2 weeks post-op/Laproscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks post-op/Laproscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy 2 weeks post-op/Laproscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy

Unread 02-22-2008, 03:33 PM
2 weeks post-op/Laproscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy

I am 2 weeks post op and I am sore...backaches and achiness. Is this normal? Haven't driven yet...when can I expect ot feel "normal" again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2008, 03:37 PM

Be patient, ladyinred717! Sounds like you should keep resting for another week or two before going out and about. For me, the soreness and aches all over seem to be a normal thing.
Try and relax and enjoy the "down time".
Unread 02-22-2008, 04:07 PM

Hi Ladyinred717,

I agree with Afrenchfry. I also had a LSH and it is just day to day with feeling better. Just remember...a LSH is a less invasive hyst and it is still major surgery. So...do not feel you have to compete in your recovery. All us Hyster Sisters heal at a different pace.

With my LSH recovery...I found in the first 6 weeks post-op...that I could have two steps forward type days..and then I might have a one-step backwards type of day. So...just let your body do the talking and you will start feeling your usual self before you know it.

Also, if the healing pain is too bothersome...you might continue your prescription pain meds. My Dr. felt that staying ahead of any pain was important to recovery.

Sending best wishes~

Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2008, 05:43 PM

everyone heals at different rates. i found walking a lot really helped me recover fast and kept the aches and pains of laying/sitting alot away. only do what you feel up to and before you know it, you'll be feeling great
Unread 02-23-2008, 12:14 PM

Backaches are pretty common post-op. I think it is because we are trying so hard to protect our bellies and do not stand up straight plus our poor backs are doing all of the work as our tummies rest. I found that taking several small strolls throughout the house and in the yard daily helped tremendously.

As far as feeling normal...I think that is subjective. I am 6 weeks now and depending on what day you ask me, I can range from 100% to 6 weeks?, feels like only 2 weeks, when will I ever be normal?

Best advice (and I do not always take it, but when I do my body thanks me) is to take it easy and listen to your body. Do not try to rush the healing. I pushed too hard at week 2 and wish now that I had allowed myself more time.

Unread 02-23-2008, 01:51 PM

I feel the same as you ladyinred717. I was 4 wks on Wednesday. LSH at 44. I take two days forward and one day back. I wish the Dr. would have given me more pain meds for the "bad"days. I don't like taking a lot of meds but sometimes on the bad days I wish I had something a little stronger than Advil. I started walking on my teadmill and doing more stuff around the house (on good days). On bad days I still sit in my comfy chair with a blanket and watch TV all day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register