Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 79 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 04-04-2008, 10:14 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

jett, i am so sorry as well for what you are going through. please keep us posted when they figure out why your white blood cell count is off. i am very glad that you have a MIL that is willing to help. Take advantage of that without any guilt-not only have you taken care of her son but with her helping you she is just taking care of her family-her daughter and son and family-i'm sure she appreciates being needed as well. God will get you through this. i know that at 6 weeks people think we should be fine but you still have a few weeks ahead of you-radiation is not easy and you are not on the upside of all this yet like those that are 6 weeks and released to "normal" life. take care of yourself-rest, rest, rest....let me pray for you:

Father God, please be with my friend today, comfort her, heal her from this stomach thing she has going on, allow the doctors to find what is causing her white blood cell count to be off. Lord allow her to feel your presence in this time and to know that you will get her past all of this. Lord, I pray that you would allow her family and friends to provide all the support she needs. Allow her to rest in you and let others take the reigns of taking care of things!!! Lord, you are the great physician, please heal her!! thank you for these wonderful women who have become a big part of my life, thank you for allowing me to know that i can trust in you. I ask all this because i know that you love me and hear me. May your will be done. amen

take care, I am thinking of you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2008, 10:25 AM

hey all.
well, i am just so discouraged right now. i decided today that i was going to get past my blah feeling and tiredness and go out of the house. i put make up on and put clothes on and went grocery shopping. my daughter did all the lifting and pushing. i pushed the lighter basket (we had the baby with us in a different basket). anyway, i am hurting so bad right now, its crazy. i am 6 weeks out and feel that i cannot even get out and grocery shop. its not that i want to be wonderwoman again so fast, its just that i feel that i should be able to shop this far into the game. so yes, i am frustrated!!! i am so tired of hurting so much. last night i took three ibuprofen instead of pain pill because i felt that i shouldn't be taking anymore. ..but i can't believe that i probably needed one. i know that i need to listen to my own advise about comparing myself to others and that 6weeks doesn't mean that we are healed over night but i'm just really down right now. i am glad that my doctor's appt is on monday to find out if i am on track here or not.
well, i guess i am going to rest now. thanks for letting me complain.
love you all......don't worry i will be better soon, i know that God is still taking care of me through all of this.
Unread 04-04-2008, 10:41 AM

Jett, I feel so bad for you too..it's so much for you to handle now, I wish you well..my sister in law's young daughter is now fighting a brain tumor and will start treatment next week, she just had surgery..and all I want to do is help them out with cooking-since that is something I love to do and am good at...but I feel so helpless being far away and still recovering...

I have my 6 week apt next week too and just this week have felt more discomfort in stomach-could be I gained 6 # now....feel so fat..Do we have swelly belly if we had a TVH ??

JoAnn, loved hearing about your dog! we are haivng a difficult time with our new puppy-she seems impossible to housetrain! we can let her out 3 times and then she will come in and go on the floor inside..I have little treats by the door and praise her when she goes outside but we can't get it right...she is 4 months now...

I feel bad lifting her too and can only imagine how hard it would be to want to lift a baby MEW!! be careful!!

it must be so hard but hang in there...hopefully it will get easier for everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2008, 10:46 AM

JoAnnDe thanks for your post, I needed to read that. I've been feeling pretty good, but have moments of depression - think it's still grieving slipping in and hormones too I guess. That pain on my left side last week turned out to be the left ovary--which had all the cysts "scraped" off was ovulating, hopefully will be healed by next time and not hurt.

Jett, I'm sorry to hear you're down too right now. I talked to my godmother last night--she had her last chemo treatment and the bad feelings and nausea hadn't kicked in yet so she was in really good spirits, it was so good to hear her voice like her old self again (she's up in PA where I'm from). She's dealing with stage 4 uterine cancer that's aggressive--they found it hiding in her fibroids last November when she had her TAH. Her numbers have been good so we're all encouraged she can lay off chemo for awhile, even though she'll likely have chemo the rest of her life--just don't know how long that will be.
My swelly belly is still here, low in the morning but as soon as I sit for awhile, it's back and walking I end up supporting it with my hand, if it jiggles it hurts sometimes. So I've gone back to wearing that elastic band when I walk or go in the car. I'll probably wear it to work next week too. I'll see.
I'm so glad you guys are here, it's so much better knowing there are others who understand. See, I'm tearing up now, don't know why.

I guess I need to get my old Steve Martin CDs out! I should practice what I preach, eh Sheila?

Kim
Unread 04-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Update & notes to sisters

Hi Ladies,

I was going to leave my laptop at work for the week-end because I find I'm spending entirely too much time on the computer. However, here we are I met my dh and ds at the hospital where ds had a surgery under his tongue to remove a pea size nodule, the ENT doesn't know what it is and so its on the way for pathology also. This is the third time, and thank God this time he didn't have to go under anastesia.

I am meeting a girlfriend at Starbucks for my Caramel Apple Spice drink at 5 PM as ds said he didn't need me I feel GREAT..the worst day this week for me was Wednesday when I had that tugging feeling going on, but [/b]I FEEL GOOD...just as I knew I would[b] or however that song goes..My tummy gets a little swelly by the end of the day but I'm excited about returning to full time hours next week. I'm going to go to the mall at lunch times just to walk around. Normally I have a sandwich at my desk..so there you have it, and I'm going to try and make lunch plans with some girlfriends to catch up. One of my dear friends dh had a heart-attack and I want to spend some time with her.

Last night I did 15 minutes of bike, 30 minutes of biceps, triceps, and 30 minutes of elyptical and today I feel some soreness that I LOVE TO FEEL..I am such an addict for exercise. The weather is even trying to perk up althogh I still can't see any grass..I forget who asked me that, but we're due another 5 centimetres of snow tomorrow..ARGGGGG

And yesterday I spent an hour at Michael's craft store looking at all their pattern books & yarn and today with the newspaper came a 40 % of cupon for tomorrow only..can't beat that..

Take care ladies, all will progress as it should with the world..

Molly: CONGRATULATIONS!!! Great news!!!

JoAnneDe: Don’t feel bad about sharing your fantastic day. That’s what it is all about..up one day, down the next LOL..I hope all continues to go well and of COURSE they missed you!!! Besides, its not like they’ll tell you they didn’t..SMIRK

Tonks: CONGRATULATIONS to you too on your appointment..marital embrace..LOVE IT!!!

Jett: CONGRATULATIONS to you for calling your mother in law. I am very proud of you. I know how hard it would be to make that call but it will be worth it in the long run and I’m sure she’ll feel helpful while doing it. I think your doing amazingly well considering everything you’ve had to deal with. HUGS to you and your positive days will come. I am sure.

Mew: I understand how easy it is to get frustrated. Your mind and body are not cooperating. Hang in there, and it WILL get better.

Kim: I watched Oprah the other day with Dr. Oz and one lady in the audience asked about constant crying. Dr. Oz & Oprah said ‘just let it all out honey until there’s nothing left.’ HUGS to you too..
Unread 04-04-2008, 11:58 AM

Poet: My husband and I waited till marriage too. Here's some good books for the two of you to go through together during this time: Before You Say I Do, from the Christian book store, and The Most Important Year in a Man's Life/The Most Important Year in a Woman's Life. This second book's cover is black on one side and red on the other. It is written for women on one half, and for men on the other half, and meets in the middle! Don't remember the author, but it was an excellent book....my husband and I read it to each other aloud and discussed along the way! Both books really make you look at alot of issues that are important to a marriage!

Irish Blue Eyes: Elizabeth Gilbert authored Eat, Pray, Love. I haven't been to the bookstore to get it, but it's on my list. I used to live near you! I lived on Hayling Island for a while (late 80's to early 90's).

Well, Sisters, we're finishing-up our 6-week mark. I'm feeling much better this week...I think the additional activity has helped! I'm still thankful for the additional two weeks off, though! I pray you all have a blessed weekend! Lynn
Unread 04-04-2008, 12:00 PM

Prayers and to everyone! It sounds like many of us are needing them right now. I think it's really special that we can all share our ups and downs even though one person's down may be lower and one person's up may be higher than someone elses. Some posts inspire us and some posts remind us that things could be worse and give us an opportunity to minister to someone else. This is a great sisterhood.

I went to the dr today and found out that I am very anemic. There are two iron counts that are suppose to be around 120 and 150. Well both of mine were 8. So, I get to take lots of iron. I'm so glad there is a simple solution...or so it seems. The down side is that iron makes you more constipated. I'm already taking 3 stool softeners a day and resorting to laxatives at times. So the dr suggested totally flushing out my system tonight. Yippee...can you hear the sarcasm? He said I should've done that before my surgery. Too bad my gyno didn't tell me that. Anyway, I am relieved to know there is something I can do to feel better soon. I don't know how long it takes to feel the effects of the extra iron.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!
Unread 04-04-2008, 12:00 PM

Dan's wife,

has Oprah ever done a show on Menopase with Dr Oz? I always wonder that.
Unread 04-04-2008, 01:12 PM
Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebuddy
Dan's wife,

has Oprah ever done a show on Menopase with Dr Oz? I always wonder that.
I don't know if he has or not because I have only caught two shows while I've been home. I think Dr. Oz is on each Tuesday..

You may consider visiting the Oprah site under Dr. Oz to see..and perhaps wend a message..
Unread 04-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by melelee
Prayers and to everyone! It sounds like many of us are needing them right now. I think it's really special that we can all share our ups and downs even though one person's down may be lower and one person's up may be higher than someone elses. Some posts inspire us and some posts remind us that things could be worse and give us an opportunity to minister to someone else. This is a great sisterhood.

I went to the dr today and found out that I am very anemic. There are two iron counts that are suppose to be around 120 and 150. Well both of mine were 8. So, I get to take lots of iron. I'm so glad there is a simple solution...or so it seems. The down side is that iron makes you more constipated. I'm already taking 3 stool softeners a day and resorting to laxatives at times. So the dr suggested totally flushing out my system tonight. Yippee...can you hear the sarcasm? He said I should've done that before my surgery. Too bad my gyno didn't tell me that. Anyway, I am relieved to know there is something I can do to feel better soon. I don't know how long it takes to feel the effects of the extra iron.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!
So sorry to hear you are anemic. Did the doctor say how long it would take to get you back to normal levels?

Praying for you...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register