Major set back at 5+ weeks - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Major set back  at 5+ weeks Major set back at 5+ weeks

Unread 02-20-2008, 10:06 AM
Major set back at 5+ weeks

So SORRY Kay. I have had two UTI's since surgery. NOT fun. Ask about taking AIZO (spelling). over the counter. But it can help with the pain of peeing. You have all my sympathy. Make sure to cut back on caffine. Don't go cold turkey just cut back. Hugs to you and good luck at the doctors.

Libby Lou
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2008, 11:00 AM

The doctor wants me to stay on the Macrobid because it is ecoli that caused the uti. I asked how I got it and she said it could have been the catheter or any one of many other ways. I am always careful to wipe front to back but that isn't always enough to prevent the problem.

She said if I continue to have the severe cramps to stop taking it after 5 days but not before. I will hopefully be able to do it for the 7 day course. I am to do another culture in a month.

I am not released for sex or exercise. I have to wait two more weeks for the sex part and 7 more for the exercise because of the prolapse repair. I am at my highest weight ever and I can't seem to control my eating. I am hungry for sweets all the time. I miss my exercising which I use to control the weight. I am only allowed to walk for now.

I am allowed to take a bath tonight. That was the only nugget she threw my way. She says that she is pleased with the repairs but wants to give them the full time to heal before I resume my weight lifting and water weights. Bummer.

The pathology report showed that I had fibroids which I did not know about. The results were that everything was benign. I did not expect anything other than this but it is still good to know.

Off to order new carpet for the family room.

Kay
Unread 02-20-2008, 11:32 AM

Hey Kay, I just got home from work and saw this. I am so sorry for you. Hopefully this will soon pass and you will be able to play with your lady friends and with your husband (wink). I'll say many prayers for you. Hang in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2008, 02:47 PM

Thanks Peggy. It really isn't so bad. I'm sorry about the romance part but as DH says, it's not a big deal. I guess after 40 years I figured that would be his answer. Did not get to go and get the new carpet as the air conditioning man finally arrived with a part that we ordered back in September. It is 70 here today so we'll be needing the air soon so I guess it is for the best. The carpet is not going anywhere soon.

Were your kiddies all exciting to see their teacher back today? I hope that you had an easy day and plan to put your feet up for the rest of the day.

Kay
Unread 02-20-2008, 02:53 PM

hope youre feeling better soon..i had a few uti's post op and they are just miserable
Unread 02-20-2008, 02:54 PM

Kay are you in Florida? I'm in Orlando. The carpet will wait as will ever thing else. Hope you are feeling better soon. Give the meds time to work but let them know if you aren't improving in a couple of days.

Libby Lou
Unread 02-20-2008, 04:52 PM

Hi Kay - just wanted to send along my wishes for quick relief from your UTI misery. I feel your pain and also throw in my nod on the cranberry juice and/or capsule suggestions. Hope you're feeling better soon!
Unread 02-20-2008, 04:59 PM

Libby Lou, I am on the southeast coast of NC, just north of the state line in Ocean Isle Beach. The carpet will have to wait for a few more days to be ordered but that is no biggie.

I did go to Wally World and bought some AZO which is cranberries in tablet form and I bought some yogurt for when I get off the meds.

I am not feeling as bad as I did last week. I guess the meds are working already. I will try to get all 7 days worth in me though just to be sure.

Thanks for all of the well wishes. I love the sisterhood.

Kay
Unread 02-20-2008, 06:37 PM

I'm so sorry this is happening to you!! I dealt the issues too. This is what I did and learned since my surgery and my UTI's I had three differents courses of antibiotics it was that hard to get rid of!! Kept flaring up again and again... PLUS I was told by my GYNO cranberry can have too much acid for sensative bladders, like mine. She says Use blueberries! Also I did a search on foods and drink that irritated the bladder and cut them out or cut them way down! WOW, what a huge change that was too!!! BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING I did and my family had done for the past 5 years especially while on Antibiotics, was take PRObiotics... the best ones are the ones you keep in the fridge they come in drink or capsules, get them at a health food store..... they add back the good bacteria the antibotics kill along with the bad bacterias!! So this way you keep the yeast infections away!! I learned this from my moms Dr years ago when she went on antibotics so I did research on it, and its great stuff! Thats my story!! I hope it helps... it took months for my bladder to calm down and act right. I think watching the ice tea I used to drink all day was really making my bladder worse..... do a search on bladder irritants. It will make a huge difference! GOOD LUCK FEEL BETTER!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register