Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 91 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 04-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Hello ladies -
I posted last week asking about a fluid pocket. Apparently, these can occur after an abdominal surgery. I have a 3" pocket on my right side and it is pushing on my bladder. I was concerned that I had developed another cyst on my right ovary (only had left one removed). Tomorrow I have to have a drainage catheter placed for about 2 weeks. It doesn't sound pleasant, but I hope it helps the back and right side pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2008, 01:51 PM

Ouch Hyster, I am sorry to hear that. I hope that it is not painful. Do they put you under to do this procedure, or use a local anesthetic? I hope the two weeks go by quickly for you. Get some more reading material and some of those find a word puzzles and such and be sure to rest and take care of yourself and not to let it get infected. I will be thinking of you as I am sure the other sisters will as well.
Peace.
Unread 04-13-2008, 05:02 PM

Hysterage34, thanks for the update, keep us posted on how this goes--we are becoming the most educated people around--guess that's the point of this site--it's working!
Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2008, 08:36 PM

Hi everyone,
Hadn't been on the computer for a while and it's so nice to read your posts and know that everyone is well on their way to being totally healed!!
For me, tomorrow is my first day back at work and I wonder where these past 7.5 weeks went. I thought I would have time to get so much done but then that recovery thing gets in the way and I wasn't expecting such a journey!!
Had my 7-week post-op with my doctor and am cleared for everything. I asked her if my cuff was healed well and she gave me quite the look and asked how I knew that. I told her about this website and how much I had learned and she wished more of her patients knew about it. She assured me the little bit of soreness I had would eventually go away - it's all just healing. There seems to be a few of us with it!! I am feeling great - can't believe how a week can make a difference.
Blessings to you all,
Monica
Unread 04-14-2008, 08:14 AM

Hey Girls! feeling better today. My energy level seems to be up! All bleeding has stopped too so I guess I just needed more healing time.

Cynthia, I am using the Nioxin Products. I have noticed some regrowth already but continue to loose large amounts of hair. I no know why God gave me such thick hair. It was for this moment in my life! I always use to say I wanted thinner hair - be careful what you wish for!

Good Luck to Hyster - 34 on your procedure. We will all be praying for your quick recovery!

It's so good to hear most of you are getting back to normal activity. I hope to be ther very soon. I will start wo exercise again by mid-week. Was up to 2 mile "super-power walks" before having set-back last week. Hopefully I can just pick-up where I left off.

I am off to Ebay world to look for a puppet for my daughter's b-day! Hope you all have a great day!

Amy
Unread 04-14-2008, 09:12 AM

How do you know if you have a fluid pocket?
Unread 04-14-2008, 10:55 AM

hrtg, I agree with you, started vivelle right away too with no problems and so happy no more hot flashes..and HA! great description for the evening bed hopping!! did the same... 2 of my sisters love premarin but I just used what my Dr gave me...

I'm at 7 weeks now and still having to use mini pads for discharge...anyone else? also can't do any sports or activities for a full 12 weeks!! feel like the only one... I had a TVH and cystocele and rectocele....
Unread 04-14-2008, 11:04 AM

Dans_Wife -
I was having a lot of lower back pain and pain on my right side. The pain on my right was similar to the pain from when I had the cyst on my ovary. A CT was ordered to check for abnormalities and that is how it was discovered.

Good news! We arrived at Univ of Iowa Hosp at 7:00 and went through the labs, pre-op, etc. And it was finally time for the procedure. They do the drainage catheter surgery with CT guidance. So they ran a couple scans to see where to enter. They discovered that the fluid pocket had significantly shrunk since the last CT (March 24). So some discussion was held and decided to give me a couple more weeks. I was unhooked from everything and headed home. We are now praying that it continues to shrink and will not have to have the drainage catheter put in at all!!!
Unread 04-14-2008, 01:11 PM

Hyster - that's very cool about not needing the catheter ! Here's hoping that it continues to drain on its own

Amy - glad to hear that your hair is regrowing and that you were given a nice thick head of hair to start with to see you through this ! My hair is baby fine - I use childrens ponytail holders and barrettes - the adult size falls out. If I lost 50% of my hair I'd need a wig for sure.

I'm trying to tough it out on the bowel front - thanks for sharing your experiences with me. I'm on a diet (gotta lose the weight I gained from my post op indulgences !) so I'm eating even more fruit and veggies then usual but the fiber actually doesn't seem to be doing much for me yet. I'm even eating prunes again (stopped that 3 weeks post op) .... oh well, just this one little hurtle to get through I guess.

I really feel fully recovered now. the only reminders of the surgery are the scar, the slow bowels, the weight I gained and best of all --- no more back ache, no more "always full" bladder, no more missing social events because I'm bleeding too heavy, and no more constant need to wear a pad to catch off cycle spotting or periods that start unexpectedly. HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY --- I HAVE MY LIFE BACK !!!!! I thank the Lord that this surgery was available, that my surgeon had skilled hands, and that my recovery has been uneventful -- my prayers have been heard and answered.

I'm hoping that we all get to look back on the week of Feb 18 - Feb 25 with only happy memories. You guys are in my heart.
Unread 04-14-2008, 05:47 PM

I almost feel that way JoAnn--I'm so much better than before--until this morning when I got back pain so bad I had to take 2 vicodins AND an anti-spasm muscle relaxer- -just like pre-op. I'm hoping it's because my stomach muscles have been putting all the work on my tired old back which hasn't been able to recover from all the pain it was put through before with the cysts/adhesions/endo attached. I'm still in pain now, had a thermacare on all day and went for a walk tonite to keep it limber, but I'm heading to bed early with another muscle relaxer.
This is the last thing left--my belly feels completely normal now, so this is the last hurdle for me--maybe that's why my back gave out all at once like this--it knew it was it's turn? Hope so.
Seems like we all have different things popping up now--our "individuality" is showing!
Kim

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register