Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen

Unread 03-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen

Pattie
I did talk with my boss and he said he kinda figured out already from other women that I wouldn't be able "normal", lol. So I guess that means he is gonna let me slide????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2008, 12:17 PM

My boss is setting up a desk for me on the main floor for a few weeks, close to the files I need to access, instead of lugging them up and down stairs.
Unread 03-23-2008, 03:34 PM

I wish I could sit at a desk at work, lol. I have to be on the sales floor as well as the cutting room floor. Gotta help them customers!!!:P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2008, 03:56 PM

Hey Sisters,

Happy Easter! I am happy to report that my "burning, tearing, ripping" pain has now been gone for 4 days (holding my breath!). I went back to work this week and took an icepack with me...and it seemed to help!
I am 5 weeks post-op...get 6 week check up on Friday. Hang in there girls,
the pain does seem to get better...I am still very tired though which seems to be normal with all of us. This site is great to help us know that we are "normal" patients! Everyone hang in there!

Debbie
Unread 03-24-2008, 08:49 AM

Well Easter is over, and I have spent most of it lying around. I thought I was feeling less pain, and a friend came over tonight and I got the burning pain really badly, even though I only got up to make a cuppa etc...ended up asking her if she minded if we went into my bedroom so I could stretch out on the bed. Being a midwife, it didn't worry her. On top of that I have terrible constipation due to the pain pills. I have taken Metamucil all day for it but to no gain, and all it's done is make the side where the burning pain is all achey. I am so over this, just when I think I feel o.k. I do something, like go for a short walk!!!!! and back it is again. So do I just have to lay down all the time so I don't get a pain!

Yes I know, I sound like a pain myself....and I feel like one. I have never been this "laid up" for so long. It seems like forever, how does one get through all this, or I am just weak.???

Vicki
Unread 03-24-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharma
Well Easter is over, and I have spent most of it lying around. I thought I was feeling less pain, and a friend came over tonight and I got the burning pain really badly, even though I only got up to make a cuppa etc...ended up asking her if she minded if we went into my bedroom so I could stretch out on the bed. Being a midwife, it didn't worry her. On top of that I have terrible constipation due to the pain pills. I have taken Metamucil all day for it but to no gain, and all it's done is make the side where the burning pain is all achey. I am so over this, just when I think I feel o.k. I do something, like go for a short walk!!!!! and back it is again. So do I just have to lay down all the time so I don't get a pain!

Yes I know, I sound like a pain myself....and I feel like one. I have never been this "laid up" for so long. It seems like forever, how does one get through all this, or I am just weak.???

Vicki
Hi dharma,

I hope you are feeling better today. I have been pushing myself to see just how long I can go without my pain meds. The burning on the ride side continues and I also find that it seems to get worse when I am stretching and moving around a great deal.

My PCP did a pelvic, blood work and tested my urine. My results came back good although she found blood in the urine and said the area where my stiches are is still very swollen. She gave me a pain shot and sent me home with instructions to go the ER if my pain came back or got worse. She said that if everything came back ok we would have to go on to the next step and find out what is causing my pain.

I have had pain ongoing and a couple of days it has been bad enough to go to the ER but I am really afraid of having to once more have surgery. When I try to have a normal day I not only have the burning and pain on the right side, I also feel pain in my vaginal area. This pain is more like a constant throbbing when it occurs. I think I actually feel something just under my incision down into my vaginal area swelling and something sticking me when this throbbing pain begins. I really feel this when I walk or stand for a while.

I went to my son's track meet on Saturday and the walk up and down the bleachers resulted in me experiencing my pains for the entire night. It really hurt but I was so happy I went to the meet since his relay team won first place for the first time this year and won a large trophy. The relay team had not won a 1st. place trophy in several years.

Easter was very long and to head off the pain I took my meds ahead of time. The meds no longer stop the pain but they do take the edge off. I called my Dr. today and of course I did not make it past the nurse even though I asked to talk to my Dr.. She told me that he would not be able to get back with me until tommorow because he has clinic today. I still think they don't believe that I am in such pain, instead I think they think I just don't want to go back to work. On the contrary I really like my job and I can't wait to get back to getting 100% pay not mention that I am so tired of this house.
Unread 03-24-2008, 12:59 PM

I am sorry you ladies are still experiencing the burning pain. Have you tried something for the inflamation? My DR. gave me anaprox which is the prescription strength of Aleve,and naproxin. I think that is what helped me out the best. IMHO, the pain is coming from the nerves as we discussed, but I think inflammation of the nerve and surrounding tissues, is causing the burn. I still haven't had the burn for 1 week now. I think if I did I would be maybe talking to my PCP to see if they have any ideas other than the surgeon or gynecologist, just a thought?? I pray that you will have a better day. I go back to work 29th, hopefully won't have the pain!!!
Unread 03-24-2008, 01:08 PM
Me Too. Sharp constant pain in Lower Left Abdomen

Thank you so much for this website and your posts on the burning, tearing topic. This website is a godsend to me. I am going through the same thing. At least I know that these are typical symptoms. When the sharp, tearing pain started happening on day 4 post-op every time I stood, I had no idea what it was. Then I came back to this website and found it was a disturbed nerve, makes sense. It was and still is EXCRUCIATING!! Taking my breath away. : ( : ( I was able to stop it by finding the pressure relief point below it and applying pressure with my hand. Not good because from pressing on the relief point for a week every time I stood it caused swelling, MORE PAIN and irritation on the tender area. I tried to do too much on day 4 and 5, causing swelling in the abdomen area and set me back several days. This also further inflamed the nerve causing more chronic and intense pain. The pain medicine, Dilauted, was working, I felt very little pain so I assumed I could get up and perform light physical activities. I loaded and emptied the dishwasher, put clothes away, folded clothes, colored my hair. Not all at once of course. I paid dearly for this. I stopped the meds so I could listen to my body better and respond to the pain by sitting still. For me standing movement causes swelling, bringing on the pain. The best thing I can do is stay off my feet, rest and let myself heal.
Unread 03-24-2008, 01:30 PM

Yes you need to stay off your feet, lol. You are still very early in your recovery. Don't let the pain get ahold or you will actually slow your recovery. That was the best advice advice I was given from DR. and nurses from previous surgeries. Right now I am not taking anything for pain for hyster. I was given an prescription Anaprox which is a script for naproxen (aleve) which helped with the inflammation very good!!! I think that is what helped my recovery pain better than narcotic pain meds. I did take another script for pain pills but it wasn't a narcotic. The combo really helped me!!!
Unread 03-24-2008, 03:47 PM

DR did not want me on motrin, ibuprofen or aspirin. Tylenol only but it did not do anything for inflamation which was causing the pain. Didnt say anything about aleve. I think i have some aleve. I will try that and wave a chicken at the same time. Thanks

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register