Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 84 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 04-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Good Night Sheila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blue Eyes
It is 12.20am here in the UK. Ihave just read the posts for yesterday and today. I felt compelled to respond.
Kim--that life boredom is the pits. You are a go getter and I beleive that once we become aware of something we need to change, it is more difficult not to. Ask God for the answers and sit back and wait. He will respond to you when he knows you are listining.
Cynthia--You are always so there for all of us. You must take care of you to---and I do not mean just exercising bla bla.
Jett---you touched me the most in this thread. You gave me a real sense of your reality and gratitude. You sound very much at peace with waht is happening today----and in reality---today, this moment is all we have. When DH became ill, a dear friend sent us "The power of Now". Easier saying than doing!!!!I pray you keep and build on whatever is helping you today.

I will say no more tonght.
Prayers and blessings to all.
Sheila

I finally found a knitting pattern and this afternoon with only 20 minutes left I headed to the Craft store & bought the most fabulous SOFTEST yarn..I'm going to make a light blue sweater..V Neck without specific sleeves..looks like a cap sleeve on it, but it actually isn't..

That's what I'm doing that is NOT exercise..and my ds just brought me a decaf coffee to enjoy while I ponder today's posts.

Hugs & good night..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Jett - you brought tears to my eyes ! Your message was perfect. We can all learn from your thoughts. I was told I was going blind 4 years ago - thats when I learned the "Beauty of Doing Nothing". My biggest goal for myself is to teach others exactly your 3 points - without them having an illness, which is how you and I got to this place. You're an inspiration. If I could meet you in person I'd give you a HUGH to thank you.

Kim - your recovery has benefited you too with the beauty of doing nothing. Set your goals and take small measurable steps to get there and I know you'll succeed !

Cynthia - I tossed about 30 pairs of underwear. Since I was bleeding or spotting 20 days out of every month just about every single pair of underwear I had became "period bloomers". They're all gone and replaced with pretty panties - things I would have never bought before for fear of wasting money and ruining them. My 2 months supply of pads and tampons went to my sister - who said they'd last her a year, and she wasn't exaggerating.

I loved the Spider Web saying as well as the Fern and Bamboo story.

Sheila - hang in there. I get a feeling that this surgery was meant to refocus you. Some lessons come hard, but the hardest ones often have the greatest reward.
Unread 04-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Hi Shep

NICE website :-)

Is your resume up to date? Are the jobs your looking for (the craft you have magic for) available? Have you created any specific on-line searches with the big recruiter sites like Career Beacon etc..? I'm not sure what they call it where you are, but that is big here & Workopolis also.

Congratulations on pushing through all that you have to get where you are now. The insight that what you are doing not being quite right with you is all you need. If you proceed to forge ahead I know you will be able to come into yourself with that magic you posess. Keep on keeping on...

I've been thinking a lot lately about what I'd like to be and although I knew (or thought I knew) what I wanted to be in 1995, I didn't go for it because I was pretty sure I wanted it for the wrong reasons. I wanted to be a psychologist and I wanted to find out how come my life was so screwed up, why my parents did what they did and their siblings and their parents etc. Now I'm 41 years old, have been down-sized from my job twice and my dh twice also in the last 5 years..its been financially very tough and with two teenage sons who I want to assist to go to College or University I've once again put myself on the back-burner.

I was having a conversation with a very young (23) colleague of mine who has become a great friend. All of her family is in Halifax, and well, she's very young & needs/wants guidance so I've just befriended her. But I digress, on Friday she looked at me and said 'SO?' Why not now, why not in a couple of years..plan it, make it happen. She has a friend that works for Family Services as a counsellor and interestingly enough she wants to practice in the field of HR..my friend is going to ask her what educational requirements she needed for the couselling..she makes $80 per hour..which is A LOT OF MONEY...

My dream..was to become the President of the New Brunswick Human Resources Association, and I have been Vice-President for the last two years. January 1, 2009 I will take my seat as President and therefore will not put that at risk since its taken me since 1991 to get here...it took a long while for me to feel confident enough to put my name in that hat. To feel respected enough that when I put my name in there would be no surprise, that I WOULD be elected..and I was. I did have an opponent and even though he tried, he didn't have my passion.

All this to say I am using my own story to direct you with yours...if you start planning where you want to be, you'll get there. If I start taking the counselling courses I need right now I'll be able to do what I want after I've realized this dream I had/have.

Isn't it truly amazing all the strength and power we hold inside to dream and accomplish those dreams?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2008, 06:34 PM

This site is so full of amazing women!
Thank you Cynthia for the great words of encouragement. I got my masters in architecture--a 4 yr masters at age 41! Frank Gehry, the architect of the Bilbao museum in Spain and the Millenium Park in Chicago--he started his masters at Harvard at age 38! SO here's some encouragement right back at ya!

To everyone else, your stories keep me going on the bad days and make me smile and cheer you on my good days. I am SO glad I signed up on this site! I love that news segment "everyone's got a story" where this reporter picks up a map and puts his finger down then goes there and picks up a phone book and goes and talks to them about their life and sure enough, everyone has an interesting story. That's the one thing I never get bored with is listening and reading about other people's lives, struggles, successes, failures and how they pick themselves back up, dust themselves off and keep going.

Cynthia, my resume is up to date, but the online version has details left off due to identity theft concerns, the real one I send out individually. I haven't done any searches yet because I don't know what I'm looking for quite yet. I have 2 headhunters in touch with me now, but I think I may leave architecture, as a profession, and just use that knowledge somewhere else. Lots to think about and do!
Bravo to you for getting where you set your mind to-- we have in common that now we are there we realize we want to be somewhere else.
Ah, but the journey is what life is eh?
Kim
Unread 04-06-2008, 07:09 PM

Hi everyone,

I've been unable to access the webiste for a few days so have spent the last hour reading through the last 4 days posts (maybe DS disabled my access lol). Like Kim, I never tire from reading of the highs and lows of other peoples lives, I think I have a lot to learn from others experiences.

I have been feeling really good, I have been carefully testing myself on resuming everyday life and I am feeling so happy with everything so far. I have cooked dinner, did some gardening, bit of shopping for work clothes and light housework. I have a bit of a swelly belly in the afternoon and a few tugs here and there, but apart from that . A week ago I was feeling so down as I thought I would never be free from the burning pain and tenderness and it seemed like overnight that pain disappeared. Big hugs to the sisters who are still having pain or a slow recovery.

Another sign of recovery for me is I can put my knickers on properly! For six weeks I have thrown my knickers at my feet in the hope that I actually hook them over one of them and be able to pull them up. Don't tell me I am the only person to suffer this!
Unread 04-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Hi Louise

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower66
Hi everyone,

Another sign of recovery for me is I can put my knickers on properly! For six weeks I have thrown my knickers at my feet in the hope that I actually hook them over one of them and be able to pull them up. Don't tell me I am the only person to suffer this!

LOL..definately you were not the only one to suffer this!!! I remember it well

Everyone needs to celebrate that!!
Unread 04-06-2008, 08:26 PM

glad to see i had 3 pages to read tonight. you guys have been busy today on here. it is such an encouragement to me to read all your posts. i went to church for our fellowship meal. it was nice. our theme was international. we had some type of swedish cookies, i forgot what they are called and they also had irish stew. i made spanish chicken and rice ( arroz con pollo). then they had the basic pizza, spaghetti, some meat pie and some tater tot casserole. anyway, it was fun to hang out and talk with our members.
hope everyone has a great day. tomorrow is my post op. keep me in your prayers please.
i am praying for all of you
Unread 04-06-2008, 11:06 PM

Its raining here today but I went out in the garden anyway. I've been landscaping a new section (about 24 square meters) and getting it ready to pave pre op. Today I thought I would see if I could dig out the old soil as I had shifted about 2 sq meters already, and 2 more left. Well I was just testing things, or so I thought. I got so carried away doing it that I finnished the lot!!!!

Now, at the moment I feel perfectly fine, but I suppose tonight will tell if Ive been totally silly and overdone it.

My DR told me if I am to lift anything heavy to make sure I retract my pelvic floor muscles before doing so. Which I have taken great care in doing.

I must say though Im so excited, the pavers are ordered and should arrive today. DH & I bought treated landscaping posts yesterday and all the sand is arriving soon also. Which means I cant wait for next weekend.

Our house is 100 years old and has had many owners during that time, all of which have added to it in some way. We have lived in it for 20 years and have done extensive renovations during that time. It's what I would call a work in progress, and I don't think I'll ever finish.

Next is a woodfired pizza oven which we intend to plan and build ourselves out in the new courtyard (when its finnished)LOL

I hope I haven't bored you with all my guff but i thought it may give you some idea of how well I'm feeling.

You also seem to be doing just great.

I'm so proud of us.
Unread 04-07-2008, 06:31 AM

molly-you are incredible. i am so thankful that your progress. you do inspire all of us with your strength and motivation. i can't even bring myself to go through a huge stack of mail that i need to shred! lol. i'm going to get there though!
i have my doctor's appt. today-i'm hoping i don't have to reschedule. i thought my sister was going to be able to come help watch the baby while i go but she doesn't know if she can make it. and the lady i sit for doesn't feel comfortable leaving her with my 18, 17 and 12 year old. and i don't blame her, she pays me to sit with her not them....although on the other hand for the last 6 weeks they have basically done everything-i was only here as a supervisor. ...anyway, since i don't know how long the appt will last, i can't bring her with me. so we will see what happens. i am just going to trust God for the outcome.
on the book note: i recommend the book that my pastor gave me for my birthday. Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World" is very good. I have just gotten into it the last few days but its really wonderful and insightful. It about how in our busyness we lose sight of the real need for our lives. its about how we get so busy serving and doing, we forget to sit and listen to God. Not that its bad to do things, it just can't replace the intimacy of the relationship with Him. anyway, its really interesting. I saw parts of me in it and gave me some insight.
hope everyone has a wonderful, productive day
blessings
Unread 04-07-2008, 09:03 AM
Hello to you all.

Hi everyone,
It is 4pm here and I do not usually write at this time. I loved the posts today. I had some dreaded paperwork which I kept putting of and I finally made a start on Saturday, did a bit more on Sunday and finished it off today. I then went to the post office and sent it of registered mail My paperwork for this week is to update my car, insurance tax , service etc. I also walked today for about 45 minutes. So I do feel I have done something.

Cynthia---the sweater sounds real nice. It would match my eyes!!! I beleive you could be a wonderful psychologist. When I trained in addiction in 1985, I personally got more out of it than I probably ever gave away. I was very blessed, I got two free scolarships to Hazelden in Minnisota. It was then, one of the most crediable places to train. You do have the passion---I knew you were a woman on a mission!!!!!!!!
JoAnn---I am so gald you are not blind, otherwise I would not have had your wisdom. Please keep encouraging me with your principles. I do not enjoy DOING NOTHING.
I know my life is different now and I have and continue to have a lot of adjusting to do. I beleive I am a "work in progress" and I try to go with the flow.
Kim---the other "woman on a mission". When you design an award winning building, I hope you do not forget about your sisters!!!!!!
Molly--your house sounds fab. If you were not so far away, I would pop in for a pizza!!!!!!!!
Mew---I am totally guilty of the being busy thing. I do not like the sitting around. To much time with my head. I smiled when you said you had an Irish stew. Did an irish person make it? Did you enjoy it?

Do not have a lot else to say. I am pleased I looked at the posts early today. They really lift me up.
I care deeply about all of you and feel our lives have been connected in a very special way.
Hugs to all.
Sheila

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register