At Home Support system (kids mentioned) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

At Home Support system (kids mentioned) At Home Support system (kids mentioned)

Unread 02-18-2008, 06:43 PM
At Home Support system (kids mentioned)

So, here I am stuck in WINTER blahs.......
everyone says I am edgy? I just had MAJOR surgery and I feel as if my 2 kids expect me to be up and bouncing around again? I kinda overdid it yesterday, went grocery shopping and had to pick up a prescription, I did some mild lifting, nothing really heavy. my kids are home all day, its miserable outside, I have no 'close friends' that have time to chat as they are all busy waiting on their families hand & foot I feel like I want to be alone and wallow in my loss OR, be pampered, when i'm not doing laundry, dishes or breaking up arguments between my kids
part of me WANTS to go back to the hospital because I did not have to do anything!, I even got a sponge bath

So, do any of you feel so alone in this and wishing you could run away to some make believe place where YOU would be the one who is served 100% at least until the Dr. clears you ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2008, 08:24 PM

HI,
I think we all feel the same as you are feeling now and again. I was in the hospital for 5 days and everyone one was so wonderful too me and pampered me so much. I had my own room and could sleep and sleep and sleep and ring my bell when I needed something. Then I come home and actually for the first week to two weeks my family was very supportive, of course my 3 year old did not understand but my son who is 17 was so helpful and my husband was more nurturing then I have ever seen. We had a football party here at the house because I just couldn't leave and that was hard I did too much and paid for it. I ended up sick the entire next day and sore and so very tired. I am today 6 weeks post op and doing much better now get no help hardly the husband has returned to his old selfish self My son doesn't have enough time for me anymore and my daughter the 3 year old well lets just say she is 3. I just do what I can, I still have good days and bad and feel productive some and tired the next. I have had days recently that I still over do it and then pay the entire next day. I say pamper yourself!! I went out the other day bought a new purse and some boots and today two of the cutest tops. I decided I was not cooking tonight because I don't want to clean the kitchen tomorrow so I bought KFC. Good luck and do what you can and let the rest go. Take care of yourself!!
Unread 02-18-2008, 08:42 PM

Oh yes, aren't holidays fun, where everyone is home one more day to bicker and drive you nuts My 10 year old still doesn't really get it that mom isn't up to snuff. 16 year old was great for the first couple of weeks, but is back to slacking off and acting annoyed when I ask her to do something. Hubby was great if I asked for something specific, but he basically used the time off to chop an entire tree into fire wood and work out in the gym, instead of taking over the household chores. Now the house is disgusting because no one has been properly cleaning so it is all accumulating and will take a major work over to get back to clean and no one thinks anything is amiss. AAAARRRRGGGGG!!!!

As for friends, we moved recently so I know no one in my neighborhood.

Yep, I totally get it. I'd like to run away too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2008, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy_owl
Oh yes, aren't holidays fun, where everyone is home one more day to bicker and drive you nuts My 10 year old still doesn't really get it that mom isn't up to snuff. 16 year old was great for the first couple of weeks, but is back to slacking off and acting annoyed when I ask her to do something. Hubby was great if I asked for something specific, but he basically used the time off to chop an entire tree into fire wood and work out in the gym, instead of taking over the household chores. Now the house is disgusting because no one has been properly cleaning so it is all accumulating and will take a major work over to get back to clean and no one thinks anything is amiss. AAAARRRRGGGGG!!!!

As for friends, we moved recently so I know no one in my neighborhood.

Yep, I totally get it. I'd like to run away too!
Snowy, I'm thinking your need to hire a maid service for that big cleaning. DH can pick up the tab on that one.

Let your daughter act annoyed, as long as she does what you ask her. They live for the angst of it all anyway.
Unread 02-19-2008, 04:46 AM

Hey y'all,

I feel for you. My kids are all teens, so I don't have to deal with that so much. I just wish they would see a need and take care of it without me having to ask. If I do give them 1,2,3 directions they are all over it. The oldest will even delegate to the younger too. LOL.

DH is great. He just gets side-tracked with his little projects.

We're keeping up on stuff. I'll get to the spit shine when I feel like it and that won't be until March at the earliest.
Unread 02-19-2008, 06:20 AM

I think there should be such a thing as a HYSTER-SISTER RECOVERY RESORT where sisters go for the first 6 weeks of their recovery. Wouldn't it be nice to lounge around, being waited on hand a foot. Get shoulder, back, leg rubs. Have someone to fluff your pillows, etc etc etc.
Come on ... we're women... We deserve it!!
Unread 02-19-2008, 06:25 AM

Tara:
I really , really like your idea.... That would be great... Light massages for the neck aches... heated towels for the body aches, lounge chairs that lift you up when you want so you don't have to strain... I vote for that.
Unread 02-19-2008, 06:33 AM

Tara,
I like the recovery resort idea! I would want one more thing though, before you go home, a cleaning crew swarms your house and takes all the ick away,

Allie,
Great idea, but in reality, I know it won't happen
Unread 02-19-2008, 10:42 AM

A Resort would be so great. And even better if insurance has to pay for it!
I have to say I can't complain in the "family helping" dept. I explained to the children (11,15,17) that I need six weeks to get better. If I start too soon it will take longer. I'm a stay-at-home mom and do spoil my family. That was enough for them. They have gone above and beyond helping out. They like it much better when I am taking care of them but with DH leadership they really have stepped up to the plate. My DH has never spoiled me by taking care of me before so it is a side that I have never seen and truly do appreciate! I wish all of you well.
Unread 02-19-2008, 01:20 PM

Yay! i'm up to the resort idea! yesterday, I reminded my kids of an episode of 'The Simpson's' (this was in the '90s before they were born) where Marge gets fed up with her family's demands on her and Homer ONLY notices that she is missing when he see's her on a TV commercial for a place called 'Rancho Relaxo' LOLL a place for women ONLY where they get massages etc... all by cute guys! LOL
here's to my fellow Sisters!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register