Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 96 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 04-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Shep and Mew,
I swam for 15 minutes yesterday - just used my feet not my arms and I am so sore today (way more than usual). I broke down this morning in total frustration. I really don't feel I am doing much but my muscles are just not cooperating.
What do you do when you get frustrated with all of this?
Monica
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2008, 12:37 PM

I have been checking in but not posting because I have been really busy!
I am doing pretty well and glad to hear most of you are as well! I am getting back to working out and it feels great! I hope to start seeing some weight drop soon.
Hair loss is getting better too! I started HRT last week so maybe that has helped. Haven't really noticed and other changes. Still having hot flashes!

Dh and I went to see Billy Joel in concert last night with some friends and it was a blast. We went out to dinner too! I have given up red meat for a while - not had any since surgery - and it makes it hard sometimes to find something tasty at a restaurant - my DH loves steak houses. Last night I had a FANTASTIC piece of fish with lobster and avacodo sauce! It was soooo great! Anyone else out there not eating red meat? I am hoping that it will help with the hormones and also with the weight loss.

Anyway - I need to get back to working on the computer! Hope all is well - I'll check-in later!
Amy
Unread 04-21-2008, 03:47 PM

hi all
monlee, i still am struggling with not being myself but i just keep going and rest when i need to. i thank God that i am doing as well as i am and pray that i will continue to progress. i really want to get to walking more but like i said earlier-i am just tired all the time. this afternoon i was sitting watching tv and just fell asleep like that. last night, i was on the computer and couldn't keep my eyes open. i try to rest when my body needs it because i know that i have lots coming up in june and july and want to be much better by then......only way to get there is one day at a time......resting when i can.............hope this helps you.
glad everyone else seems to be on track going somewhere.
blessings to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2008, 07:19 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Hello to all my Hyster Sisters!

I can see that things are winding down on this thread with everyone and getting back into the swing of things. I thought I'd check in with everyone and see how they're doing. I don't get on here as much as I used to, like others, but it's good to read up on everyone's progress.

The last couple of weeks have been alright. My little DS got that bad flu that is going around here, and I had to take 3 days off to be with him. Wasn't I doing this over 2 weeks ago - staying home? Anyhoo, he's doing better - he's still got a nasty little cough, but even that is subsiding. He managed to make it to his First Communion this past Saturday. It's so cute seeing all of them dressed up and looking so holy!

I've been getting some pains in my abdomen these past few days. Nothing major. They mostly occur at the end of the day, near and around my incision area. Also this morning the top of my right leg felt numb - this is the first time this has occurred. It went away after I got up and moved around. I remember reading somewhere that this occurs occasionally, but I don't recall what the cause of it is. Other bodily functions seems to be doing well, which is a good thing. I'm just a little concerned that after spending so much time with my sick little one that I might catch a bit of what he had, also. Better start drinking the orange juice!

I found out last week that I'll be having some visitors from Canada during the first week of May! My DH's sister and her husband decided that they needed a break from the cold Canadian weather and will be with us for 4 days. This will be the second out of 3 sisters that I have met from his side of the family. Of course, they want us to come up and visit them - but we really need to get on the ball and get our passports before we can do that!

In addition, my sister and her family will be spending the last week of May with us. My BIL will be retiring from the Air Force this summer, and they're currently in the process of trying to find a place to settle down in, depending on the job opportunities. So far, they've narrowed their locales to staying in Washington DC, Oklahoma City, or back home to San Diego. If I had my way, it would be back here. I miss my little nephews so much!

Mew - I totally understand about wanting to feel better. Despite the fact that we're all now about 10 weeks out from our surgery, it still is a relatively short time of recovery. With God's grace, He continues to strengthen us, in His own time. Continue to listen to your body and rest when you can.

Amy - wow! Billy Joel! That must've been a great concert! I saw him with Elton John back when they toured together at Qualcomm Stadium about 15 years ago. He's also one of my DH's favorite artists! I don't eat much red meat during the week myself, and it has definitely helped my digestive tract. Give me chicken, fish, or pork anytime! (wait..is pork a 'red meat?')

Monica - I know how frustrating it is not having your muscles work the way you want them to. Maybe you're trying too much too soon. Just do what you can, and I'm sure thing will start working better for you! Besides, you can certainly strengthen your legs while you're waiting for your arms to start kicking in!

Lynn - good luck with your interviews! Prayers going up to you!

Pansy - keep us updated on your upcoming surgery! It's good you got the ok from your doc.

Shep, Molly, sunflower and to all the rest of my sisters - continued good healing and recovery!

God bless to all of you!
Unread 04-22-2008, 07:56 AM

What do I do when I get frustrated with slow healing and new stray pains? I check here! You all are my solace, knowing I'm not going through this by myself is a big comfort. Darn pains came up last night after we went grocery shopping. With fuel prices so high we are stocking up on the staples in bulk that are heavy since their shipping costs will be going up so will their prices. Now when there are sales we buy 2 or 3 or more and put them back. Can't stock the freezer too much since hurricane season (and power failures) will be here in a month or so. At least I don't worry about getting damages--this area was blessed by Native Americans a long time ago and it's been wokring so far--geography helps--hurricanes pretty much have to make a u-turn to hit us full strength. not impossible, but very unlikely.

Lynn what licensure? I have been trying to sell my house so I can move to the NW but realize I'm probably stuck here another year. I'll soon have my Architecture license and love the work done up there. Where are you going? I love Portland and want to visit Vancouver, BC very much.

I'm sorry to hear I'm not alone in these pain flare-ups, it must be part of the process we just didn't know about. But it's true 10 weeks is still a pretty short time considering all the stitches and cuts healing inside of us all.

I'm just ready to move on. (sigh)

Good to read so many having a great time--I hope to be joining you soon!

Kim
Unread 04-22-2008, 09:00 AM

Hi to all!

Tonks, you're so sweet to mention me! I hope you don't get sick with the flu, that would be terrible! Keep up the orange juice. You have so much going on already, healing, and getting ready for company to arrive. I hope your guests will pitch in and help you while visiting. Please take it easy.

Hey, remember the commercials back in the 90's, or some time in history! that pork is [/i]"The other white meat",....[i]I wouldn't class it with chicken or fish. Pork is hard on the digestive tract; I'm not jewish, but it kind of turns my stomach when I hear what you may be ingesting. I eat it once in a while.....I do like barbecue!

Mew, I'm sorry you are having low energy....maybe your body is adjusting to all you've been through. It truly is like two steps forward and three steps back during the recovery process. We think we are at the finish line and it keeps moving, inching forward, and we just can't reach it.

I had a good day yesterday; I would say, for the the first time since surgery. I actually drove the car, couldn't believe it started after sitting up so long. I cleaned out the flower beds, the soil was moist so it was easy to de-grass and de-weed, I swept out the garage, etc... It felt so good being outside.

The achey belly returned by late afternoon and became uncomfortable again. It was in my left side where the left ovary and fallopian tube was removed.

I am struggling with depression. I don't understand what is going on with me. I feel like the walls are closing in on me, suffocating feeling. I think it really started when my device sounded the low battery alarm and I had to switch from focusing on healing to facing another surgery. I'm caught in the middle and it's weighing me down. It's a setback and I'm struggling with it. I feel like I needed more time in between, even though the timing could have been a lot worse.

Mentally, it's like a tug of war and I have to really fight to focus on praying. Once I do pray, God's peace floods through me. I keep calling out to Jesus to help me and I know He is going to see me through. I need to get back into fellowship with my church. The sweet worship and hearing God's Word proclaimed is what I need. I want my pre-hyst life back without interruptions. Jumping in with both feet and moving forward is what I would love to do. I need to accept this bump in the road.

Take care everyone and get well soon!!!

Pansy
Unread 04-22-2008, 09:08 AM

hey pansy
i know what you mean about the sweet worship and fellowship. i have felt much better since i have been able to be at church. i know that God doesnt need us to be in church but you and i both know how much it renews us when we are. if you can't make it-does your church make recordings of the service? maybe they can do that for you. i started listening to my worship music and just enjoying God's grace. Praying is such a relief for me as well.
just keep focussing on God and He will get you through it.
i have to go now but know that i am thinking of you
Unread 04-22-2008, 03:06 PM
I found my sisters!

Hi sisters!
I'm so glad to have found all of the posts and catch up on how you all are. I looked up Marta and sent her a private post last night. I have been back to work for 2 weeks now and its like I was never off! People say stuff like "don't pick that up" but its not stopping them from piling on the work! My first week back we had a major report due and this week I'm working on another event! During the day while I am working I do not realize how tired I've become, but when I get home I crash. I have not even turned on the computer and barely watch tv or cook.

Its so good to "hear" from all of you!

Marta, I'm sorry you are not well and pray you will be better soon.

Pansy, I'm so sorry you have to have another surgery, but I know that you are a strong woman and that you will come thru this. I am praying that the depression will subside and if you are like me, when summer begins and I see the sunshine, it makes me feel a little brighter even tho my troubles are still hanging around.

Kim, Tonks, Lynn, Amy, Irish....
I know that we are all still healing and traveling the road to wellness, but its just good to read about what's happening with you.

Well, at work now and need to finish my report. I just want to say that I am so glad to have connected with you all and that I love and have really missed our daily "chats". Promise to check in sooner and don't forget....the best is yet to come!
Unread 04-22-2008, 03:21 PM

hi all. well i am still dealing with congestion but i am not worse, so yippee!!!
this afternoon i have been working on my mailing list for my son's graduation announcements. i am amazed at how many people we know good enough to want to share this news with them. many of them are supportive of home schooling, some just don't understand. i am hoping many will come to the graduation service. it will be a wonderful opportunity for us to showcase God's grace and provision. He led us to homeschooling and even though i havent' been the best teacher God takes our best (or weakest) and uses it for His glory. My son was accepted to the college of his choice (which is a top tier school) and has gotten more than 1/2 of his tuition paid for so far. he is still working on outside scholarships. anyway, God has revealed himself to us as Jehovah Jirah ( God provides). The ceremony will be based on all of that. my dh and i will share about brandon and our experience, then brandon will give a speech and then we will present him with his diploma. we will close with a commissioning service sending Brandon out into the world. now that i am writing this, i wonder if i already told you all this. sorry if i am repeating myself. i am just so excited about it.
well, i am so glad to hear from all of you.....i am glad more are checking in and posting when you can.
have a blessed night.....idol comes on tonight so i plan on hanging out here and watching tv.
blessings ladies
Unread 04-22-2008, 04:43 PM

Mew,

Oh what a blessing!!! Congratulations!!

What an accomplishment that you, with your husband, will hand Brandon his diploma. It's worth repeating and I'm glad you did. It is such a blessing to see God bring to fruition what He started...to see Him work in your life and to know you didn't do it all by yourself, that His hand is upon your family.

I know it was a lot of hard work and discipline. God graciously worked in you the ability to lead and teach, and also in Brandon's desire to work hard and want to learn. Now He is blessing your corporate work with admission into a top college. Wow, praise the Lord.

Thank you for sharing your faith. It builds us up in the Lord faith- to- faith to hear your testimony. Yes, He is Jehovah Jireh and we have so much to be thankful for.

To God be the glory great things He has done!

Pansy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register