Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 86 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 04-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Hi Mew,
Great news. I think that when we have had so many ups and downs, it is difficult to see beyond that. So what that you got upset and cried and felt embarressed. Remember what we were saying yesterday on our thread---don't sweat the small stuff.
Did you like my SANCING WITH GOD email that I sent to you?
Lots of love
Sheila
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2008, 04:15 PM

yes, i did get Dancing with God. it is beautiful. i have seen it before.
i'm over being upset about what happened earlier. i am feeling great now-just a little tired but i can handle that.
just had popcorn with caramel melted over it. it was great! wasn't very hungry for food but i haven't had anything but a bowl of ice cream today so i needed to eat something to tide me over until supper.
hope everyone is doing well....i am about to go upgrade my cell phone. talk to you all later
Unread 04-07-2008, 04:25 PM

Well ladies. I am going through this hormone jungle. I guess I just realized why God makes menopause later in life, you have to be wise to deal with this. I am just not equipped yet to deal. Anyway, my doctor started me with vivelle dot .1. That did not work or so we thought, but it could have just been all my body has been through....who knows. My levels were low, but I think my body is not the biggest fan of estrogen, because if I am to get rowled up it has always been "that time of the month and the week before....shew not a good time for peace with me!!" Anyway, then he moved to Estradiol 2mg, well that made me psycho in no time, PLUS it apparently is not good for those with a family history of thyroid problems, which runs THICKLY in my family...so I asked him about natural...I had pulled myself off of everything and felt better than I had in sometime.
So I am going natural right now....ahh the good life......anyway I hope this stays. He recommended if I start having symptoms that are hard to deal with going to a compounding pharmacy...and told me where they are...so I am keeping that in mind. I ordered the books about menopause off of the this site, plus the progesterone cream. I hope these will also add some comfort if I need it. I also ordered the chillow pillow....(I had already gotten one for hubby and he seems to enjoy it...)
Other than that things are going ok....I guess I need to run around and put windows down before it starts getting dark...don't want to get attacked...I should have thought about putting them down....kind of hard sometimes......might call the neighbor to help with this task.
Thanks gals,
Peace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2008, 06:07 PM

i forgot i wanted to share this with you all and thank you for the prayers! my sister and her husband went away to a marriage conference for marriages in crisis this past weekend. i spoke with her today and she says she feels so much better-like a weight has been lifted from her. she says that he really worked on communicating this weekend and that they were able to discuss what was happening between them that led to all of this that happened with him. he apologized and they are working things out. she said she can see now from his point of view what happened. he also told her what i had told her when he said that he didn't love her- i told her that he might just feel that he couldn't love her if he able to do the things he did and hurt her. that is exactly what he told her. he said that he couldn't understand how he could have grown so far from her and started talking to another woman unless he didn't love her. he realizes now that it isn't that he didn't love her. i told her that now they have a great place to start to rebuild their relationship. she knows its not going to be fixed in one weekend but now that she sees he is willing to try-she feels it will work. they will go to a 6 week followup program. it meets every sunday afternoon for 6 weeks. she sounded so sure of what she wants now. i am so thankful that she listened to God and is seeking his direction. just wanted to share the wonderful news with all of you great ladies and again thank you for your prayers.
blessings
Unread 04-07-2008, 07:48 PM

Sisters,
I really need your guidance and prayers right now. I have been in prayer and all over the Christian websites trying to find the answer. My fiance and I had a big (at least to me!) disagreement earlier. I think I'd mentioned that we had planned on a private wedding ceremony and small dinner for our immediate family. We went to the caterer that he wanted, they were not my first choice but in the spirit of give and take, I was willing to meet with them. Well, I really got fast talked into a totally different, more elaborate and expensive wedding (need dress, etc now!) and reception for 60! He had the planner talk to me about how much he really wanted this, blah, blah and I know that he did tell her these things because he had said the same to me, but I was able to get him to understand that we really could not afford a huge reception in December, but could have one on our 6 month anniversary. I got caught up in feeling like I was depriving him of a wedding (this is his first and my second), he was looking sad and before I knew it my guilt kicked in and I agreed. When she went to add the date to the calendar, someone else had booked that slot so she said we needed to get a deposit in before they did and he pulled out a credit card and paid $1,000.00 down right then and there! I was dumbfounded. Then I felt we were sort of rushed out so fast, I did not even ask about a tasting or anything. We then ran over to the apartment expo and after that I was achy and worn out.

I talked to my daughter about it later that night and she asked me if we had rushed things and I admitted that I thought we had, but the planner really did give us a good price, I just felt that I had been bumrushed. I woke up Sunday morning at 5am because I was so disturbed by what I'd agreed to. I began to pray and ask God for guidance and I prayed for so long I did not even realize how long until DD got up for church. I'd been sitting here for almost 2 hrs! I do think its going to be a beautiful ceremony and reception but we really cannot afford it. We also need to move and the housing market in Chicago is very expensive, the one bedroom apartments we've looked at are all $800.00-1,050.00 and that means we need application fees and double whatever the cost of the apartment to move in, PLUS the cost of the mover, etc. My fiance has lived in his mothers 2 flat for all of his life and he's never had to plan a move or pay market value rent. He does not understand what this process is like. If we do not come up with the money to move, we will have to live in my current apartment but I do not think that we should start OUR new life in MY old place. Also, DD and I had planned a trip to Vegas this summer. I'd promised her last year but I had to spend my money on something else and we did not go. This is to be our "girls" fling before we separate. Fiance asked if he could go, said he needed a break too. I told him no, it was just for us. Today I talked to him about how I felt we had rushed our meeting with the planner and that I wanted to have a menu tasting. I explained that this was customary and would be no big deal. But he is very insecure and starting whining about "how he had messed up". After telling him he had not (a big ole lie!) I just explained about how I did not think we would have the money to move also. He said "don't worry, God will work it all out". Now I have faith, but I also believe that come November, that planner will have to be paid and some deposit money will have to be put down on someplace to live. God will bless, but we do have to make an effort of our own. Then he said, well we can always just live in your place. I got so mad because I feel like he is getting what he wants at the expense of what I want. He is also mad because I told him I was going to Vegas and I did not want him to make me feel guilty. He said fine, but he did not understand why I would want to go somewhere without him, he would never want to go away without me. That I don't want to spend time with him. I got really mad and said "I"m going to be spending the rest of my life with you in a few months and you can't give me 3 days with my daughter"? Anyway, I am feeling guilty, but am I wrong to want a vacation with my daughter and to try to make sure we have a roof over our heads? Please help, I feel so beat up, I'm going to bed now. I don't even want to talk to him tonight.

Sorry for the long post, after praying, you all were the only ones I could just vent to. Thanks for listening/reading. Love you all!
Unread 04-07-2008, 08:10 PM

Sylvia,
I am so sorry that you are dealing with all of this. First let me tell you that I think you should be able to go away with your daughter for a few days. mother/daughter time is so important. anyway,i hope that he will realize that. i know that in the heat of battle we always say things in a manner that is not helpful and we don't always hear what the other person i even saying. maybe once you both cool off, he will realize that what you are asking for in the trip is reasonable.
now, i also believe that the enemy is at work here. he is out to seek and destroy us and our joy. don't let him. Keep asking God to guide you both and He will show you both what you need to do. God is not the author of confusion and I believe that God will give you peace about the right decision about the wedding and apt. i hope you guys will be able to talk about this and work things out. it is reasonable to ask for tasting (especially with a deposit down). maybe your finance is thinking he messed up out of guilt-i know you lied to him and told him that he didn't but maybe you can just explain to him again that its not him and that you understand he wants something big but that the two of you need to compromise. of course that is what marriage is based on-love and compromise. you want your wedding with the man you want to spend the rest of your life with to be memorable and special to both of you......so make sure you guys talk about it. my sister told me that at the marriage conference she went to this weekend that helped her and her husband so much they taught them to write what they feel down for one another-so the anger and spontaneous reactions aren't there. maybe consider writing a letter explaining everything you feel in a loving manner that he might understand better but you need to be willing to understand him as well.
let me pray for you: Lord, I pray for Sylvia and her fiance. I pray that you will give them discernment and clarity of heart and mind to determine what to do about all these decisions. Lord, I pray that you will give Sylvia peace of mind and wisdom. Lord, they love each other, i pray that you would put a hedge of protection around them and do not let the enemy cause havoc in their lives. Lord, Sylvia is still recovering, please help her to release this stress from her life. Thank you Lord Jesus for all that you do and all you provide. I pray all these things in your precious name. amen

we are here for you sylvia.....take comfort and care.
love you
marta
Unread 04-07-2008, 08:59 PM

Well, ladies - after reading many of your postings I have felt so inspired by you that it moved me to write you all a poem to describe my experiences here with you all. I hope you'll enjoy it!
There Once Were Women

There once were women, young and old –
From here and there, some scared, some bold.
With sickness, sadness, worries, strife –
Told they must go under the knife.

With risk and faith, they prayed and wept –
With brave hearts they did take a step.
Then guided to the other side –
They found God did, in them, abide.

And day by day, they found this place –
With other sisters, formed “home base”.
Their bonds of friendship grew each day –
Supporting each other along the way.

Each one had hopes and dreams and trials –
Each one shared love, support and smiles.
The prayers, advice and listening ears –
They calmed and eased their sisters’ fears.

They moved along the path to health –
Some slow, some fast, but all had wealth.
A treasure deep inside their hearts –
Their new potential, their new fresh starts.

And I gave thanks I’d walked this way –
And read the stories of each sister’s day.
For they are strong and brave, though broken -
Now on the mend, their dreams now spoken.

These random sisters, near and far –
All wishing on the same bright star.
May they find peace and love and rest –
They’ve earned it for they’ve passed their test.

Lord, lift them up and give them flight –
If lost their way, please give them sight.
For they’re relearning how to fly –
By sharing wings with passersby.
Unread 04-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Beautiful!!!

Bellaluna -

What a beautiful way to put into words the feelings that many of us have here! You are so gifted and blessed to be able to express these sentiments!

God Bless you!
Unread 04-07-2008, 09:53 PM

Sylvia -

I'm sorry your upcoming nuptials are causing you so much heartache! We do so much sometimes to appease our loved ones, yet we often times neglect our own feelings and needs.

Looks like you've done what you could to talk to him, and instead of understanding, your fiance took the defensive. You may want to approach it in a different manner. Why don't you take a piece of paper, outline all the expenses you are anticipating for everything, your expected incomes during that time, and show it to him? Maybe something in black and white might shock him into reality. Also, have you thought about the two of you going to pre-marital counseling? It might be helpful in understanding how the two of you can learn how to effectively communicate to each other.

I'll be praying for peace and understanding in your situation.

As for me, I went back to work today!! It was wonderful seeing everyone again! Even my HR manager and supervisor gave me hugs! I had to call IS to reset my passwords on my computer - I totally forgot what they were! By the end of the day, I was okay, took a little nap after dinner, and I'm now winding down to get ready for the next day.

Yesterday I did something really impulsive: I bought a pair of rollerskates! My 7-year-old DS is learning how to rollerblade. I had a pair of rollerblades, but I couldn't get the hang of them, so I gave them to DH (yes, he and I have the same shoe size - that's only coz he's tiny). The only way that I could keep up with DS would be to roll along with him, so the best way for me to do that is on regular rollerskates. I haven't been on them in nearly 20 years....but after wearing them for about an hour and a half, I was back to my old tricks! I can't wait to wear them again this weekend!

Looks like a lot of us are all ready to get back to normal and our regular lives again! I'll pray tonight that God will continue to grant us strength, peace, and love, and for continuing in our recoveries.
Unread 04-07-2008, 10:10 PM

bella
that was beautiful. thank you so much. you ought to get that to the people that run this site= it describes the connections we made so perfectly on here-they might appreciate it.
well, dh and i are going to try "marital embrace" tonight. wish me luck. its so funny-i am usually a very modest and private person about my sexuality but i know that we are all on the same page here. sorry if its TMI but i know we are all anxious about resuming this part of our lives. i took a long hot bubble bath with candles and the lights off (before i turned off the light i read part of my book that i have "having a mary heart in a martha world". the last part i read said that we should not be anxious about anything. of course that is scripture and she shared that there is a difference between worry and concern. concern is when we ask God to help in a situation when we know we need help and worry is when we try to figure it out on our own. well, i decided to ask God to give me peace about tonight and allow dh and i to be patient and for us not to be stressed about it. and i am feeling so much better.
anyway, hope everyone has a wonderful night
blessings my dear friends

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register