Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 87 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 04-08-2008, 04:24 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaluna241
Lord, lift them up and give them flight –
If lost their way, please give them sight.
For they’re relearning how to fly –
By sharing wings with passersby.
Bellaluna - I'm in TEARS. The poem was beautiful and I'm sobbing over those last two lines. BEAUTIFUL - thank you so much

I honestly can't write anymore right now; too teary. I hope to be back later today after work. Wishing everyone a great day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2008, 09:21 AM

Mew,
Thank you so much for your insight, kind words and most of all your prayers. I am so thankful that God sent you to us, you have been a true blessing to me and all of the sisters. Thank you!
Unread 04-08-2008, 09:26 AM

Bella,
The poem is awesome! Would you please email it to me, I'd like to share it with my co-workers who I have been talking to about "my sisters". One co-worker said, who would have thought there would be a site like this. My email is [email protected]. Thanks so much for sharing your gift with us!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2008, 09:33 AM

Tonks,
Thank you for your wonderful thoughts and most of all your prayers. We are having pre-marital counseling beginning next Saturday and we just mailed in our forms. This is a requirement of our church if you plan to be married there and I know we need it! Communication is a real issue with us. His has been dominated by his mother and never felt that he could speak up or be honest about his feelings. I have spent our entire relationship trying to let him know that we do not and will not always agree and that its ok to let me know how he really feels. I'm glad he was able to express the fact that he did not want me to go, it is a big step for him. I prayed a lot last night and this morning and lay us both on the alter for God to work on. I then received a word from the LORD saying that the most important thing was that we be married. We will not be homeless, it would not be the worst thing in the world to continue living in my apartment and so I should let that issue go. I will go on vacation with my daughter and make the wedding the best it can be. Thanks again!
Unread 04-08-2008, 01:02 PM

poetsna......
my husband has been married more than once...we will just leave that one there...lol and when we got married...it was not a big deal to him at all...i mean we went grocery shopping that evening....that mundane to him...
i was so hurt, it was my first time getting married...till this day that hurts my feelings........so we talked about it several times and i informed him we ARE doing something big for our one year and he is paying the piper so to speak for a few years for our anniversary....because to me that was wrong.
now don't get me wrong......i did not want flowers, tons of guests, cakes and all of that......because i did not want to get lost in planning and forget the meaning and i am not that kind of girl........i wanted it to be outside and just a simple very few people and so simple that it was an elopement.......BUT not so simple that we went grocery shopping that evening.
anyway......i dont know if this makes sense...but anyway....he knows how hurt i have been and he knows how i feel and is ok with "paying the piper" lol.
Unread 04-08-2008, 05:39 PM

Peace,
Thanks so much for sharing such a personal time, I can surely understand how that would make you feel. And you better make him do it up for the anniversary party girlfriend!

The first time I got married, it was really simple and my "new" husband went to work that night! It was no big deal to him because we had been living together, so it was just another night for him and so for me too. Part of me has been wondering as I've prayed about this is if I am the problem. I've been through so much mess in my life and maybe I don't value myself as much as my fiance does. Maybe I don't think I'm worthy enough to be in the spotlight. I don't know, but as God reveals these things to me, I'm trusting Him to fix whatever the problem is. I do know one thing, I am going to wear a white dress because this time I will be cleansed from all of my old garbage and the white will symbolize a new clean beginning for us both.

BTW sisters, prayer works! This morning fiance and I had a talk and were able to plan a way to save and pay for the wedding by July and have the money we need to move by October. I will also be able to go to Vegas if I stick to the budget! This budget is truly workable and I know it was God inspired because it all came together so easily. Thank you all so much for your prayers and for taking time to reply to me and help me. I love you guys so much and thank God for you! Sending thoughts of healing, peace, love and joy to you all!
Unread 04-08-2008, 06:04 PM

great to hear sylvia! amen to that as well! God is good.
blessings. off to watch american idol
Unread 04-08-2008, 07:38 PM

Oh Sylvia! I'm happy that you and your fiance were able to work things out! God never disappoints, and in your situation, he definitely answered your prayers!

I absolutely understand where you're coming from when you say that you don't value yourself as much as your fiance does. I had the same problem when I got married the second time to my DH. My previous marriage (and subsequent "relationships") had my self-esteem in the gutter so bad that when my DH started courting me, I kept denying the love he had for me. But bless his heart, he never faltered or wavered, and to this day, I can proudly say that he's my best friend, my confidant, and my true partner in life. Sure we have our ups and downs, but trusting his love for me allows me to be more open and honest with him when things get a little edgey.

God bless you and your fiance - and always remember there are three persons in a marriage - husband, wife, and God!
Unread 04-08-2008, 10:29 PM

Wow! I was away from the site for a couple of days and boy did I have a lot to catch up on! It is truly amazing to see the depth of sharing that is taking place between us sisters. I am so touched and inspired. I have also noticed how evident the power of prayer is in our lives. I wish women could be this transparent with each other in "real life." We can learn and grow so much from seeing eachothers struggles and triumphs. Actually some friends of mine recently started a women's prayer group for this purpose. Anyway, thank you ladies for sharing on this site.

Bella - your poem is phenomenal!! Thank you so much for sharing your gift of poetry. I was so touched I couldn't wait for my dh to wake up (on the couch) so I could read it to him.

Poet - I thought of several things I wanted to say as I read your response and then found that Mew and Tonks had already said them. I'm glad that you and your fiance are communicating more clearly.

Mew - I'm so glad to hear that your sister and brother in law benefitted from the marriage weekend. Can you tell me more about that? Is it something that is done nationwide or just in one location? I would love for my brother and his wife to do something like that in the future.

Here's a quick report on my physical health. I did the "colon cleansing" last Friday night as advised before starting the iron supplements. Well...that usually gives me the runs for a few hours and then I go to bed and that's the end of it. Not this time. I had the runs for 22 hours. During that time I had to go to my dd's gymnastics meet. I barely made it in the car. Then I had to keep rushing to the bathroom but I didn't miss any of her events. I was a proud Mama! Anyway, I went home and took it easy the rest of Saturday. Then Sunday morning I woke up with chest pain, feeling light headed and my heart was racing. I was suppose to go to work (to direct the children's ministry) but instead I took an aspirin and propped up my feet. My dh was ready to take me to the hospital if needed. We were just waiting for the heart attack to happen...yah I know that's a really bad idea but I just didn't feel like we needed to go yet. My Mom has had 4 heart attacks so I know more than I want to know about all of that. I ended up going to sleep and when I woke up 3 hours later I felt a lot better. Monday, I had a gyno appt because of the pain I was having last week. It hasn't been too persistent since about Thursday but I still wanted to see the dr. He took it very seriously which actually surprised me. After a physical exam, ultrasound and xray he said the pain may be caused by a pocket of blood that formed after surgery and that it will eventually dissolve. He also said the xray showed that I was extremely constipated. Now tell me how I got that backed up just two days after having the runs for 22 hours! The dr was even baffled by that one. And I'm still taking stool softeners 3x a day. Well...we're going to try to get the constipation taken care of and hopefully that will aleviate some pain.

After all of that I was really eager to get back to work and stay out of the drs offices...so my ds woke up with pink eye in both eyes this morning. My dd had been complaining about her head and throat hurting so I took her to the dr with my ds and she has a sinus infection/upper respiratory infection. I just feel like I'm never going to return to "real life!" I REALLY need to take care of some things at work and I'm getting anxious and frustrated. Please join me in praying that God will take care of all of these things.

Sorry I wrote a novel!
Mel
Unread 04-08-2008, 11:11 PM

mel
wow, sorry all that has been happening to you. seems like the old saying, when it rains it pours. let me pray for you: Lord, I pray for my friend mel, Lord you know her needs at this very moment. I know that she has a lot going on in her life and her health and now her children's health are in crisis. Lord, I pray that you will bring healing upon each one of them. Lord, i pray that you would allow Mel to know your peace and understand your timing. Allow the things that need to be done to be taken care of in the manner in which you choose. Lord, bless mel for her dedication and service to you, bless her family and her ministry. Lord, i pray that you would heal her body quickly so that she would be able to give you all the glory. thank you Lord Jesus for your watched care. amen.
i believe those conferences are all over the place. i will find out the name and let you know. i know that it was a conference through the catholic church but it wasn't local, she went to a city 3 1/2 hours away. but like i said, i will find out the name and let you know. i am so thankful that they went and i hope they take what they learned and apply it daily to their lives. my brother and his wife are separated right now and its not going well. i told my sister since she was the one that attended, she needs to encourage him to try it-at least to learn how to communicate even if they end up divorcing. its been hard to see both my sister and brother's marriages in crisis. i am so thankful that my husband and i are stable-it made me appreciate him so much more. we had our bout with considering separation 10 years ago.....Praise God that he captured my dh heart and now he and i are incredibly happy.
anyway, my health- i am feeling much better. still having those pains on my right side but today it has only been little pains. i did step this morning and somehow a blood vessel popped in my lower leg. it hurt so bad. all day i was having pain -there is a bruise where it happened. the lady i sit for is a nurse and she looked at it. said it probably was just a blood vessel and when i told her i got sharp pains when i walked she said it may just be pressing against a nerve. but she told me to rest and watch it. if it gets swollen or continues to hurt, i might want to go to the doctor to make sure its not a blood clot. i am not having the sharp pains anymore. it hurts to touch and when i flex my ankle it still feels a little weird but its better. so i am just going to believe its just a blood vessel that popped and no problem. i am ready to move on. we are up late because my dh is trying to finish a video he is making for a birthday for a lady. he had taken the job when he was trying to run his video business but the money wasn't there so he went back to retail but she still wanted the video. he is brilliant at that but just the money was an issue. anyway, he needs to finish the video before we leave on thursday. you wouldn't believe how much work goes into a 30 minute presentation. the lady has about 300 pictures and a lot of songs....this is probably one of his biggest ones. anyway, that is why i am still up at midnight. i used to be up late all the time-like 1 or 2 am, even before my surgery but also during my recovery because i would get insomnia but since last week i had been trying to get to bed earlier. i wake up at 6:30. tomorrow is a 5:30 morning.
well, thank you ladies again for all that you do. i really love reading everyone's post and encouragements.
blessings for a wonderful Wednesday

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register