Strange achiness around the vagina? 7 wks post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Strange achiness around the vagina? 7 wks post op Strange achiness around the vagina? 7 wks post op

Unread 02-18-2008, 01:15 AM
Strange achiness around the vagina? 7 wks post op

okay, I am a lil over 7 weeks post-op. I had a Laparascopic Assisted vaginal hysterectomy and kept my left ovary. I felt GREAT after surgery, piece of ...I felt so good my Mom was still afraid maybe I was doing too much. My 2 incisions (belly button and bikini line) from the laparascope were not healing at 3 weeks, so I was kept out of work another 2 weeks. ( I manage a very busy restaurant where I literally work my arse off!) Within a day of doctor keeping me out of work another 2 1/2 weeks...each incision basically rejected a knotted bit of stitch and the incisions closed up. so that was ALL the problems I encountered. I went back to work 6 weeks to the day after surgery.

my challenge....things just feel "achy" down there. and I don't mean to be graphic...but kinda like I've been having sex all night long kind of soreness...its more noticebale when I am sitting/driving. i dunno, just feels like my vagina is wore out! and its NOT! My doctor won't let me have sex for 12 weeks!!!! I'm trying to think of how to describe the pain...its not throbbing, not sharp pain, its not deep inside...its literally at the vaginal opening and surrounding areas....doesn't HURT..just bothersome and I am very aware!!
any ideas? maybe its my subconscious having phantom pains from WISHING I had been up all night long having vigorous sex! lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2008, 05:46 AM

have you had your dr check you for a yeast infection or bacterial vaginitis? you might not have the typical symptoms but i never did either. i hope you feel better soon.
Unread 02-18-2008, 06:40 AM

IT could also be that any bruising or stretching from the vaginal part of your LAVH just hasn't recovered. My genital area was is still a little swollen and achy at 7 weeks after a TVH. I've never given birth, so I don't know how long it takes for everything to come back to "normal" .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2008, 07:13 AM

Hi TeresaB,
I have a similar sensation, although I'm just coming up on 3 weeks post op. I believe it is from swelling. I can make it go away by lying flat for a while, but it comes back if I'm up for a while, particularly if I am walking or standing a lot. Definitely talk to your doc about it though. I used to feel like that all the time because of my prolapse and was worried after the surgery because I was feeling the same way and thought maybe the surgery didn't work, but the last time I saw my doc he said everything was well supported so it must just be a normal post op thing.
Unread 02-18-2008, 04:22 PM

I am so glad you asked about this. I too am having this pain.
I see my Dr for my 6wk on Friday.
It hurts to sit, and doesn't get better when I lay down.
It sounds like something that we just have to go thru.
L
Unread 02-19-2008, 12:09 AM

thank you for your responses. I haven't really thought about asking the doctor I suppose because its not really PAINful, just feels a lil UNcomfortable. and it usually does go away after I lay down. It is alot more noticeable while sitting, and especially when I am on the toilet....I don't think its a bladder thing...and I never had a prolapsed uterus, but it makes me think if I did, thats what it feels like. I guess I should call the doctor just in case something is out of whack. and I'm glad I'm not alone! I hope that means its normal and temporary!!

I have to ride 3 1/2 hours to Columbia, SC tomorrow for a business meeting and then back home to Tennessee. I hope I make the trip well!

thanks again and queenbee793, let me know what your doctor says. I won't be able to talk to mine till next week.

~Teresa B
Unread 02-19-2008, 12:13 AM

you know bluekitty,
For some reason It never even occurred to me...until I read your reply...that they really did remove everything vaginally!! I suppose things might've gotten stretched out a bit....I mean when we have a pap smear done and the doctor puts that ( i can never remember what its called) thingy in and opens it! so during surgery ...it stays open a bit longer than for a pap smear.

patience just is not my virtue!!

~still stretched out and a lil sore in Tennessee
Unread 03-26-2008, 05:34 PM

Teresa, I was going to post a question about this. I am 3 months post op next week and am experiencing the same thing! I had a yeast infection 3 weeks ago and used a prescrip for cream for two weeks. But I am convinced that this isn't yeast any longer. It is definitely a sore sensation right around the opening and for me it feels like it is a little inside too. I'm trying to hold off until next week for my post op appointment. As I had the "heavy duty" stitches that don't dissolve for 3 months, I'm thinking that may have something to do with it, as I have noticed little dots of blood on toilet paper this week and think maybe some of the stitches are coming out.
I've been following all the rules too-no exercise, no baths and no sex.
Unread 03-27-2008, 09:08 AM

I am now 8 wks post op and having the same pains and every now and then I get a sharp pain with it. Unfortunately I think it's all part of the healing process, this certainly has not been a fast recovery!
LAVH/BSO
Unread 03-27-2008, 09:47 AM

I have this same sensation. You're right... it's not so much a pain as a feeling. Maybe it's just nerves coming back to life and swelling going away. I had TVH.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register