to help but I wish I didn't have to ask. I just pulled myself up and told me the pity party is over! I really don't feel much worse than I did after surgery, but there sure are a lot less people around offering help these days. Like all of you are experiencing, people think at 6 weeks we're back to normal. Oh well, tomorrow will be better. Thanks for letting me vent. Therapy without a co-pay, now that's priceless.
Jett
Unread 04-04-2008, 10:41 AM

Oh Jett,
I'm so sorry to hear about how badly you are feeling. I wish I could come over to help, but we can offer you the comfort of knowing that we are praying for you and that we are here for you. I'm glad your MIL is coming over, let her help and don't feel bad. You are going through a rough time and need her. Please just rest and don't worry about anything but getting over this virus and finishing the radiation.

Love you and sending thoughts of healing, peace and love to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register