Vagina ligaments hitched too tight? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vagina ligaments hitched too tight? Vagina ligaments hitched too tight?

Unread 02-19-2008, 07:56 AM
Vagina ligaments hitched too tight?

It's been 5 months since my surgery-everything out except my vagina. I have internal pelvic tenderness and swelling with simple activities - with only 4 minutes on an eliptical machine at the gym, with stretching that involves any pull on my pelvic area, with garden work that involves bending and kneeling.

I suspect it has something to do with the way the vagina and ligaments were secured? The pulling is felt equally on both sides and the discomfort shows up a couple of hours after the activity. It takes about a week to go away. Then I try something again and the pain starts all over again.

Will this ever go away? Would I need surgery again to fix? Is there something else I should know?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2008, 09:18 AM

I don't know if I can help, but I have had tremendous pain in both sides and I suspect you are on to something... I did ask my doc. how the vagina stayed in place and he said they took the ligament from the uterus and attached it.. I will be looking forward to seeing other responses here. It seems us women have to figure these things out for ourselves as the doctors just know the technical stuff and not how we feel after they get done playing in there.
Unread 02-19-2008, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karinakr
It's been 5 months since my surgery-everything out except my vagina. I have internal pelvic tenderness and swelling with simple activities - with only 4 minutes on an eliptical machine at the gym, with stretching that involves any pull on my pelvic area, with garden work that involves bending and kneeling.

I suspect it has something to do with the way the vagina and ligaments were secured? The pulling is felt equally on both sides and the discomfort shows up a couple of hours after the activity. It takes about a week to go away. Then I try something again and the pain starts all over again.

Will this ever go away? Would I need surgery again to fix? Is there something else I should know?
I am having the same thing. Constant ache and back pain. I went to Dr. last week he says everything should be healed by now. No explantion for the pain. This is new pain that started about 5 weeks post op and hasn't let up. Heating pad helps Get up 1 hr earlier before work just so I can sit in hot tub and use heating pad and stretch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2008, 06:49 PM

My doctor may not know about my pain with activity. The surgery doctor never returned to work after my surgery. I heard that she has neck problems. I mentioned it to one of the other doctors but I had two other problems at the time which may have been causing the problems, so I waited for those situations to get better. My estrogen patch had not worked and my interior tissues were gray instead of pink. I went on Premarin pills instead. The gynecologist said that estrogen is thought to help with blood flow. In one week they were impressed that my tissues had returned to pink. I also had the cuff seperate and had to wait for that to heal again. So, I'm left with significant pain although not as severe as prior to the estrogen change. My pain is internal and more in the front. I have to believe that those ligaments are way too tight. When I go back in a month, I'll talk with them again about the pain. I am also going to ask for my surgery records and get a second opinion elsewhere if I don't feel comfortable with their answers. I wouldn't stand for no explanation of the pain, as your doctor said.
Unread 02-20-2008, 07:42 PM

karinakr: I have had pain inside and right above the pubic area in addition to the back pain . The doctor gave me premarin cream to use to help with the vaginal pain, I have been on premarin 1.25 since surgery, Said if I still had pain in a month to come back. I have gotten back to playing tennis and the running around on the court makes bad go to worse. I am tired of thinking about why I still hurt I just want it to stop. The nurse mentioned that adhesions could be the culprit. Wonder if they get better on their own ?
Unread 03-29-2008, 11:29 AM
Low estrogen=low blood flow=may create pain

It's been 6 mos. since my surgery and every day I have pelvic pain, more and less depending upon the amount of estrogen in my system. My gyne told me estrogen may be linked to better blood flow and this may greatly affect me, but not everyone. I never had this problem until my ovaries were taken out. A patch didn't work, and Premarin 1.25 helped, but also caused some breast pain and perhaps some pelvic wall inflammation. I almost jumped off the gynecologist's exam table and had pain for the rest of the day, following my pelvic exam. Since then I'm taking estradiol 2mg and the breast inflammation seems to be gone. Still, I am totally dependent on taking the estrogen 2x day, totallying 2mg. (I break the pill in half). I'm now experimenting with 1/2 pill, 3x per day, to determine if better with more estrogen. It has improved a bit, but it's not OK. My doctor will allow me to increase the dosage and I will be calling her soon to do just that. (I think the Premarin, also split in half, delivered better blood flow in the initial fews hours, but the breast inflammation is not a good thing.)
Worse than this pain is a "pulled-a-muscle-like pain" if I overdo things like stretching or any activity that connects to my pelvic region. It causes spasming and pain that can last up to a week. This is also probably due to low blood flow, as the tissues can't stretch and may micro-tear. Initially, when I was using the patch that didn't work, and my internal tissues were gray instead of pink (blood flow problem), just a simple stretch caused severe pain. There are other subtle things going on elsewhere in my body because of the lesser blood flow. I have more wrinkles around my mouth and eyes, as if I was a smoker. My hands are more frail looking. I have achey joint and muscle pain....and more. Prior to surgery I was on Kariva, 10x the amount of estrogen I am now on. Docs are reluctant to give me more estrogen because of breast cancer potential. I would rather take my chances with that, than the daily effects I'm now encountering.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register