body temp is all over the place! Normal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

body temp is all over the place! Normal? body temp is all over the place! Normal?

Unread 02-18-2008, 02:59 PM
body temp is all over the place! Normal?

I don't know if any of you are experiencing this but I am having body temperature problems, BIG TIME!! I am HOT and then I am COLD and then I am sweating while I am cold. I almost feel like I am coming down with a virus, but I am not. Any suggestions? is Ths normal?

I am miserable. I am hoping that someboday out there can give me some advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2008, 03:16 PM

Maybe its hormones. Did you keep your ovaries?
Unread 02-18-2008, 03:26 PM

I would say you are having Hot Flashes. Even if you kept your ovaries you can still experience them till the ovaries kick back in. If you didn't keep them and are on HRT you may want to call the Dr. for an adjustment in HRT.
They are miserable hang in there.

Best Wishes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2008, 03:44 PM

I am having this problem too I can be cold on outside and then get a warm to hot feeling coming from inside its very strange feeling!I have nothing left they took it all
Unread 02-18-2008, 04:22 PM

are you on any hormone replacement? if not, you might want to discuss it with your dr. if you are, you might need an adjustment. it sounds like menopause symptoms. did you keep your ovaries? i did, and had hot flashes and night sweats for about 2 weeks until my ovaries started working at 100% again. if youre very uncomfortable you should probably call your dr and talk to him about it.
Unread 02-19-2008, 07:43 AM

I had a similar experience - and I am two weeks post op today and i think my ovary is finally picking up some of the slack. I still have a little bit of sweat at night - but not nearly as bad as it was at first. My emotions are starting to even out I think (hope!)
Unread 02-19-2008, 09:22 AM

I had the hot and cold thing for the first couple of weeks, and then it evened out (I kept one ovary). Another thing I noticed during week one was if I was up and around too much, I'd run a really high fever and feel flu like symptoms. It happened twice and it was horrible. I think my body was in shock or something. As soon as I took ibuprophen and rested for a few hours, my temp would come down.

Good luck to you - it really does get easier!
Unread 02-19-2008, 09:59 AM

I have the same thing. I am 3 weeks post op. I am not on HRT yet due to endo. I have been taking black kohosh and it has helped a lot, but I still have the flashes. Just not as often.I was ready to throw in towel the first week and call the doctor and beg for some hormones.
Unread 02-19-2008, 10:42 AM

I too have the same problem but I also have Parkinson's disease andu just talked with my neurologist who told me that when you take an antibiotic that it can lower the blood levels (something like that), that is why I don't give much advice, because my little brain will not let me remember anything. He went on to say it could be hormonal or it could also be related to my parkinsons meds wearing off due to the antibiotic I am taking. I don't know if this helps you, but best wishes, because, you are right, it is not fun at all.

Candy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register