Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 88 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 04-09-2008, 08:32 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Mel,
First of all thank you for your kind thoughts. I am having a hard time understanding how you can be constipated after a colon cleansing! What's up? I'm praying that whatever it is will be over soon as well as all of the other illnesses going on with your family. I'm sending prayers of healing and comfort to you.

Mew,
Sorry you are still having problems. I am concerned about the leg issue, I wonder if you should at least call the doctor to make sure its not a blood clot. Its better to be safe than sorry. Please rest and keep us posted.

Tonks,
Its so funny that your DH never gave up on you. Mine is the same way. I called this wedding off so many times before that now even his brother is saying, "I'll believe it when I see it",but he has never wavered in the fact that he wants to marry me. He has always treated me like a queen and loved me more than I loved myself. I thank God for him because only God would have someone stick around like he did! I'm so glad to hear how you and DH have such a great relationship, that is what I pray for me and DF (dear fiance!). Thanks so much!

Well sisters, this is my second day back at work. Stayed all day yesterday and my goal is to make it all day today. Did not cook dinner last night DD had to fend for herself and may have to today as well. Taking it moment by moment. Love you all so much and am so grateful to have you all in my life. Well, gotta get to work!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2008, 01:47 PM

It's been awhile since I checked in, but I think that's due to the fact that I feel completely 100% and have for a couple of weeks. Even the fatigue seems to have ended.

Did get cleared to 'do the deed' and it was a rousing success. I was so worried. But without the prolapse and rectocele, thing actually were much better than before surgery.

Hope everyone is doing well. I try to stop in the pre-op forum to give support every couple of days, but I always forget to check out in here.
Unread 04-09-2008, 03:09 PM

sylvia,
i think it was just a blood vessel that popped. i am keeping an eye on it but the pain went away. i am feeling really good today. Praise God.
Looking forward to going to church and give a report today.
tomorrow night we leave for our trip to tenn. yippee!
gotta get ready to leave, talk to you all later
love
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2008, 03:27 PM

i called the compounding pharmacy today. they were really nice and did a consultation with me. it was really good to talk to them. i hope they are able to get me on track with the hormones. of course after i talked to them i got up and realized i was sore all over. i did nto call them and tell them....i will just see if it is a passing thing....could have been something about how i slept. i am going to take a nap here in a few minutes. i did not sleep really well last night. how is everyone doing?
i am really into mountain biking and i dont like just any old bike :-) well my last bike is a boys bike (i always rode boys bikes) well since this surgery, i think i am definitley going to need a girls bike because those muscles are super weak right now....(i always only had one good week a month to ride, and regretted it afterwards anyway, so maybe i needed a lighter one (girls) anyway). well....i have talked my husband into us trading mine in and upgrading...mine is a 2003 model....so it is time i guess......it would be a great for a early 30th birthday gift! i think he is talked into it and if i have to upgrade too much it could also go torward that anniversary thing too :-) i am looking forward to being able to bike whenever i want to.
so it will be nice to have a new bike to turn over this new leaf with.
well i am going to go to sleep......cant wait to go to doc and get cleared.......2 more weeks.........this is getting old i feel like i am watching all of you move on with your lives and i am just sitting here.....ugh..........so frustrating......and i want to go bike shopping but i cant test drive .......grrrrrr..........
Unread 04-09-2008, 05:51 PM

Hi everyone,
My first day back at work was today--half days until next Wed. Everyone and everything was fine and same old same old. My mentor was very happy to see me--handed me some work he'd put off until I got back, ha! So I was able to feel useful right away at least!
I'm kind of tired now, but not exhausted, but I am getting a headache--something I haven't had in awhile. I am feeling some stress as I wasn't able to talk to the big boss (he hates being called a boss, it's so funny) about a project I am on in name and haven't been there to get familiar with--and it's my specialty--historic preservation--so I'm anxious to get in there before I have no influence left at all. I'll get to talk to him tomorrow or Friday. Meanwhile after all this time thinking I'm putting my resume out there and was contacted by some headhunters--so I'm letting them do some searches for me. We'll see what happens. I'm trying to learn to let go off things--let go of the stress. Harder than it sounds when it's how I've survived my whole life so far.

Mel, I shuddered when I read your account of the dizzyness and chest pains. I bet you had a heart attack right there. I had the same thing back in 2001 and shrugged it off until the heart attack I had last spring that I couldn't ignore. Please follow up with a cardiologist with your family history and all. Women tend to die quicker from heart attacks than men--I think because we probably had more of them undiagnosed before the one that kills us. I eat salmon 2x a week and olive oil in anything I can put it in now!
Peacewins I hope the pharmacy helps you out and your soreness is temporary.
Sounds like things are getting better for most--Mew hope you start improving as fast you'd like.
C.C. great that you are helping others on th forums, guess I should head over there once in awhile too now.
Getting tired now, gonna go take some headache pills--feels like sinuses maybe, ugh, the humidity is moving back in...
Kim
Unread 04-09-2008, 07:56 PM

Good evening Ladies!
I had a great day-I mean really feeling good. and on the way home from church my side is hurting a little and my belly is a little swelly. oh how i wish we didn't have to deal with that. i had stopped by a friend's house to pick up a check for relay for life and she told me to expect more like a 6 month recovery periods-said i would have good and bad days and some days in there. i told her i was resigning myself to just know that i still have a ways to go. i told her i was feeling good but that last week was pretty bad. she said yeah sometimes it just will sneak up on you out of no where. so, even though i am not looking forward to that, at least i know what to expect so that i am not caught by surprise. anyway, i'm just hoping there won't be many bad days.
i am sorry Peace that you are still not doing great. i hope you find some relief soon.
kim-glad you are back at work, i hope things go well.

i hope all of you have a wonderful night and good day tomorrow. i have tons of stuff to do tomorrow to get ready for our trip. talk to you all later
lots of love
Unread 04-09-2008, 10:01 PM

Had my check up today and the doctor was quite proud of his work! I did have an urinary infection last week and he said he wasn't surprised as he had to "disect" my bladder to get part of the tumor removed. I told him I couldn't tell if it was a UTI or just pain from the surgery. The antibiotics helped, but the spasms will continue for a while. Gradually that will go too.

This journey was harder and easier than expected. This site and the sharing about the procedures and outcomes has been very very helpful and I appreciate it. Glad to have it behind me and no cramps or periods or pains that accompanied it.

I feel lucky my doctor put me on premarin immediately cause I don't know if I had any negative side effects since surgery effects dominated. I do know I have had not a single night sweat, no hot flashes and I am even sleeping all night in bed instead of channel surfing and bed hopping from room to room! I read so many of you suffering with emotional crying jags and mood swings. I have been so fortunate not to have had to put up with that. - not that I'm bragging, just appreciative and sympathetic to those of you that feel badly.

Again, thanks to all for their honesty and openess about a difficult procedure.
Unread 04-09-2008, 10:35 PM

This week I would have been due for my period, today I attended the school assembly and did not have to worry about what I wore or the possibility of flooding. It is such a huge weight off my shoulders to be able to do everyday tasks and not worry about all the things that could go wrong.

My 16yo DS has gone to Tasmania for 5 days for a cycling tour. It is the first time he has gone anywhere without us and while I will miss him madly, I know he will benefit from the independence and committment he willl be required to have. I can't say that I will miss his music which is always playing loudly!

I have been to the gym a couple of times and used the treadmill, recumbant bike and a few different weights. My biceps are a little tender at the moment but I feel good for doing the exercises.

Something I find interesting in the recovery process is why does one particular spot hurt one day and gone the next, or why does my scar hurt one side but then the pain is gone. Overall I feel great, but am just curious about these little tugs of pain.
Unread 04-10-2008, 10:57 AM

mel
here is the link to that conference my sister went to. i didn't check it out to much to see where they do them but i figured you could check it out.
www.retrouvaille.org
hope everyone is doing well today. let me pray for you all
Lord Jesus, I want to thank you again for your wonderful love that you give us. Lord, that you care so much about us that you brought each one of us together to comfort and encourage one another. I have no doubt in my mind that you are the one that brought us all here. Lord, i pray that you would bless those who are still hurting with your comfort. I pray for our friend Peace as she struggles with her setback. Lord, allow her to know your peace and understand your timing. Lord, I pray for those who are struggling with emotional distress. Lord, I pray for Sylvia that you would give her discernment to handle all the decisions coming up for her and her fiance. Lord, I pray for sheila that you would bring your peace that surpasses all understanding, allow her to feel your loving arms wrapping around her as she deals with everything going on. Lord, i pray that you would bless each of my wonderful friends from this site with courage and direction, with love and peace, with mercy and grace. Lord, i also pray for seeds to be planted in our hearts. For our eyes to be opened to your absolute goodness and grace. I love you Lord and I thank you for every blessing you provide us with. amen

i hope you all have a wonderful day. i feel great today. i went to walmart and shopped around for 2 hours while they changed the oil in my van, i washed a load of clothes (about to do a couple more), am getting my packing done for our trip tonight and i am trying to get all my lessons ready for sunday since we won't get back until about midnight saturday night. but i am so excited about the trip! its going to be great! first time all 5 of us will be staying in a hotel together since my youngest can remember. she was like 1 or 2 last time. anyway, that was a long time ago, so this is a special treat for us.
blessings ladies
Unread 04-10-2008, 11:49 AM

hrtgo, you are lucky. i have heard of some negative effects of premarin and since i am an equestrian i have a difficult time with it anyway, but it also made me CERTIFIABLE when i did give it a try lol that was pre surgery, but it was so bad, i swore i would not touch it ever again, and everyone around me said if it went in my system again they would pay for me to go somewhere else, where i would be locked up so they knew i would not kill someone lol. it was a bad mix for me!! the vivelle was not really so bad, just between the weight gain (mild at this point i can catch up with it anyway) and the crying which VERY WELL could not have been it because with previous surgeries i have always gotten very depressed afterwards, so was probably that.....i just felt this more natural route and being built FOR me was the best route to go......compouding was really recommneded by my doc after we talked about me wanting to keep the estrogen super low to prevent certain things and as low as possible but yet some there to preven the heart issues.......so quite the balancing act. for me anyway.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register