Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 95 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 04-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Catch Up

Hi sisters,
it is 3am here in the UK. I have had a difficult week. I have read the posts but the spirit would not kick in for me. I had 3 bad days of bleeding last week (after starting HRT0. The doc put me on some real strong antibotics which I do not complete until Tuesday. I have just not felt very well at all.
The fatigue thing is awful. I have never slept so much in my life. The weather here is awful---does not make me want to try and go out.
In a good way, I took comfort from all the threads, as we all seem to be spiking one way or another.
Cynthia / mel /Jo/annD/Kim/Mew---thank you all for being there. I know our threads will get less, but not to less I hope.
Lots of Irish Blessings to you all.
Sheila
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2008, 08:05 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

sheila, i am so sorry that you had such a bad week. i hope that the antibiotics will help and you start feeling better soon. i have missed talking with you. let me pray for you: Father God, I pray for my precious friend Sheila, I pray that you will comfort her and encourage her like only you can. Lord, i pray that you will heal her of this bleeding and the discouragement she feels. Lord, I know that you can make all things work for your glory-allow her to see you working. Lord, i pray for my wonderful friend that you will pour your mercy on her and that she will begin to see light at the end of this tunnel. bring her joy, peace, and hope. thank you Jesus for who you are. i love you and love sheila so i ask your blessings upon her. amen

keep me posted on how you are doing.
Unread 04-19-2008, 11:16 PM

Wow, My husband and I built a house recently and he is putting the gutters on now. He is doing the front half tomorrow. We bought them yesterday/today. I hate Lowes and how large it is. Shew!! I had to chase our cat before we left to put her in her room and wow, what a chase....I had to call my husband to help me....that really did NOT HELP. We bought several things for around the house and then we came home. I know getting out helped but I am exhausted and have swelly belly BIG TIME. I am resting now. I am sorry to hear everyone else is having a hard time. The season of allergies is upon us as well as cold season. I have felt something in my chest the past few days.
Thanks for listening......
Peacewins
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2008, 12:21 AM

I was about to send my message and hit the shift esc key and it vanished.
It's getting late, and I'm getting tired....too tired to erace my entire message. UGH!!!
I was saying.....I'm too still having soreness. By late afternoon/early evening the two incision sites for the bladder sling startes throbbing and my abs start aching. I went for my 7 wk post-op to the Urologist and asked if I should still have pain and discomfort. He said, oh yeah, you'll have tenderness and soreness another 3 months. So it is good to know this is normal. I'm having the drainage and coughing too. The weather is cold/cool rainey one day and warm the next. It's not helping. I'm glad it's not snow. Monica, I hope you thaw out soon!

I don't think I've mentioned it on here, but I'm in the middle of being scheduled for another surgery in about 2 weeks.
My defibrillator/pacemaker device sounded the alarm April 8 around 8:30 AM. We went in to have it interrogated and it was confirmed, it is time to start considering having it replaced. My gyn said is won't affect the healing process from this surgery and he said it's fine with him, if we go ahead with it. I do want to get it over with, but I hope it's not too soon for my body.

It does take a lot of energy to heal. I'm thankful it didn't occur 6 weeks ago. The timing would have not been very good for obvious reasons. I know God is soveriegn and I trust Him to see me through this. In His timing and as He wills it.

It's late and I'm finally going to bed; I hear it calling me.
Tomorrow is another day for healing and I will heal a lot better if I get my rest.

Sending you all blessings!

Pansypen
Unread 04-20-2008, 01:00 AM

Hi ladies,

Wow, I've had quite a few pages of catching up to read. I was away for a few days looking after my sister who had surgery, my job was to provide comfort food, a shoulder to lean on, help her shower and shave her legs for her (I know all too well what it is like to have a forest on your legs and you just can't reach!) I must say I excelled at providing the comfort food.

I return to work in a week so I'm now back to my pre-surgery usually-healthy lifestyle, and I now have the energy and urge (and veggies) to cook healthy dinners.
I've been going to the gym and slowly working my way around the equipment working out what feels comfortable to use. I even bought myself a new pair of trainers this morning although every time I leaned over to do up the shoelaces I went 'ouch'. I don't quite bend like I used to!

Big hugs to everyone, I hope each day is getting a little easier.
Unread 04-20-2008, 11:53 PM

Hi all, Spent the weekend finishing off paving and landscaping and BOY! did I feel it. I was quite tired and achy for most of Sunday. A bit sore through the night, didn't sleep well. Now today I feel good again.:-)

I've been lucky to have an easy recovery and it's good to see everyone else is comming along also. Hip Hip Horay, We are at the good end!!!!

Best wishes to all.

PS.I have to tell you how silly (naturally blonde I am), every time I look at the Icons instead of seeing 'pray' I've been seeing ankles and slippers!!!!Dahhhh
Unread 04-21-2008, 07:01 AM

good morning ladies.
well, i have still been feeling under the weather all weekend but that didn't stop me from functioning. you all know how my saturday went ......sunday i went to church, then out to lunch with my dh and my youngest daughter. we then came home and spent about an hour here while i typed in questions for a game we play during the evening service and headed back to church. i was doing auditions for a play and then we had our evening service. i ended up staying at church talking until almost 8pm. when i got home, dh and i went to the track and i walked a mile. he did two miles at a way faster pace than i did but i am just getting back into walking and didn't want to overdo it. especially since we are suppose to be going again this morning so i can walk and the kids can play tennis. i woke up more congested and with a headache. i would love to have slept in but couldn't. last night i was so tired. i guess that is my biggest problem. i am tired all the time. i did start taking a multivitamin and hope that it will help me. i also am going to try to do turbo jam today ( the beginners for sure- i tried the other one last week and did about a minute of it and had to quit. anyway,
i hope everyone has a great day.
blessings
Unread 04-21-2008, 08:21 AM

Just thought I'd check the posts and see that Amccomb, smcclain, bertha1957, Curlywurly are all cehcking too! Anyone ever see how many of us are reading, yesterday afternoon was the first time I checked and I was the only one! So we are getting sparser and sparser. (is sparser a word?).

I'm at work and already the belly is hurting from sitting too long--I'm going out at lunch and get some walking in, hope that will help. you power walkers out there amaze me. I walk around 2 blocks at home and am ready to lay down and give my belly stretches and rest. I'm just not there yet.

Happy Monday! (yeah right )
Unread 04-21-2008, 09:22 AM

shep, i know what you mean! i used to be able to walk a few miles and not have a problem at all. now, i walked a mile yesterday and i was just worn out. not that i couldn't walk because my legs hurt or anything.....just felt pooped! i guess it will just take time. i do want to go walk again today. we didn't make it this morning. i did walk back in forth in front of my house today for about an hour talking to my sister on the phone....maybe that can be considered exercise!! (hehe)
well, i don't see many people on her but every now and then i think almost everyone is checking in........hope we don't lose this completely........i reallly miss hearing from everyone. i check every day or other day........
let me pray for you all:
Father God, i pray for all of my sisters. i know that many have gone back to their normal lives and are trying to get past it, i pray that you will bless them with energy, peace and comfort. i pray that they will be able to feel you working in their lives. Lord, for those that are still struggling, i pray that you will bring them your peace beyond measure. i pray that you will heal their bodies miraclously that they would see your hand at work. Lord, for those of us who are like me......doing better but still having "not great days", who are tired and not back 100%, i pray that you will bless us all with comfort and with continued healing......i pray that you will show us your glory in our health and in our lives. Lord, i pray for sheila, i know she needs you more than ever right now, i pray that you will show her light at the end of this tunnel, that you would reassure her like only you can. i love you Lord and thank you for your faithfulness to us. i pray all these things in your precious name. amen

blessings my dear friends, i love you all
Unread 04-21-2008, 11:32 AM

Hi Sisters!

Gosh, it's good to read and catch-up on everybody. Sorry you're under the weather, Sheila. I pray it passes soon and you're feeling sunny again. I return to work tomorrow for a half shift. DH and I have been busy preparing for a move to the NW, getting our professional licensure applications out and resumes online. I've had a couple of interviews; pray it goes well for us! I got to spend last week with dh who had some outpatient surgery. He's doing really well. I've been more active wih my walking, but am having a hard time doing the 10 crunches per day I was okayed to do! Since our cleaning lady wasn't doing a good job, hubby and I decided to do it ourselves yesterday. Thankfully, he took the bend-over-the-dog-to-wash-him task, as it is still difficult to be bent over for any length of time! Anyway, my best to you all. God bless you Lynn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register