Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen - Page 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen

Unread 04-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen

Well I'm thinking of calling my boss and asking if I can just do 8 hrs for a month . I don't think I can do 16 hrs straight. How is everyone else feeling after 2 full months?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2008, 06:59 PM

Hiya Dharma,
I have been wondering how you are coming along? I have started back to work now for 2 weeks. I get tired easily and get body aches. My incision really doesn't bother me until I bump into something. My burning pain has gone for good now, I believe. I am still numb on the left side under the incision down into my upper left leg. My manager at work said hers is still numb and she had her hyster a few years ago. I do hope you are doing much better!
Unread 04-13-2008, 07:27 PM
Sleephude reply

Hi...so nice of you to write...glad to hear things are pretty good with you. LIke you the burning pain finally went away (a couple of weeks ago) although I still have achey pain on lower right side (where burning pain was). Gyn oncologist reckons it is 2 nerves rubbing together. I also seem to now get some pain at times that goes right across lower pelvic area, and sometimes zinging type pains and a tightening pain. I guess it is everything healing and tightening up (I hope.) Today my pain is a bit worse, so of course I am worrying about that now. I think boredom has well and truly set in. I get my car back from a friend I lent it to, at the weekend, so I am hoping once I can drive around and be independent again the pain will gradually go, as I get into a more normal routine. Seems I have too much time to think about every twinge. Also I notice I have more pain at the end of the day, and I have hardly done anything!!! unlike you who is working now. I quit my job, and am going overseas for a month at the end of May. When I come back, I am going back into nursing. Having worked for the Federal Govt I have to say I am not missing the stress and the back biting people. Patience is what I think I need. So all in all, I am better, just wish this pain would go, but sounds like, from what you say, and what I have heard and read, that pains can hang around for weeks, months, even YEARS!!!! so perhaps I need to stop thinking the worst!!!

Cheers,
Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2008, 10:00 PM

I am glad you are starting to feel better. I do still have achy pains and tightening in my abdomen. I even felt it last night. I still get a little swelly belly going at nights also. Today I had to unload a meat truck and it was really the first time I had to lift any heavy weights. I had some cramping going on for a little while, but like you said before, it takes time for these little twinges to disappear. I guess I just try to ignore them most of the time or I will get a little testy thinking about them. I am getting a little frustrated now though cause I have been gaining weight in the last couple of weeks. I went to my regular DR. and everything went up, lol, my weight, and blood pressure and cholesterol. Drats, now I have to take tooo much meds now. I envy you going on vacation overseas in a little while. Just go and have fun and try not to think of your tummy, lol. You might be suprised that you will feel sooo good by the time you get back home. Thanks for writing back, I was really worried about you and sure am glad you are on the mend. Have a good evening.
Wanda
Unread 04-15-2008, 09:28 AM

Hello Ladies, I have the same burning pain in my right lower side. I've been to the doctor twice since my Hysterectomy March 10th 2008 and my doctor says that it sounds like a pinch nerve. I'm taking Toradol twice a day and also taking Percocet for the pain. I just want my normal life back....

(Total Hysterectomy March 10, 2008)
Unread 04-15-2008, 08:05 PM

Hiya Amber,
I just wanted to let you know that what your DR. told you is the same thing my DR. basically told me. My burning pain lasted about 4 weeks. I took the same pain pills you did for the first 3 weeks. They also constipated me, lol. I finally got the DR. to give me some other meds. They were anaprox (Naprosyn) and tramadol. They worked sooo much better for me. the tramadol is for pain and the anaprox is for pain and inflammation. My burning pain just disappeared after I felt a "pop" on night as I turned over in bed. It was immediate relief!!!! Please be rest assured, the burning will go away, as a time frame, that I cannot answer cause it is different for everyone. I hope you a speedy recovery. We are here if you need to vent. I myself, am feeling like normal with the exception of a few twinges here and there, and a little bit tired when I get home from work. I wish I could have more time off, lol I got spoiled and now am not anymore, lol. Have a good day.
Unread 04-15-2008, 08:19 PM

Thank you for the kind words. I will keep in mind of the meds. I go back on the 23rd for my 6 week appt. I will talk to her more about the pain and burning I'm having.

fibroids,heavy bleeding ever since 12/04 Total Hysterectomy March 10, 2008
Unread 04-15-2008, 08:23 PM

Hi
I'm on week 5 now and the burning is fading away. Just a little sore spot on my lower right side but so much better than last week. Hang in there. it all goes away eventually
Unread 04-16-2008, 07:03 AM

I am also having a burning sensation, sometimes left side sometimes right side and sometimes the whole lower pelvic area. When you say abdominal area do you actually mean pelvic or is your burning up higher than pelvic area? I am 6, almost 7 weeks post-op. Right now i am burning like crazy! It also comes and goes.
Unread 04-16-2008, 09:00 AM

I was /sm buring on my lower right side just under the bikini line. But it's fading. It also comes and goes. I have a hip to hip incision from my tummy tuck and I think it's all the stictches. My stomach is soooo tight feelling . I think the achiness is more from the tummy tuck than the hyst but I may be wrong. My doc gave me Lidocaine patches to put on the areas that burn and it helps. Also, last week she gave me an injection to block the area and that totally helped. It completley disappeard. She offered another one this week but I told her it wasn't that bad so I didn't get it. My plastic surgeon is the one who offered these things, not my gyn doc. So maybe you need to speak up. Noone needs to suffer as there ARE solutions out there.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register