Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 90 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 04-13-2008, 05:22 AM
Looking For Guidance

Hi Ladies,

It is Sunday 12.30pm here in the UK.
I sent a post a few days ago looking for some help with HRT.
I know everyone is busy and back at work so our posts are getting less. I understand that.
I really would appreciate it if anyone can pass on anything to me. I am not sure if I should be bleeding or not.
It is not a lot, but it is there.
Please help.

Thanks
Sheila
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2008, 05:42 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

hey irish blue eyes, i have been in the jungle and have some books and would love to help anyway i can!! i will look up the post right now....i am here
Unread 04-13-2008, 05:44 AM

Irish are you familiar with compounding pharmacies, do they have those there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2008, 08:13 AM

Sheila - I think the reason nobody has answered your question on hormones is that they don't know the answer. But I would call the doctor and ask - it doesn't matter what time of the day or night it is - s/he should have an answering service for non office hours. Please post back and let us know. I don't like that you're bleeding and rather than waiting for internet help I'd rather you called your doctor.

The Vatican Splendors exhibit was fantastic. There were so many interesting exhibits. I cried at the end when I laid my hand over the bronze cast of Pope John Paul II's hand; it was very moving. They said it generally takes 90 minutes to go through the exhibit - it took me 3 hours LOL. I'm a very slow museum person - I love looking at every detail to "learn the piece".

Mom is coming over for dinner today and I have to get it started in the crockpot ! I"M LATE !!! YIKES .... talk later
Unread 04-13-2008, 09:46 AM
Replies

Poet: Glad to see everything is starting to work out for your wedding and moving plans..

Peace: Did you trade your bike in? How does the new one ride? Or have you taken her out for a spin yet? When is your birthday? Mine is in a few weeks and I will be 42..

Shep: Glad to see your doing well back at work. I thought your comment about ‘better get in there quick before you have no influence left at all’ was interesting..tell you why below.

Sunflower: I noticed your comment: “Something I find interesting in the recovery process is why does one particular spot hurt one day and gone the next, or why does my scar hurt one side but then the pain is gone. Overall I feel great, but am just curious about these little tugs of pain.” I think its just to keep you guessing..LOL..I notice the same.

Amccomb: OMG..50% of your hair is gone, that is terrible..and totally NOT vain. Did they sell you Nioxin? My dh uses it and my mom too and they both like it and find it works well. Hope things are going well with your rest and wish you all the best…things will be brighter soon..

IrishBlueEyes: Glad your physician did an exam to determine you did need HRT. I have zero experience with that so have no advice/experience to offer. Take care though. PS: I haven’t replied to your message yet because I’ve been exhausted to tell the truth with being back to work full time and my computer wasn’t working at home so I just dialed in from work here to read & reply. I feel disconnected..WAAAAAAAA..anyway, I do plan to reply.

Curly: How is FL? Are you at least enjoying yourself some?

Mew: the water/hot tub sounds fun, glad to hear your feeling better.

AuntJetta: I know your in Las Vegas now, and I hope you are finding some enjoyment from it. God bless the office for squeezing you in and giving you your shot for free. WOW half way done..where does the time go?

JoAnn: My only malingering problem is also bowels..ugh..I am off the stool softeners though and I toughed it out last week & this week. This week-end well more like Thursday things started to get moving though..hopefully it will get back to normal soon. When I am anxious, nervous etc..I can’t go which is normal for me. And when I’m at work I can’t relax..LOL..all tied up in knots.

Tonks: LOL on your son..that is so funny..only because I’ve been there…
Unread 04-13-2008, 09:57 AM
My progress

Hi sisters!!! Its been a long time since I last posted and a lot has happend..yet nothing..LOL

I started back at work for half days on March 31 and although that went fairly well I had a nap almost every evening when I got home. I did get back to the gym and have been going there every day doing 90 minute workouts with 45 of that 90 being cardiovascular activity which is HARD...but I felt I needed to get my endurance back. I started full days last Monday at work and that was a little bit tough but not as bad as the 1/2 days so I was glad I did the 1/2 days to begin with to get warmed up.

Well, now I'm all the way warmed up and my colleague left for Mexico Thursday afternoon. What a time I've had with her let me tell you!! She seemed to 'move right in on my territory' and I had to have a talk with our Manager because I was aware of the "master plan" or "succession plan" and quite frankly I'm not sure how to say it but I was really REALLY MAD! I brooded over that for a couple days because something happened and she implied I would be her back fill for two mornings a week while she studied on-line at home WELL..I am NOT going to back-fill for her when I just transitioned my entire job to her. I am not REGRESSING in my position at my age.

So, after fretting for a few days and taking it all out on my lovable DH (poor guy got the brunt of my verbal attacks) I sent a very forceful e-mail to my manager and then we discussed it the following day where she totally agreed with me and I advised her of the work I would be willing to do, and the work I am NOT willing to do..and during the discussion we were talking about my performance review which was done just prior to my leave. WELL..I found out I will be this chicks SUPERVISOR..! HAHA..I don't mean to laugh, but this girl really needs a kick in the bum. She just thinks she's all that and more and I have a problem with how she conducts herself in our field of expertise. She dresses inappropriately with everything on display and has a dirty mouth in this field. I could go on, but I don't want to get mad all over again!

Anyhow, I'm not sure when the supervisor stuff will take place, maybe after the move happens first of May or maybe next year. All I know is I drew a line in the sand and my manager agreed. So, I am happy for now. I advised her I am not happy with my daily work that I need more and she hired me because of certain skills and those skills are not being used. We will talk again this week after her review.

All that drama!! Anyway, my dh and ds helped her (my manager) and her husband move yesterday..for SEVEN hours..at the end of it all I could do was sit & watch, it was too much..anyway, we finally got home had to get groceries, etc and then we came home and relaxed..it felt really really good to put my feet up.

Today dh will do our taxes and I am going to sort through 8 boxes of books to see what I can donate to a church booksale..

Have a great day ladies..
Unread 04-13-2008, 11:32 AM

Dan's Wife,
I have not traded in my bike yet. My doctor has not cleared me for lifting over 5lbs yet....that should be around the 19th........he said three more weeks on the 2nd. I cannot wait. I will ask then about test driving bikes. Because I hope the one I picked out that has all the equipment I like is the one I like the feel of....Trek WSD 6700 (if there are any other mountain bikers amongst us). My birthday is not actually until Septempber 30 I will be turning 30, what is that called when you are turning the day of the month your birthday falls on.....they call it something........., but I do not want to lose the entire season with this bike. It is a boys bike and is a bit heavier being older technology (2003) so it will be good to step up. Hubby got a new one last year his is a lot lighter. I cannot wait. Of coure since we had talked about the paying the piper with the anniversary thing if we get the 6700 that is paying the piper too cause that is the REALLY nice bike.......:-) if we get the 4500 that makes our birthday even with his tools lol.

On another subject in my complete boredom I put down some new placemats in our kitchen and in a new rug in front of a sliding glass door, some new kitchen chair covers and a new little rug in front of our sink.
We built this house and got into it in December.
I bought a frame that has three picture holders. I put it up with the empty lot, in the middle a picture of my husband resting (because this was his labor of love for us) and then on the end the largest room EMPTY. Under it, it came saying "home sweet home" So that was my misadventures yesterday. ON the way home my loving husband forgot about an added stop sign and SLAMMED on breaks and OUCH!!!!!!! TUMMY HURT SO BAD.....
Then we came home and he was putting things in a drawer and my tall self was turned away from him and he was closing the drawer and I was backed up so far he was closing ME in the drawer I OVER reacted and turned so quick, I through myself (stomach) up against the counter......Tummy felt that one immensly too.......so I am resting today.....(I guess that was the true MISadventures of yesterday......a little rest and TLC and the Swelly Belly band on my tummy and I will be as good as new......
Thanks ladies......
Love, peace.........
Happy birthday to you a few weeks early.
Thanks,
Chryss
Unread 04-13-2008, 11:41 AM

Peace: Its called a champaign birthday Mine would have been when I was 7..LOL..
Unread 04-13-2008, 11:58 AM

Thank you, you could always add a 0 and celebrate when you are 70 :-)
I Hope you are doing well.
I just finished picking up around the house. I had a bout of insomnia last night.....first time since I started compounding hormones, might have to up my dose if it continues.
Unread 04-13-2008, 12:01 PM

Cynthia, you rock.
I'm at the tail end of the baby boomer generation (as you are just starting the next one I see) that thought hard work got you ahead and respect for elders meant respect for senior level employees, yadda yadda and then this next generation comes along and expects to be treated the same way as those with 20 yrs experience and because they won't accept anything less-they get it! They inspire me to stand up for things when I don't get them--as I see my generation being taken advantage of...because we let ourselves be taken advantage of. The down side is I have to watch out for being taken advantage of by this next generation as well. So I'm always on my toes (boy are they tired). I'm learning a lot from them (never too old to learn!). The biggest thing I've learned is that I'm not cut out for working for others and will be gearing up to transition into my own business, doing SOMETHING, eventually. So now I just have to finish up loose ends to prepare myself and since the hyster has resolved a WHOLE lot of physical problems I can count on getting healthier than I've been in decades, literally.

I haven't been too busy to post, but things aren't really changing for me much. Went out last night to a Tiki bar on Clearwater Beach for mom's birthday and didn't want to dance--the thought of twisting didn't appeal to me, but I have no pain. just that "weirdness" feeling. No bleeding, tugging, pain, but some low back aches since my stomach muscles aren't doing the work they are supposed to yet--so my back gets tired.

Sheila I don't know about HRT except that my mom was on it for years, but quit when the heart issues came out a few years ago--and I'm not allowed on it because of my heart attack. I do know that Soy products have a plant estrogen that is supposed to help relive menopausal systems by fooling the body into thinking it's the same estrogen--but I have no experience.

My biggest obstacles lately are all psychological it seems. I'm still dealing with a touch of depression that kicked in after the heart attack (VERY Common that I didn't know until had one) and is getting better, but still shows up once in awhile and also affects my energy level--some low dose antidepressants are helping. My dog is the biggest help though! Love dogs. Won't ever live without one again.

Jett hope you have a great time, you deserve to live it up a little and just enjoy yourself. So good to hear about your doctor being an angel too, that's got to make things so much lighter for you knowing you have that kind of support. I think the friend withdrawal thing is they don't know what to say/do so contacting them would definitely be ok and probably what they need. When I returned to work after my heart attack from losing my dear dog Sheeba, everyone was afraid to ask for fear I would be upset--so I had to start talking about it. They still won't start the conversations about it but it's less tension than before. Fear is a terrible thing. Odd how the patient ends up having to help the healthy sometimes.

Joann I've been lucky with the bowel thing--I do eat lots of veggies, fruits, juices and few processed foods though...cut out white flour and white sugar (except for homemade lemonade got to have sugar for that) so my diet's full of whole wheat fiber in bread and pasta--think that's my saving grace.

Tonks--love the house-cooling party idea! I hope I can have one soon!
It's about 2 pm and has looked more like Seattle than Florida lately--drizzly and cloudy all day. Perfect to go plant 2 purple flower plants I bought today! I can't remember the names, I just think they are pretty--and they draw hummingbirds so I can put my feeder near them!
Have a great week everyone!
Kim

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register