Made an *** out of myself | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Made an *** out of myself Made an *** out of myself

Unread 02-21-2008, 09:30 AM
Made an *** out of myself

So I get up this morning, shower, put myself together and head to the doctor's office for my post op infection follow up appointment. They couldn't find the appointment on the books and told me the doctor was across town for the day. I was a bit bent out of shape, but fortunately kept my cool because it was my idiotic mistake. My appointment is for tomorrow I feel like such a moron!!!
So I apologized profusely for my mistake and head home. I'm so brain dead from lack of sleep, exhaustion, pain, you name it. When does your mind start functioning again????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2008, 09:42 AM

Hey Wendy,
its okay, your mistake is mild. on my first post op visit, I arrived 5 minutes after the doc left for an emergency, I was miffed no one called because it was a big deal getting a ride there. In all honesty, you were probably right about the date right along. take it easy on yourself, you will be okay. The major stress of all this has distracted us ladies and we deserve a pass. Amen?
God bless
Nina
Unread 02-21-2008, 09:47 AM

I'm sorry, Wendy, but your post made me giggle - for I find myself doing this type of thing all the time.

I have 3 calendars (purse, kitchen, and computer) with which to keep track, and often times find that I've either written 2-3 different dates for a single appointment, or 2-3 different times for said appointment on the correct day. I've learned that when I come across this these days, it's safer to pick up the phone and verify the correct date and time beforehand.

Hopefully your memory will return to normal soon. I fear that mine, at this point, is a lost cause.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2008, 10:58 AM

I wish I could say I was wrong about the date, but it is even in my pocketbook calendar that the appointment if for tomorrow I had it in my head that it was Thursday because the doc had said it would be the day I took my last antibiotic and I took the first one on Friday, two weeks ago.

Nope, the mistake is all mine and yes, I'm a natural blond
Unread 02-21-2008, 11:35 AM

Don't worry the mistake. Today I went grocery shopping...it's a "bread, milk and toilet paper" weather panic day in Maryland. Anyway, I have to chuckle at myself, I was walking through the grocery store like a frail 90 year old lady. The looks that folks shot at me were priceless! I have no memory. I was losing the memory before surgery, and now, it's even gone further away!! I'll stand up and wonder what the heck I stood up to do! And go figure, I'm heading back to work next week! That'll be REALLY interesting!!
I love all you ladies! Keep the faith, we shall all get through this!!
Unread 02-21-2008, 08:35 PM

Last fall, Greg, the priest at our church, had a double surgery, for hernia and gallstones, all laparoscopic.

It took myself and another gal who had had hysterectomies to tell him that the anesthetic (and the shock to the body) really does a number on the memory and brain - and that it WOULD get better!

Even his wife was concerned, and felt better about it after we assured her as well.
Unread 02-22-2008, 12:13 AM

I'm not too bad with the forgetfullness but the irrational mood swings is what's got a choke hold on me. Man oh man I've been nasty. I'm reminding myself of the woman on the excorcist. YIKES... Good thing dh is understanding.
Unread 02-22-2008, 02:00 AM

I think a hilarious book could be written using "our stories" of post anesthesia and recovery "bloopers." My favorite, after an LSO was answering phone messages, at the office, twice and not even knowing it, and wearing one black shoe and one brown shoe to work one day. Ever put things in the kitchen cupboard that belonged in the refrigerator, or vise versa? My husband enjoyed it (not!) when I washed the Miata with the scrubby side of the sponge! It needed a new paint job.
Unread 02-22-2008, 04:00 AM

Oh boy do I understand. After two operations in 8 months with a total of 10+ hours of anethesia there is not much left to my mind. If finally started coming back about 6-7 months after the first surgery and it has been 2 1/2 weeks since the second and the brain fog is thick. I was at lunch with some friends wed. and we were discussing something and my mind went totally white. Had to say it is gone and will try again later. I sure hope this does not take months or more again. I sure feel very stupid. I was told that this last surgery I would not bounce back as well as the first. Oh Yea I am honest with people when it happens and just tell them brain fog from anethesia. Bye
Unread 02-22-2008, 04:36 AM

Do you think they'll buy the brain fog idea for the remainder of our lives??
I have told people about the anesthesia... had it in Dec. for the D&C and then in Jan for they hyst... and they look at me like "how long you gonna use that excuse?"

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register