question for those who had a c-section in the past AND a TAH (children mentioned) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

question for those who had a c-section in the past AND a TAH (children mentioned) question for those who had a c-section in the past AND a TAH (children mentioned)

Unread 02-22-2008, 08:33 AM
question for those who had a c-section in the past AND a TAH (children mentioned)

Wow, thanks everyone for the really great responses. All that you guys said is kind of what I was thinking, but how could I REALLY know unless I have a c-section. I am going to copy and paste all of your responses and send these to these friends who are saying this. I DO think my friends mean well. They are good friends, and I think they are worried about me, and so I think that is why they are talking to me like this. They are not being mean.

But, one thing that has kind of bugged me, is these friends of mine will say stuff like, "I know exactly what you're going through." When I hear that, I think "can that really be true?"

I have yet another friend who JUST had a c-section 5 days ago (first baby), and she emailed me last night, ironically -- after I had started this thread --, and she said to me in the email that she is doing so well and feels she can move around much easier now and went on and on about how fast she is recovering. Then, at the end, she said, "i guess everyone just recovers at different paces because you are 3 weeks out and still in pain, and I'm only 5 days and feeling pretty good."

Anyway, that just kind of bugged me.. But, she's post-partum, so I'm just going to let it go. haha. But, I'm seriously going to copy and paste all of these into a Word doc and send these to my friends who say stuff like this.

I agree with all of you that until you've HAD this done, you can't even remotely say things like this. This is why I haven't really said anything back to my friends about their c-section comments, because even though my GUT tells me they are not accurate, I feel like I have no place to tell them what it is like to heal from a c-section since I never had one.

Oh well... I guess there will always be people in this world who THINK they are helping you, but they are really just annoying you. HAHA!

Thank you SO much.... I feel like now I can go and tell them that they are not accurate and be able to have these stories to back me up. Then, maybe they will understand and start to comment differently about my recovery. :-)

I KNOW these friends of mine do really care about me and want to support me, so I think this will really help them know how to support me better. :-)

Thanks everyone!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2008, 09:45 AM
question for those who had a c-section in the past AND a TAH (children mentioned)

I am so glad this thread was brought up. My sister had a c-section and when my surgery came up, she keeps asking me if its anything like a c-section. I didn't know what to tell her since I had all my children vaginally. I know she's just concerned, and like your friends, she wants to try to empathize and relate to what I'm going through.
Unread 02-22-2008, 10:43 AM

I have to agree with the other posts here. I had two c-sections and this is by far worse in the pain area. I am almost 4 weeks out and I still am moving slow. You have a major organ gone and the healing is inside. So take your time and rest and allow your body to heal as it should. You never know, your friends may have to go through this too...And then they will see how it really feels.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register