I'm not positive if I | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm not positive if I I'm not positive if I

Unread 02-18-2008, 06:10 AM
I'm not positive if I

I just don't remember for sure if I did tell in my profile that I have been through menopause for a little over 3 years now.
Early, mainly due to anti-seizure meds.

Have others gone through such after hysterectomy after menopause?

I am having so many feelings and expierences after my surgery like I was going through during pre-menopause, hot flashes, temper flares, I was able to when I was angry not shed those tears after menopause, now since surgery I don't just say what I am angry or upset or frustrated and more about and not cry and now the tears will flow again like a river when I am.

Is it because of most of my female organs being removed even after hysterectomy, All I have left know are my tubes and one ovary.

I was being able to have better control over my temper, which became so bad as a result of my brain surgery and PDSD , from seeing a counselor every week and now it is full blown force all over again.

I just feel like I have to start all over again in getting control over my temper, and the shedding of tears over the slightest little thing that angers or upsets me.

I know I had more questions, however me and my memory can't remember them at this time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2008, 07:13 AM
I'm not positive if I

(((IdothebestIcan)))
It sounds like your remaining ovary is still in shock from the surgery. We often see women who have been through menopause already go through those symptoms again after surgery. It happened to me too and I kept both my ovaries. It's kind of revealing as to how much residual hormones are released by the ovaries even after menopause.

Try not to worry about the emotional upheavals that are happening right now. You are very early in your recovery and it can take a few weeks for the hormones to balance out again, but they usually do. This is one of the reasons we encourage members to pamper the princess. Recovery is often emotional for many reasons. We're all a little different in how we respond to surgery, but back away from the things that stress you out and make you cry. Give yourself permission to be a little weepy and I think you'll find things will get better as you go along.

Keep us updated on your progress. We're great listeners and always good for a hug.
's, Rita
Unread 02-18-2008, 08:04 AM
I'm not positive if I

I had my surgery 5 weeks ago today and I went through menopause about 8 years ago. Imagine my surprise when I had nightsweats for the very first time in my life since surgery. I believe it was Rita who assured me that it is normal and not to be too upset.

As I was typing this I just got a call from my surgeon/gyn that my culture was positive for a UTI and I will have to go and pick up an antibiotic from the pharmacy. This is really my first and only set back since the operation. I will deal with it.

Good luck on your recovery and ask away any time a question comes to mind.

Kay

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register