Swelly Belly 5-6 weeks post-op? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Swelly Belly 5-6 weeks post-op? Swelly Belly 5-6 weeks post-op?

Unread 02-23-2008, 05:24 AM
Swelly Belly 5-6 weeks post-op?

something like flexees brand is completely unnoticable and you couldnt offend anyone. you can wear them under pants or a dress and they look like regular underwear with a very lot of support. almost like a modern girdle. if its really bothering you, you might want to look into those.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2008, 05:47 AM

I'm 8 weeks and starting to see some changes, finally.
When I seen the Dr. last week, she wanted to see the swelling. All this will go away she said, which gave me all the encouragement I needed. I'm hoping I can pass some on.
I bought the flexies and the bali (model 8621), I like the bali's better for the fit. They make so many
Word of warning, as this happened to my cousin and myself,
don't get them to tight, cause you will have pains where they stop on the top from the pressure. That's not pleasant.
Good luck and may I wish us all....... patience.
Unread 02-23-2008, 08:32 AM

Becky, next week I am going back to an office full of men too. I have slacks that have elastic bands and are full cut around the hips. I'm not worrying about the men. Most of them are married anyway and if anything reeks "female issue", they just stay away or discuss other matters. I do intend to wear the Swelly Belly band, as part of my under garments. Do you have slacks or office appropriate elastic/stretchy waist pants or even loose fitted skirts?

Today I am testing wearing the belly band all day. I found a solution to avoid "leaky" spots that cause damp undies and slacks. I took the plastic bag that the band comes in (plastic wrap can work, but I'm not good with that stuff), cut out the bottom of the bag. I slip that easily over the main band area. Then I have taken a cotton dish towel and wrapped that around the band, having the length of the towel extend out some beyond the main gel band. That catches the extra water seepage. I have placed the band directly across my incision, then my undies and my slacks. This no doubt reduces the level of cooling but it still is cooling. Yesterday I recharged the band in the freezer...too long. It was folded and I could not unfold it for about 30 minutes. Recharging it while wet in the fridge on bottom shelf works well. One thing I worry, when I put non-food, "girlie" stuff in the fridge, DH has a propensity to toss those in the trash without asking, so I am being very cautious about that happening too!!
Sorry for the long post, ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2008, 12:00 PM

Robin, unfortunately all of my clothing is tailored and button and zip. I have absolutely nothing that gives in anyway. I really do not desire to buy new clothes so I sure hope this ends soon.

Northbound and Dressed up, if this continues I am going to look into getting a modern girdle. But I would guess they would leave one heck of a pantyline...haha

Thanks for responding all. I appreciate all the great insight.
Unread 02-23-2008, 12:09 PM
Hi

I had my lsh on jan14 and I too have swollen belly. I am on the heavy side but I can tell that my belly is still not right. I am noticing though that the sides of my lower belly seam smaller to me...it's hard to explain. My sides seam to hang alittle bit compaired to my middle. I'm sure all will pass for us soon..I hope.Denise.
Unread 02-23-2008, 12:21 PM

I had my surgery on1/10 and this week I have been wearing spanx there are many styles and yes no visible panty lines. I like the footless medium controll top to wear with my dress pants and the higher power panties to wear with dresses. you can find them on line and some stores Target has a line as well but I forget the name. I still have swelly belly but spanx has helped me keep from falling out of my zipper. I also broke down and purchased at least one pair of dress pants for work that fit me when I am the most swollen, in oreder to ensure the fit I went shopping in the evening. I to hope this belly passes soon, I Never wore sweatpants until now! I return to work on monday and I work in womens retail I dont look forward to trying on the new spring fashions yet!
Unread 02-23-2008, 03:35 PM

Becky

Have you tried the rubberband trick? You put the rubberband around the button pass thru the hole and back to the button. You can wrap it around a couple of times early in the day and stretch it out during the day. Or use small rubberbands in the morning and larger ones in the afternoon.

I am ready to go to goodwill and buy a couple of pants that are larger. Just to get by. There is one near a nice neighborhood here that I was going to try.

Just a couple of options.

Give it a try.

Libby Lou
Unread 02-23-2008, 09:05 PM

I have tried to use a rubberband but I can see the gap where my pants are undone. I did buy a pair of jeans from the resale shop. My jeans are just way too uncomfortable, especially in early post-op. I may visit them again just to see what they have in the way of slacks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register