Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 83 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 04-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Hey guys,
having a good day today, it's pouring right now, so the windows are all steamed up, but we need the rain. Went out to a farmer's market and then to a huge flea market I've never been to--mostly cheap imports, but some goodies to be found. Best part is my belly feels more and more like part of me. just a little swollen and of course still numb, but otherwise, no tugging, pinching or anything.

So funny about the panties, I have a little bag of leftover tampons I'll take to work to pass to someone else and have been tossing out panties here and there. I bought a pair of cream colored pants--never ever would have before.

This time away from my job and reading through my journal of old posts from years ago has given me a lot to think about--in my future. I've been stagnant the past 5 years and I'm not happy about it. I thrive on change, always have, so I need to figure out how to incorporate it into my life--boredom is awful. I don't know what I'll be doing yet, but I'm going to be making some changes. I don't want to be in the same place of my life in another 5 years as I am right now. This is a new beginning in so many ways, I have to take advantage of that when I can.
Reading all your posts is very inspiring and educational - I've taken an unusual path in my life and my friends have taken other paths so it's good for me to see how other paths turn out. I think I'm going to check out some other walkways in the woods and see what happens. Wish me luck!
Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2008, 03:48 PM

Hello Ladies,
Your contributions have all been tabulated and the Mastercard bill for therapy= PRICELESS!
What a tribute to humanity you all are. Some of you give credit to God, others don't assign ownership. All I can say is what a blessing it is to have found this site and each of you.
At my service today, we had a visiting minister who gave an address entitled, "The Beauty of Doing Nothing". It was so appropriate to my own situation that I had to sit back and savor every word she uttered. As a society, we all need to learn the value of slowing down. In most cases, that bit of change could improve our health and increase our enjoyment of most things. We sang "Tis a Gift to be Simple" and I almost had tears in my eyes. Let us not rush our healing. One of you thoughtful women stated that this is not a race and you hit it right on the mark. Although lots of our inactivity was not by choice, it still has been a gift to slow down, even if it has been unavoidable. We've talked about books, smelling the flowers and naps... It's all a part of life. I'm learning this as a by-product of a serious diagnosis, my cancer. I'm truly unable to jump back into the life I had before (for the time being). When my strength and vitality return, I hope I remember the lessons of this confinement; 1. slow down, there will be another day after today is through, 2. don't sweat the small stuff, 3. patience, we are doing as well as we can given our unique circumstances.

May you all know peace and satisfaction in this life. May your hearts' desires be found and may you find joy in all you do. Blessings my friends.
Jett
Unread 04-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Hi Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by shep337
Hey guys,
having a good day today, it's pouring right now, so the windows are all steamed up, but we need the rain. Went out to a farmer's market and then to a huge flea market I've never been to--mostly cheap imports, but some goodies to be found. Best part is my belly feels more and more like part of me. just a little swollen and of course still numb, but otherwise, no tugging, pinching or anything.

So funny about the panties, I have a little bag of leftover tampons I'll take to work to pass to someone else and have been tossing out panties here and there. I bought a pair of cream colored pants--never ever would have before.

This time away from my job and reading through my journal of old posts from years ago has given me a lot to think about--in my future. I've been stagnant the past 5 years and I'm not happy about it. I thrive on change, always have, so I need to figure out how to incorporate it into my life--boredom is awful. I don't know what I'll be doing yet, but I'm going to be making some changes. I don't want to be in the same place of my life in another 5 years as I am right now. This is a new beginning in so many ways, I have to take advantage of that when I can.
Reading all your posts is very inspiring and educational - I've taken an unusual path in my life and my friends have taken other paths so it's good for me to see how other paths turn out. I think I'm going to check out some other walkways in the woods and see what happens. Wish me luck!

Kim

Would you want to tell us what it is you do? And the path you've taken?

I work in Human Resources and I'm looking forward to some new goals for 2008 but they haven't been defined yet..sigh..I like defined, and I like to be super busy. I hate having only one task and I like to be run off my feet with a great sense of purpose & multi-tasking...I haven't got that now & I feel under-valued..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2008, 04:57 PM

Hi Cynthia,
Ever since I was 5 I wanted to "draw houses" so I set my sights on becoming an architect - took drafting in high school even though someone in homeroom said "isn't that for boys?" No, it's for anyone was my reply. I got into architecture school in 1979, but due to finances and family issues still left from childhood I had to drop out (don't get me started on govt. student financial aid in the early 1980's...) and get a better paying job than those on campus (always had 2). Trying to save money to quit working and go to expensive architecture school was taking forever so I decided to just take out loans. I worked restaurants, a bindery, delivered newspapers, worked for the Navy on base and in credit card fraud and collections until I got my BA in Fine Art in 1998 and my masters in Architecture in 2002.
My frustration is that I'm not "drawing" anything, just doing construction documents (boring and tedious) and have very little input in design or even things that impact the earth, which is my other big thing--I'm "green" (LEED accredited if anyone knows what that is) and I'm feeling like I'm not doing what I was meant to. I need to make a difference. So I have to figure out how to do that and still make a living (which is also tough since most architects do NOT make good money, that's a myth).
If you want to see some of my artwork and my portfolio online go to http://delrance.com, my site has been up for about 9 years and it's been almost that long since I updated it !
My friends either finished college when they were younger or went the family route and have part time jobs or stay home. Those who were able to finish college years ago as well as the family ones are all way ahead of me financially and I help support my mom who's been disabled since 1991.
I've come a long way, but I get impatient sometimes. I'm working on that too.
Kim
Unread 04-06-2008, 05:02 PM

oh and Cynthia, if I could sell my house I'd be looking to move to the Pacific Northwest where it's cooler (and "greener") ever since my heart attack last year the heat is tough for me to deal with. I'd love to move to Canada one day--I've always loved Canada--visited several times, Montreal twice and even went to the French part and had a great time there. Never been to New Brunswick though! Kim
Unread 04-06-2008, 05:20 PM

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to share this with you...I thought of all of us when I read it..
HUMAN LIFE AS A SPIDER WEB

The other day I read of human life described as a spider web:

'If you touch it anywhere, you set the whole thing trembling - The life that I touch for good or ill will touch another life, and that in turn another, until who knows where the trembling stops or in what far place and time my touch will be felt. Our lives are linked. No man, no woman, is an island.'

The gift of friendship with others is contagious.

From A Canopy of Stars: Some Reflections for the Journey by Fr Christopher Gleeson SJ [David Lovell Publishing 2003
Unread 04-06-2008, 05:21 PM
Hi Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by shep337
oh and Cynthia, if I could sell my house I'd be looking to move to the Pacific Northwest where it's cooler (and "greener") ever since my heart attack last year the heat is tough for me to deal with. I'd love to move to Canada one day--I've always loved Canada--visited several times, Montreal twice and even went to the French part and had a great time there. Never been to New Brunswick though! Kim

Kim,
If you ever head this way again let me know I'd LOVE to meet you in person..have a java treat at Starbucks..YEAH.
Unread 04-06-2008, 05:22 PM
Lost for words

It is 12.20am here in the UK. Ihave just read the posts for yesterday and today. I felt compelled to respond.
Kim--that life boredom is the pits. You are a go getter and I beleive that once we become aware of something we need to change, it is more difficult not to. Ask God for the answers and sit back and wait. He will respond to you when he knows you are listining.
Cynthia--You are always so there for all of us. You must take care of you to---and I do not mean just exercising bla bla.
Jett---you touched me the most in this thread. You gave me a real sense of your reality and gratitude. You sound very much at peace with waht is happening today----and in reality---today, this moment is all we have. When DH became ill, a dear friend sent us "The power of Now". Easier saying than doing!!!!I pray you keep and build on whatever is helping you today.

I will say no more tonght.
Prayers and blessings to all.
Sheila
Unread 04-06-2008, 05:33 PM

Is this post going away?
Unread 04-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Hi there

Quote:
Originally Posted by msrez
Is this post going away?
I can't imagine this thread will go anywhere as long as we remain posting to it..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register