Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 80 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 04-04-2008, 02:28 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Jett - I hereby give you utter and complete permission to have a pity party !!!! I know that positive YOU is inside there, and I know she'll be back but right now she seems to need a vacation. There's nothing wrong with a pity party every once in awhile. Give yourself time - this is an emotional and trying time. I have a feeling that once you give yourself permission to have that pity party that you'll find it flies past and the positive you will come back from holiday ! Right now you're fighting it and I think it might be whats dragging it on. Sometimes a real good hard cry is the exact perfect medicine - its freeing - give it a try and know that you're in my prayers regardless of your mood.

Mew - I'm going to have to find out where you live and come tie you down ! "if it hurts don't do it !!!!" --- you've been doing alot of things that hurt - now stop that !

Mel - I was anemic post op also but not quite as bad as you are. It takes some time to recover. I used foods for iron - it takes longer but I didn't want to go through the whole constipation thing (I'm still on a stool softener plus a daily dose of Miralax). At least you know that whichever method you choose to recover from the anemia that you won't be bleeding it out menstruating every month !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2008, 02:40 PM

sorry! i will try to behave myself! still having some pain on my right side....so i wont do anything the rest of the weekend. promise. besides, you know...go to church and maybe cook dinner.
love you all. everyone have a great weekend!
Unread 04-04-2008, 02:52 PM

Hi Ladies. Have any of you felt really good after your surgery and then started having pain again? I started feeling pretty good around 3 weeks. I had light spotting from about 2 1/2 weeks to 4 1/2 weeks and then it stopped. But starting this week I have been hurting like I was around week 2! My allergies are bothering me and my body has been sore all over so I blamed it on that. Then this morning I had a little spotting. Also, had sex on Monday. Had done it other times since being cleared and it went well, but on Monday it really hurt my insides and ever since then it's been hurting. More pain yesterday and today than on Tuesday though. Just wondering if anyone else thought they were doing really well and then went to feeling bad again. Thanks.

I've enjoyed reading your posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2008, 02:59 PM

hi clori, all week i have been feeling the same way. i felt good on monday and then its been downhill ever since. can't comment on the sex because i have not been cleared for that -which we had surgery the same day-when were you cleared? anyway, this whole week i have felt like i have gone back to about week 3 or 4, so i don't know what is going on. but as some will say on this site-i may have been overdoing it....not really meaning to though and not by much......just enough i guess that i was not ready for. anyway, i never had any spotting at all. you might want to just check with you doctor since you have been released and see what they say.
blessings
Unread 04-04-2008, 03:03 PM

Thanks mew. I was cleared on 3/17 for sex (almost 4 weeks). I know what you mean about overdoing it. Me too. Which could very well be why I'm dealing with this. I have a 3 year old so I've been trying to keep up with her and I just have trouble not doing things that I am used to being able to do. Last week we had a "flood" in our laundry room from our OLD water heater getting a hole in it and leaking. I ripped up the carpet and did some scrubbing. My husband didn't want me doing it and I probably should have listened, but I just needed to feel useful.
Unread 04-04-2008, 03:09 PM

wow. you ripped up carpet. don't get mad at me, i'm just teasing......but you definitely did more than i have done-you are the one that needs to be fussed at. i am going to send joann over to your house to tie you down instead of mine!! lol! anyway, you are probably right-that is probably what has you hurting-just overdoing it. but still check with your doc if it keeps up. i am going to the doctor on monday...hopefully i will be given clearance..but i won't be surprised if they don't. (just preparing myself so that i won't be disappointed in case they don't). anyway......take care, you and i can just sit tight this weekend and rest and see what monday brings.
blessings
Unread 04-04-2008, 03:15 PM

mew- Hope you get cleared on Monday. I too had prepared myself (and my husband) before I went to my appt. on 3/17 in case the dr. didn't clear me. Yes, we will have to sit tight this weekend and put our feet up. My DD, who normally doesn't nap, has napped the past 2 days- that has definitely been helpful! Try your best to not overdo it and I'll do the same.
Lori
Unread 04-04-2008, 03:19 PM

Sore,
I have seen both books in the CBD (Christian Book Distributors) catalog. I order a lot of books and things for my Sunday School class from them. They also have a website CBD.com, you should check it out, they have tons of things from clothing to whatever. Thanks so much, I'll pick them up. We have PLENTY of time to read. lol One of my Sunday school co-teachers gave us the book "Inviting God to your wedding", I just started it but it seems really good.

Mel,
My daughter has sickle cell anemia and we are both anemic. We have learned that there are a lot of iron rich foods that you can eat which will help. Its amazing that we are so anemic, but our body does not tolerate iron well! Our iron count is low but has stayed in the midrange level because we try to eat iron rich foods. Some things like almonds, liver, spinach will help. I know this anemia makes you feel even more tired so its so important for you to rest and drink lots of fluids. Please take care of yourself, you are important to us!

Mew, I'm sorry you are not doing well. Just because some of us are working, shopping, etc. does not mean that all of us can. Do what is best for you and take it easy. We need you!

Cynthia, I'm so glad you brought your laptop home, your words of encouragement make everyone feel so special. I thank God for you!

Well, ladies fiancee on the way over for dinner and a video. I was too tired from work yesterday to go out Plus I'm saving my energy for tomorrow when we are visiting a caterer for our wedding and going to an apartment expo or something (we just know they are having free food and prizes!) so now DS who just moved and is NOT looking for an apartment wants to go. He's looking for cute real estate agents! YIKES! DD who should be looking for an apartment does not want to go, she wants to sleep! DS and DD are going to an event at church tonight so he says he will talk her into it.

Anyway, enough of my drama. Take care sisters. I love you all and am sending prayers and thoughts of peace, love and healing to you all.
Unread 04-04-2008, 05:24 PM
Anemia

Mel and Sylvia,
I have been anemic a few times in my life (wasn't able to donate blood a few times too because of it), but had been fine for about 15 years now until after the surgery. Doc prescribed an iron pill that has a stool softener built into it--Target had to special order it--it's OTC though, so I've not had any constipation. I also take a swig of prune juice in the morning too...Hopefully the anemia will be over soon, I'm not as tired/sluggish as before so I think the pills are helping.
Kim

ps. Thanks for the wishes guys, mom and I went down to CASA (abused women's shelter - Community Action Stops Abuse) Thrift Store, where I do a bit of volunteer work to help them make the store look nicer to get more sales, that always makes me feel better to be around such wonderful people who volunteer their time to make sure other abused women have a way out. Of course I bought some clothes, colorful ones that cheered me up. It felt great to see they had followed up on one of my plans--they'd put down mulch, flowers and paving stones from the front of the building to the side where the thrift store entrance is-people had always trampled down the grass--I said then let's make it a walk! It just looks great. February they had a record sales month--as much in 1 month as they had in 3 months 2 yrs ago before our committee made changes. I took them some carpet tiles, which they put down immediately, in the book area, so now there's a "book nook" with a chair, it looks so much more cozy now.
Unread 04-04-2008, 05:42 PM

Hi guys, today I'm pulling up the petunias! I've been looking at them for the past 7 weeks thinking how straggely they look, and todays the day

Prepare my beds for winter with new plantings. JOY OH JOY I'm in my element again at long last!!!!

Jett, hope you're feeling better soon.

Have a great day everyone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register