Swelly belly at one year post-op? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Swelly belly at one year post-op? Swelly belly at one year post-op?

Unread 02-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Swelly belly at one year post-op?

I am 1 year post-op and I feel like I am 7 months pregnant. It has been one heck of a year too. I have been so depressed, I have no energy. I must admit that I have not been exercising like I should; however, this "belly" is just ridiculous. I think someone else wrote that it theirs was sort of high up. That is exactly how mine is. I have NEVER had a belly like this. It sits just below my breasts. I don't know if it is a hormonal thing, a menopausal thing or just a lazy thing. I have my ovaries, but no cervix. I don't take any hormone supplements and I don't know if I should. PLEASE tell me if any of you are experiencing this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2008, 08:53 PM

Hi Between5&19.. I am going into 5wks TVH and i too feel like i am 7 months pregnant!! I totally know where your coming from and i hope we both get some relief soon. Best wishes
Unread 02-19-2008, 03:01 PM

Between5&19

I'm so sorry you're still experiencing this at a year post-op, but you'll find you're not alone and I hope some ladies will be along soon to share.

In the meantime, if you try a "search" (click third from the right on the purple bar, towards the top of this page), you'll find many posts to read through. Here's a link to one thread to start you off: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...lly+belly+year.

Sending all good wishes. Take care!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2008, 06:51 PM
Belly Trouble

Hey, I am new at this but I had my hysterectomy about 3 months ago. My belly is still swollen, but mostly at the bottom. I was wondering also if I should still be so tender and sore across the lower part of my belly, just under my belly button. The incision doesn;t hurt but above it does. Is this normal?
Unread 02-20-2008, 01:53 PM

Buffy Anne....I came to this site today with the exact same problem as you are experiencing. My surgery was Nov 20, a TAH. Though in most aspects I have done great, the tenderness in my belly just seems to be getting worse instead of better. It's weird, like if my belly inadvertently touches the countertop while cooking, it hurts. I've also been having some sharp pains around my incision, which seems weird since that area healed very quickly. The pains feel the same now as they did the first couple of weeks after surgery. Maybe someone on here has experienced this and can guide us. I've thought about calling my Dr, but haven't done so yet, in case it is just a normal part of post op....

Between 5&19 and Bookworm, I can definitely relate to the swelly belly! I was blessed to have a fairly flat tummy before my surgery. Now I have a jiggle belly. As frustrated as I am with mine, I can't imagine how I will feel if i still have it one year post op! Maybe you should check with your doctor...?

Good luck to all of you!

Stacey
Unread 02-20-2008, 06:21 PM

My surgery was almost 2 years ago. I still have the swelly belly! I hemmoraged really bad during the vaginal so I ended up with a huge incision. Then I got a hernia on half of the incision which was repaired this past Sept. I never had a completely flat stomach, but I have never had anything like this!!! Mine is right above the incision line, so iti si a little different. I have been trying to lose weight and work out. But I am wondering if it is all in vain!!! I hope you are able to find an answer. If so, make sure you share it with me!
Melmil
Unread 02-20-2008, 06:26 PM

If any of you get an answer about this issue please post it here! I'm having the same problem. Even with 2-hour workouts 3 Xs a week I cannot lose weight or this stomach. It's high up too -- my bra has trouble fitting now because my stomach is pushing it up. I have always had a weight problem but the 45 pounds I lost a couple of years ago is steadily creeping back on and I don't know what to do to stop it. I'm going to keep working out because it's getting me in good shape but I'd like to be able to get back into my size 16s.
Unread 02-20-2008, 06:26 PM

Well, this thread helps answer a question I was planning to post as well. I'm 9 weeks and a day and guess I thought my belly would be back to "normal" by now. I didn't start out w/a flat tummy but this is ridiculous!!! I've only worn "loose" jeans once and regular pants once and peeled them off as SOON as I got home. Ugh!

How long???????
Unread 02-20-2008, 07:51 PM

Between5&19,
I am sorry you are having this issue. I'm just four weeks post op and I have had some swelling higher up, between my bra line and belling button. I was a t my post op check today and mentioned it to my doctor....my thinking was perhaps when things shifted down the ligaments from another organ were being pulled...she said that is not the case and she would not know why. I had a pooch because of the the pelvic problems and fibroids but now it is so different...I'm more deflated in that area and the pooch is more in the upper middle..please keep me posted as you learn more.
Jill
LAVH on Jan 22, 2008/ uterine fibroids
Unread 02-21-2008, 06:13 AM

I'm 5 weeks post op today and I have been really concerned about the swelly belly issue too. A couple weeks ago I felt as if I was finally returning to semi-normal but this past week has undid that thinking. My belly is swollen and painful like when I first came home from the hospital. Very discouraging. I see my doctor next week for my 6 week checkup and can't even fathom the thought of having sex unless I can somehow hover above my husband for fear of anything touching my belly!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register