What to ask at Surgeon #1 at Pre-op for my TOT Sling & Anterior repair? Help! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What to ask at Surgeon #1 at  Pre-op for my TOT Sling & Anterior repair? Help! What to ask at Surgeon #1 at Pre-op for my TOT Sling & Anterior repair? Help!

Unread 02-19-2008, 03:26 PM
What to ask at Surgeon #1 at Pre-op for my TOT Sling & Anterior repair? Help!

I am having a TVH with TOT sling and anterior repair in 3weeks. (Phew...wiping the sweat of my brow ) THIS Thursday I will have my first of 3 Pre-op appointments (2 surgeons and hospital)

I have all my questions ready (thanks to Hystersisters checklist!!) for my GYN that is doing my TVH at my 2nd Pre-op appointment NEXT Thurdsay.

But the 2nd surgeon, URO/GYN is doing my bladder sling and anterior repair after my uterus is removed...as I understand and didn't really dawn on me till right now I have no clue of what to ask her about that portion of the surgery. The only thing I can think of is weight restrictions?

Any one have any advise would be tremendously helpful!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2008, 08:27 PM

No suggestions from anyone??
Unread 02-20-2008, 08:13 AM

I posted this question on the Special Support forum also hoping for some advise but no luck so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2008, 10:14 AM

With the repairs I had done, which were several, I have a lot of restrictions.
I'm only a little over two weeks out, and I am supposed to wait until week 12 to resume all activities. I think sex is the only one I am cleared for at week 6. I'm not sure if it is because of my prolapse or the repairs, but I'm not supposed to lift anything more than 5 pounds, no housework like vacuuming because of the pulling and pushing, or carring laundry, and not to be on my feet for very long for 3 months. Anyway, I would say to ask about weight restrictions, exercise, sex, housework.
Unread 02-20-2008, 10:25 AM

Thank you so much!!! Any info helps me feel more prepared.

I am getting really nervous. As of tomorrow it will be like a blink with all the Dr's pre-ops during the next couple of weeks. I actually didn't know I needed anterior repair until I saw my FMLA paperwork so I am eager to talk to her.
Unread 02-21-2008, 07:38 AM

I am very pleased with the results of the LAVH and TOT I had in March. A couple of questions I wish I had asked are, one explain how the TOT is done I was surprised where the incisions are, two ask the Urologist when he/she is going to arrive in the OR my Urologist was late for his part of my surgery.
Best wishes
Ok2Day
Unread 02-21-2008, 07:53 AM

Thanks, I will add those to my list. When I get back today I will make sure to post a list of question specific to the sling portion.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register