I'm 16 days post-op -- question for those farther along than me in recovery - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm 16 days post-op -- question for those farther along than me in  recovery I'm 16 days post-op -- question for those farther along than me in recovery

Unread 02-21-2008, 12:03 PM
I'm 16 days post-op -- question for those farther along than me in recovery

Christy,

Thank you for your post! It is encouraging to see that you have started to run again.... right now, the only running I do is in my sweet dreams at night! :-)

I can't wait to get back to running, but at this point, it seems like that'll be 2 years from now! haha.

Well, I am sure each week will be better, and I'm sure there will be a day where I will feel totally normal! Regardless, I'm SO happy I had this surgery.... I SHOULD have had my period 2 weeks ago, and NOTHING! Wow...that was just amazing to not have a period! I'm very thankful, even in the midst of the S-L-O-W recovery!

Thanks All!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2008, 12:48 PM

I'm 12wks post-op (TAH,kept ovaries) and it was around 8 wks I started forgetting about my surgery. Finally! I quit reading all these posts and got on with life. You are still very early in the game and honey it's a looong process. I am glad it's not something you have to do TWICE. Yes, you get impatient. At 12 wks I'm still impatient. I want it to be a year already. I'm still having vaginal cuff discomfort. I roll over in bed and it hurts. I get up out of the chair and it hurts. I sneeze and it hurts. Isn't it amazing that this can take so long to heal? Just remember each day is another step farther AWAY from your surgery.
Unread 02-21-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHrey
Bitterpill - did you have to ease your way back into the lifting or did you just trust it and go for it?
Hello HRHray,

At six weeks when I went back to work I tried to ease my way back into lifting, but had to catch a client before she fell, Oy!! did that hurt. But it was me or her and I was not about to let her hit the floor. I am thankful that my boss allowed me to put myself back on lifting restrictions for another two weeks. Now, I am very careful, my job affords me the luxury of resting when I need to, so it is working out well for me.

My advice to anyone would be to take it slow and gradually see how much and how often you can lift something. My doctor cleared me at four weeks with no restrictions and I am glad I did not believe him.

Good luck ladies,

bitterpill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2008, 12:44 PM
Thank you!

Thank you so much for that question. I am 3˝ weeks post-op and very frustrated that it seems to be taking so long. I am also very active and impatient to get back into my routine. It is good to know there is a light and I won't have these feelings of exhaustion forever!
Unread 02-25-2008, 05:35 PM

40 & free...there definitely is a light! On dec 28 , i was so worried I wouldn't make it to my family reunion. I just got back from a great weekend with my family in New Orleans and it was great. I spent a whole day walking around the french quarter and the night standing and danceing...After a few hours, I did start to feel some pain but nothing too bad. It was the first time I'd thought about it all day..
Feels great to have no periods. Tomorrow I plan to try and work out for an hour but I'll play it by ear and stop if I have to.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register