9 weeks Post OP - Low Grade Temp-HELP | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

9 weeks Post OP - Low Grade Temp-HELP 9 weeks Post OP - Low Grade Temp-HELP

Unread 02-23-2008, 04:09 PM
9 weeks Post OP - Low Grade Temp-HELP

It is a little over 9 weeks (I think) and I am still having a low grade temp. with chills off and on. It seems I feel it mostly when I have over exerted myself. I told my GYN about it a week and half ago and he did not seem too concerned. He said that he is surprised I am doing as well as I am because I was so messed up (his words exactly). He said for me to give it another month and if I still feel bad then he start running tests but that it will take about three months for me even start feeling a little bit more normal. I want to tell you that I do not feel bad everyday. Last week was my first week back to work and I have only felt like this twice. Once on Monday and then today. Has anyone else felt this way (kind of like the flu). O yeah..my little one had diarhea on monday and my husband says he feels bad as well. My concern is this not the only time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2008, 05:39 PM
I have a fever too, 4 wks post op & worried

I have questions about this issue too and am having the same problem.

Hi, Bethany - Hope your recovery is going well, other than this!

Maybe we can both benefit from this post....I am worried also.

Yes! I am 4 weeks post-op and thought I was getting the flu too, been achier than usual, diarrhea and nausea/dizziness real bad, so I went to my family doctor since he is a lot closer than my surgeon and he tested me for the flu and it's not the flu! I don't have any sort of sore throat or congestion, do you? I felt so strong my second week post-op, now seem to be getting more little pains I never had before and weak.

Yours could be flu or virus, since members of your family are sick and my doctor said all the shots this year did not prevent the right strain of flu. How high is your fever? Your doctor just told you to wait? They could test you for flu, they just swab your nose and it takes about 5 minutes for the results.

Hmmmm....... I am feeling very light headed and weak too, are you?

My family doc gave me big horse-pills of Augmentin to take for 7 days and said that's a good antibiotic for tissue infections and he said if my fever did not go away by Monday, to call my surgeon. It's only day 2 of my anti-biotics so far and I feel so lousy.

He thinks it may be a surgical infection, which worries me now. I have had a 99.5-100.5 fever for 8 days now and when I was cleaning my belly button last night, some thread came out!!

So, my surgeon did not get all the stitches out at my post-op visit 2 weeks ago, obviously. It was like it came out from a hole in my belly button and now I'm afraid my belly button did not close all the way.

Does anyone know if that can happen and make an infection in the belly button? I am also having some shooting like pains in my abdomen that were not there before. Is your situation similar? Maybe some nerves growing back together or would infection cause this? Don't know

This is really the first time, since my surgery that I have been worried about healing. Hope you feel better soon, Bethany and hope there is lots of input about this question. Take care of yourself!
Unread 02-23-2008, 06:24 PM

Ladies,

I defnitely had low grade fevers on and off. The first time I did have a vaginal cuff infection. That was around week 3. The second time (about 13 wks PO) I again had low grade fevers on and off - mostly in the evening. I'm sure you have both read my sorry posts about the infection that was dicsovered and the awful consequences. I know so many Dr's say a low grade fever is ok, but in my experience it most certainly was not.

With my first infection - I felt lousy, with my second I felt fine other than the fever until the day I actually fell very ill with sepsis.

I think you guys should pursue the answer agressively with your Dr's. The sad thing for me is, I kept reading on here that the low grade was ok. My Dr does NOT agree with that and he wishes I would have complained MUCH sooner.

Good luck to you both and I'll keep you in my prayers for easy uncomplicated answers!!

Starbgirl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2008, 07:20 AM

Well. I am almost 99.9 percent sure that I have the stomach flu. I was really concerned early saturday when my temp was 101.8 but then DH rolls into the house from work and was sweating like a pig (mind you it is freezing here). He had a temp of 103 and was taking turns going to the bathroom with me. So ........I am pretty sure that it what is going on. I have some left over flagyl and levoquin from back in september. I am going to call the doctor today and see if we can start taking them for our bug.
Unread 02-25-2008, 09:10 PM

I'm so glad it was only the flu. Doesn't that sound nutty??? But when you consider the alternative

I hope you feel better soon.

Hugs,

Starbgirl

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register