Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 81 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 04-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Thanks everyone for your support and advice about the anemia!

Shep - Do you know the name of the iron pill with the stool softener built in? I could definitely use that. My dr wasn't specific about what iron pill I take.

Jett - you don't have to throw your own pity party...we're all more than happy to throw one for you. I can't imagine going through everything you're going through right now. I volunteer to bring the drinks for the next pity party! I'm throwing a pity party for myself today...it's the anniversary of my brother's death. It's been 11 years so my grief is not as raw as it has been in the past. But it's just weird on this day because I'm thinking about the bad memories surrounding his death/funeral etc. more than my good memories of him. And while that's on my mind I know that nobody else around me has a clue. My husband doesn't think about it being the anniversary. He's very sensitive and loving if I talk to him about it though.

Molly - When you finish your flower gardens can you come do mine? We moved into a new house recently and I am at a loss about what to plant, when, etc. We may have someone come out and help us make a plan for landscaping. Wish we could afford to have someone come out and do it all.

Well, it's about time to do step number 2 on my bowel cleansing. Then I'm sure I won't be back for a while.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2008, 08:57 PM

Hi Melelee,
They are called - Ferro-Sequels in a green box and above it says Effective Timed-release in yellow--it's a box of 100 tablets in foil cards, for $17.69 at Target--but they may need to order them if they don't stock them--it only took 4 days to get them here.

If I could throw in my 2 cents on your new yard...check your local web, newspaper, etc. for a local horticulture extension or xeriscape or native plant society. There should be someone full of information on what to plant that won't need watering and can survive your local weather without looking awful and still have low maintenance. Ask them for a referral to a good, reasonable nursery and that nursery might just come out and plant what you buy there anywhere you point to or stake out. We lucked into a local nursery, husband/wife owned for 25 yrs and they come out and plant all the trees they sell. Hardworking, honest and wonderful people. bet you have some too, just ask around lawn services may know who is a good local nursery too. (and you'll save a bundle too--we got trees planted for hundreds less than Lowes/Home Depot and they seem healthier).

Hang in there, I think a lot of us are having bouts of emotions we don't really want to deal with right now. Fortunately it seems to be temporary.
Kim
Unread 04-05-2008, 08:16 AM

Cori22 and Mew,
I think the one thing we forget is that we have small children. I know for me the one thing I do is up and down stairs all day, bending to pick things up and we are always on the go. My recovery has been up and down and I think when I braced myself on Wednesday to fall I may have pulled something. This morning when I woke up I felt not too bad. Still sore and achy. How are you guys feeling today?
MonLee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2008, 08:48 AM

well, i seem to be doing okay this morning so far. a little sore on the right side. i did soak in the tub last night because i could not get to bed-my back has been hurting me the last couple of days. so i finally got to bed about 1:00am. i woke up several times to pee during the night (more than normal) and we had horrible weather so i was up several times for that. i finally got out of bed at 8 this morning after being up at 6am, 7am then at 8am. i determined yesterday that i need to take it easy so i won't do much of anything besides cook today. i do have to bring my dd to work today because she is sleeping at a friends house because early tomorrow they are going to a basketball game with their work in new orleans. so, anyway, the pain on the right is "lighter" today but still there. i only have a couple more days before my doctors appt. my niece and nephew that are here are being great so far-without one of them here, it makes a world of difference on the fighting. so, I thank God for working all this out so that I am not totally stressed this weekend. I am glad MonLee, that you are feeling better today as well. the thing with me is that i really don't chase after the one year old that i sit for-seriously-my dds do all of that for me. they pick her up, they feed her most of the time and even when i feed her, we put her in her saucer and i just feed her-no lifting etc. i have only picked her up twice and one time was from a sitting position. so i don't necessarily think its having a one year old running around the house because i don't chase after her but who knows at this point. i guess i am just not one of the fortunate ones to be "healed and feeling great at 6 weeks". i just need to remind myself over and over that i need to do what it takes to get better. we will see what the doctor says on monday.
well, blessings to all. let me pray for you before i go:
Father God thank you so much for the wonderful women on this site....there is so much concern, and encouragement on here. I feel like i have another family here that checks on me and fills me in on their lives. struggles or not, we all help each other here and its great. bless these women and their families with your peace that only comes from you. Lord, allow them to feel your presence in their lives. Lord for those that are seeking you as they have mentioned about getting their spiritual life in line on here, please, please allow them to see you and know you better than they ever have before. Lord for those who dont' even realize that they need to call on you, i pray that you will continue to knock at their door of their heart and show them how great you are. Lord, I thank you for the wonderful women of faith on this site-they have no idea how much they have drawn me closer to you. Father i pray for healing of those of us who have had setbacks, i pray that you would allow the families of those that are struggling to know that they are needed to step up to the plate once again and pamper these beautiful women. Lord, i pray for husbands and loved ones to have understanding and compassion. Lord, I pray for we as patients to understand that there is still a lot of healing to be done to our bodies no matter how good we feel and to allow ourselves the chance to do so. Lord, i pray for those who are depressed that you would show them the light at the end of the tunnel. Bring them your peace that surpasses all understanding. Allow our doctors to make wise choices about our bodies and its healing. Allow them wisdom to know what is best for each individual. Lord, you are the great and mighty physician-heal our bodies to bring you glory. Lord, you have given us the gift of medicine-allow us to understand what is best for us about hormones and everything else we deal with. our bodies are amazing-such a beautiful creation from you, that it speaks to us of rest and warns us when we need it. Lord, you have created us amazing bodies with such an amazing way of healing itself. thank you. thank you for loving us, thank you for wanting and desiring a relationship with us. thank you for providing this site and bringing each of these beautfiul women into my life. bless them Lord, that you might be glorified. amen.

blessings ladies for a wonderful, restful and peaceful day. even you ladies running around the gym and getting into your normal lives-take time to rest.
with much love
Unread 04-05-2008, 10:05 AM

a friend just sent this to me and i wanted to share it with you all:

The Fern and the Bamboo.....

One day I decided to quit....
I quit my job, my relationship,my Spirituality..
I wanted to quit my life.
I went to the woods to have
One last talk with God.

'God', I said.
'Can you give me one good reason not to quit?'

His answer surprised me...
'Look around', He said.
'Do you see the fern and the bamboo?'

'Yes', I replied.

'When I planted the fern and the bamboo seeds, I took very good care
of them. I gave them light. I gave them water. The fern quickly grew
from the earth. Its brilliant green covered the floor. Nothing came
from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo.

In the second year the Fern grew more vibrant and plentiful. And
again, Nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the
bamboo'.

He said. 'In the third year, there was still nothing from the bamboo
seed. But I would not quit.

In the fourth year, again, there was nothing from the bamboo seed. But
I would not quit.

He said. 'Then in the fifth year a tiny sprout emerged from the earth.
Compared to the fern it was seemingly small and insignificant.

But just 6 months later the bamboo rose to over 100 feet tall. It had
Spent the five years growing roots. Those roots made it strong and
gave it what it needed to survive.
I would not give any of my creations a challenge it could not handle.'

He said to me. 'Did you know, my child, that all this time you have
been struggling, you have actually been growing roots? I would not
quit on The bamboo. I will never quit on you. Don't compare yourself
to others.'

He said. 'The bamboo had a different purpose than the fern, yet, they
both make the forest beautiful.'

'Your time will come, ' God said to me. 'You will rise high!'

'How high should I rise?' I asked.

'How high will the bamboo rise?' He asked in return.

'As high as it can?' I questioned.

'Yes.' He said,'Give me glory by rising as high as you can.'

I left the forest and brought back this story. I hope these words can
Help you see that God will never give up on you.

Never regret a day in your life.
Good days give you Happiness.
Bad days give you Experiences.
Both are essential to life.
Keep going.
Happiness keeps you Sweet,
Trials keep you Strong,
Sorrows keep you Human,
Failures keep you Humble,
Success keeps You Glowing,
But Only God keeps You Going!

Have a great day!
The Son is shining!!
Unread 04-05-2008, 01:41 PM

Hello ladies -
I am new to the postings but not the site. I have experienced a lot of lower back pain (felt like labor pains) and then pain on my right side (where I still have an ovary). Since I do have stones in my kidneys, I thought I was passing a stone. So an x-ray was performed. The stones are still in the kidney and probably not causing my pain. However, the doctor said that I had a fluid pocket and needed to contact my gyn. Here is the frustrating part...I had a CT done on March 24. They STILL haven't read my CT results. I called again yesterday and demanded to speak to a doctor. They said they would look into it. So now I am worried what a fluid pocket might be...what could happen, etc. Has anyone had this happen?
Unread 04-05-2008, 02:29 PM

no luck on knowing what a fluid pocket is but i hope that has nothing to do with the pain i have been having. same lower back pain last three days and pain on right side. i just keep hoping its normal. let us know what the docs tell you. i will pray for you.
Unread 04-05-2008, 03:28 PM

wow, am I exhausted. Got up at 9 and went downtown to a study session for the next exam I'm taking (mechanical and electrical part of the architecture licensing) it was 10-4 and I have a headache and feel like a truck ran over me. about 3pm my belly got hot and I think it swelled a little more too. No real pain though, just annoying and that sunburn feel. It hurts when I touch it now. I know I'm getting impatient--I empathize with you Marta, but can't we just heal already? I know, I know, our bodies have been through a lot.

I think for the rest of the night I'm going to watch the news and read horizontally...maybe even drift off into a nap? I'm even too tired to eat supper (quick call the press!).

night all
Kim
Unread 04-05-2008, 05:44 PM

Mew,
Thanks so much for taking time to pray for us and send the "Fern and Bamboo" when you have not been feeling well. Thank you, you are awesome! Praying you and our newest sister are well soon.

Just came in from meeting with wedding planner. Our meeting with the caterer to arrange a small after wedding dinner turned into a full fledged wedding. This caterer is a member of our church and has done all lots of weddings for other members and some pastors from other churches. Apparently my fiancee has been talking to her about us and how he really wants a real ceremony and not the small one we were going to have in our pastors chambers. So now we have arranged for the food, cake, flowers, decorations, I mean everything except for my dress and his suit! He has even been saving money and paid for half of it today! I knew he wanted a larger reception and perhaps I have been wrong. This is his first marriage and like the planner said, I need to act this is not just "the second time around" and let him have his day. So, this is a BIG change of plans, but I'm going with it. We also went on an apartment expo. They took a busload of us to view a bunch of apartments (almost 2 hrs worth!) My incision was hurting like crazy and I could feel my belly swelling so I told them I needed to go back. DS and DD had come in while we were trapped on the bus so we ate and then they came back and ate some more and we all left. I am wiped out. Gonna get my stuff ready for church tomorrow and not move from the couch! Take care and I pray you all rest well tonight!
Unread 04-05-2008, 05:58 PM
Catch up

Hello dear sisters,
Just thought I would let you all know how I am over here on the other side of the pond. I have been improving, but I think I am good and I try and use the energy---pow--the fatigue is awful. I have just woke up after being asleep for 4 hours. I think my sleep clock is haywire. I am still having awful restless nights. Everything is on the floor in the morning.Still breaking out in clammy sweats. The pain is less, but as the day goes on, I get the piching/tugging feeling. I eat fruit so thankfully, I am Having bowel problems. I think the emotional side is worse for me than the physical side---but I was told I would get very low and depressed. I have read the threads of the last few days and I take hope from the news that quite a few of us are very up and down. I know I am not alone. The legal side of DH is dragging on and on. I had paperwork to deal with this week and I just dreaded doing it. I asked God and DH this morning to give me the grace and wisdom and courage to get on with it. I came downstairs and I am glad to say, I have done quite a bit of it. Thank you God and DH.

Sore44---Hayling Island!!!!!!!!!!I can't believe that. Are you English? What are the odds that an Irish lady living in the Uk had a hysterectomy on the same day as a lady on the other side of the pond. They both find a support site and get to meet each other. I think it is awsome. If you ever want to come back to visit, I have a spare room.

Mel--I am so sorry it is tough for you. We really do not need any other complications. Grief and your brother. I have been told by my hospice that we never really get over it, we learn to live with it. As you know, my grief is still very raw, and I have to keep getting back up and fighting again.
Cynthia--I have a vision of you. Lean and athletic. A woman on a mission!!!!Did you get a knitting pattern. I used to knit years ago. That was back in the day.
Jett--I am so glad you asked for help. Us ladies are prone to want to caretake it all ourselves and the truth is we can't. You have the added burden of your treatment and I know from Dh that you need to take care of yourself. That is the only way to give yourself the best chance.
JoAnnD---I really get an upbeat feeling from your posts. Can you package it and send me some!!!!!!!!!!!
Poet---When is the wedding? Let us all know how the plans are going. We sisters love lots of happy news.
Mew--dear sweet lady. I just love the Bamboo and the Fern. Can you email it to me as I would love to send it to some of my dear friends. My email is [email protected]
Kim---Another woman on a mission. You are so resourceful. Thrift shop and gardens and study and architecture.
Pass me on some of your motivation please.

Well--I am still, if not more so, toatally addicted to the the Campaign. I just love Barak. If I was there I would vote for him. I am so excited about the next contest. It is my escape from my real world.

I unfortunatly started smoking again about 2 weeks ago. Ugg. I feel different this time. I actually do want to stop. I talked to my GP and he was very sweet. He did not give me a hard time. he gave me a prescription for more patches. I have heard about something called Champix???not even sure if that is the correct name. Does anyone know about it? I have tried all the other methods. Any help on this would be great. I really do want to quit.

I will sign of now. It is 1am here in the UK and I feel wide awake.......I send you all long armed hugs from me to you.

Take care because I care.

Sheila

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register