Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 93 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 04-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Marta - call the OB/GYN and ask why you were given a referral to the internist. NEVER EVER be afraid to ask questions of a doctor - your health is much more important then what they think ! LOL

Cynthia - your right about "diet" vs "lifestyle change". I made the lifestyle change 25 years ago when I lost 25 lbs (25% of my body weight). I've always monitored my weight and restricted myself for a week or two when my weight went up more than 3 pounds. The 10 lbs of post op weight gain is so much more than I've had to deal with it in soooooooooooo long ! So yes - I'll be dieting - for about 5 - 6 weeks. Since I'm rather teeny (4 ft 10, 115 lbs right now) I can't really restrict all that much and meet my nutritional needs. The best I can do is about 900 calories a day, which doesn't leave me room to lose weight and "bank" calories for those days when I want to be a bit naughty -- its either one or the other - lose weight OR bank, not both. I had been swimming to burn additional calories but its just too cold for swimming this week. I walk about 2 miles a day, but its a slower pace since the dog and I enjoy stopping to "smell the roses" (well, I look at flowers - she smells whatever a dog smells LOL). Hopefully next week will bring the return of the warm temps so that I can get back into the swing of things. In the meantime I'll try my best to stick with my good eating habits but I'm not making any promises ROFL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2008, 11:14 AM

i so want to get back to walking. in the last couple of weeks, i have only been out twice and it wasn't for long. dh has been asking me to go this week but i have been feeling under the weather the last couple of days. we have church tonight and he works thrusday night and then i have relay for life on friday night. i guess i will get a bit of walking in then.
i just finished making a chocolate cake for my pastor-today is his birthday.
i am waiting until 1pm to call the doctor and find out why i was referred. i am hoping its nothing to be concerned about. although-if there is something going on, i am glad someone saw something and we can deal with it.
anyway, i hope everyone is doing well today.
blessings
Unread 04-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Well then

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnnDe
Marta - call the OB/GYN and ask why you were given a referral to the internist. NEVER EVER be afraid to ask questions of a doctor - your health is much more important then what they think ! LOL

Cynthia - your right about "diet" vs "lifestyle change". I made the lifestyle change 25 years ago when I lost 25 lbs (25% of my body weight). I've always monitored my weight and restricted myself for a week or two when my weight went up more than 3 pounds. The 10 lbs of post op weight gain is so much more than I've had to deal with it in soooooooooooo long ! So yes - I'll be dieting - for about 5 - 6 weeks. Since I'm rather teeny (4 ft 10, 115 lbs right now) I can't really restrict all that much and meet my nutritional needs. The best I can do is about 900 calories a day, which doesn't leave me room to lose weight and "bank" calories for those days when I want to be a bit naughty -- its either one or the other - lose weight OR bank, not both. I had been swimming to burn additional calories but its just too cold for swimming this week. I walk about 2 miles a day, but its a slower pace since the dog and I enjoy stopping to "smell the roses" (well, I look at flowers - she smells whatever a dog smells LOL). Hopefully next week will bring the return of the warm temps so that I can get back into the swing of things. In the meantime I'll try my best to stick with my good eating habits but I'm not making any promises ROFL.
Given that if you choose the behaviour you choose the consequences..LOL..

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2008, 08:44 PM

Hey everyone,
Long day today--first full day at work. By the afternoon I started getting pangs that made me need to stretch out and slouch so my belly wasn't crouched up. It's a little sore tonite and swollen, it doesn't like me sitting for long periods of time. I get up and walk around when I can, but 8 hours is a long time.
I'll be glad for Saturday.
I lost all my energy, it's even too much to type a lot, so I need to rest up for tomorrow.
Oh, it doesn't help that mom saw someone stealing a package (waiting to be picked up by mail carrier) from our porch yesterday morning and she confronted the young girl thief out on the sidewalk, got the package back and called the police while following her on foot until the cops came, got her and some of the other members of her "group" claiming to be a youth group selling magazines and admitted most of them have police records and were all dressed in same colors. Now I have to go to court to press charges and mom could have been hurt if that girl had turned on her. What a day that was. The cops love mom now, she even took pictures and they have fingerprints from the box.
I'm just tired from all that's happened. Take care guys, I'll be glad when I get my energy back. Hope you all keep getting better. Best wishes Marta, hope you are ok or at least will be getting better quicker.
Kim
Unread 04-16-2008, 08:48 PM

just wanted to post and let you all know that i did call back the dr's office who transfered me back to ob-gyn and they (the girl answering the phone that is) said its probably just a regular appt to check me out. i am assuming since no one told me something was the matter, then nothing is really up for concern. i will find out on may 8th
well, gotta run
love you all
Unread 04-18-2008, 07:29 PM
Hi ladies

FINALLY got my computer back on line..its been a LONG WEEK...I actually had a nap in my car on Wednesday at lunch time...anyway, now I'm sick. I've got a horrid cough that burns all the way from my stomach up through my throat anyway, all the coughing is really making my incision hurt ...

How is everyone else doing?
Unread 04-18-2008, 08:04 PM

Hi everyone, I haven't posted for ages as I have been busy having fun in FL!!!
Anyway today I realised a bit guiltily that I have forgotton my hystersisters and all the support I got.. I started catching up and read a post from Dans wife asking if I was having fun here in FL and felt even more guilty!
The truth is I feel great. when I got here about 2 weeks ago I was tired and not my self but now 8 weeks post op I am nearly back to normal. I have power walked along the beach, swam laps and really done the mall!!! Everything is half price compared to the UK!!
Weather a bit cloudy but when the sun has come out it is fabulous. Today we were still on the beach at 7 and it was still hot and sunny!
I am glad that most of you are also doing well and sorry of course for those that are still struggling..
I am looking forward to my last week here in the sun! And shops...
XXX
Unread 04-18-2008, 08:10 PM

Curly,

Don't feel guilty, that is great..that is what vacationing is supposed to do..give you FUN...and help you forget..I am glad it is working.

I think everyone has busy lives and we think of this group when we have difficulty/trouble.

Hope you enjoy the remainder of your trip..
Unread 04-18-2008, 08:10 PM

curly, so glad you are having a blast! glad to also hear that you are feeling so good.
dans wife, i hope start feeling better soon. i had been congested and my throat hurting a few days but i am doing better. hope this weekend will refresh you.......
everyone has been so busy, i posted a few days ago and had no replies until today. i realize everyone is moving on........but i hope we post every now and then.
blessings
Unread 04-18-2008, 11:36 PM

Hey sisters,
I had my follow up appointment from when I had that silver nitrate. Well as it turned out I had to get more.....UGH....and this time, he did not just stick it, it seemed he held it there for like 12-15 seconds...it started burning, now I understand the liquid CAUTERIZATION!! OUCH!! Anyway, on the POSTIVE side, he said that I am off of restrictions but stop being super woman if it hurts don't do it. LOL. I said ok. However, I am to take it easy for the next few days (through Monday). I am cramping a little from the silver nitrate. WHIRLPOOL HERE I COME!!!!!!!
How is everyone? My computer has been having issues, I am taking it in, right now I am on my laptop. I have missed you ladies.
Thinking of you,
Peacewins

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register