Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen

Unread 02-21-2008, 07:20 PM
Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen

I love this site !
Hugs to all of you ((hug))
I am almost 6wks post op, came home today (from working5 hrs)
with so much pain with burning and pinching sensation. Couldn't even sit up and have dinner. I was misrable...
I am very close to taking my pain meds for what I am feeling.
I only took ibprophen and a heating pad.
I told my DH that I was going to check the site to see if anyone else is feeling like this. He just came in to check and see if I found something on my symptoms. I think he could see the pain I'm in.
I thank you all for your response.
I do have my 6 wks check up with my Dr, and will see what she says.
Thanks Ladies...
I hope you all will feel better soon.
Keep on asking and posting...
L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2008, 08:57 PM

Yes, this all is an ordeal to say the least. I don't think I will like not driving for that long!!! I am used to doing things for myself. I won't be returning to work until the end of March, if everything goes well. I am an assistant meat manager @ a grocery store, so I hope I will be able to lift things up. I am worried I won't be able to lift the heavy pieces of meat and so on. I guess time is on our sides. I hope you all have a wonderful evening. Thanks for the uplifting stories!! I enjoy reading them, even had a few laughs.
Unread 02-22-2008, 12:07 AM

Sounds like your "burning" in your lower left side is similar to what I am experiencing. I went to ER on Tuesday with horrible pain. After lots and lots of tests, (they thought I might have appendicitis) its' a post-op infection in my vaginal vault. I had a slight fever, so I was kind of surprised at the diagnosis.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2008, 04:39 AM

What is a vaginal vault?
Unread 02-22-2008, 05:14 AM

I am not quite sure on that one. I think it might be what is left of the vagina after they remove the cervix??
Unread 02-22-2008, 07:54 AM

Hey sleepyhude....sorry to hear of your troubles, but I can relate....I am over one year now...and I still have it...but unfortunately they can't seem to find the cause for me yet.....but I also find using my "magic" bag really helps and laying down and getting off my feet....I sometimes take Advil and I do have a script for something stronger if I need it...I also have a "creepy/crawly" feeling down there, and my family doc prescribed me a med called "Lyrica" which has been so amazing for me...although it is not something I was to take for life....my doc said I may have a stitch still affecting a nerve, may mean more surgery for me....but right now I would do whatever it takes.....
Unread 02-22-2008, 10:31 AM

Hi Queen bee:

You are not alone. I have the same pain, especially if I've been on my feet for a while. I will be 6 weeks post op next Wednesday. I am still having trouble getting out of bed without alot of pain, but mine is on my right side. Kind of helps if I pull my knee to my chest and then use my left elbow to prop myself up. Glad there are no cameras! Take care.
Unread 02-22-2008, 12:45 PM

wow, i am hoping i don't have this for that long. I don't do pain for long periods of time,lol.I also take Lyrica for my feet, had 2 surgeries for damaged nerves, yes it works for me too. I have been on Lyrica and Ultram,and Lortab for 3 yrs. for nerve damage.
Unread 02-22-2008, 04:02 PM

I have the same burning, pulling sensation in the left side of my incision. It would sometimes take my breath away. I tried cold packs, but finally called the Dr yesterday because I had not seen anyone post about this kind of feeling. After checking to see that there was no infection present, the Nurse told me to try warm, moist compresses and that is working wonders for me. She said the same thing about it being a suture or a nerve acting up.

Hope this helps.
Unread 02-22-2008, 04:43 PM

Hello ladies,
I just wanted to let you all know what my Dr said today about the burning/ pinching sensation.
I was supposed to go in this afternoon for my 6wk f/u. This morning, the pain was just awful , I couldn't sit up or anything. I was in tears, my DH wanted to take me to the ER. I called and got in this am to see her.
She checked everything out, and asked me questions about the pain.
(Make sure that you are having BM's that could be the culprit)
She believes that its muscular pain. I am shocked. I have never never had any pain like this before. It's like fire, and pinching....I told her that I hadn't overdone it, with lifting ect....I have been a good girl with all of that...
She said that this will happen sometimes....
I am to rest, rest, with my heating pad and take some pain meds for the weekend. I am to go back next week for a follow up appointment.
This is normal she stated....So girls, hang in there!
L

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register