I don't miss my uterus, is that weird? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I don't miss my uterus, is that weird? I don't miss my uterus, is that weird?

Unread 03-05-2008, 09:35 AM
I don't miss my uterus, is that weird?

If I miss anything, it's the ability to grieve for it!! Even in my 20s, I knew I loved kids and wanted a family, I just never wanted to be pregnant -- any feelings like that came and went, and never lingered. When my problems pointed to surgery, I signed up without hesitation. The weird feelings actually came post-op, like did I do the right thing? But considering the number and location of my fibroids (including a huge one in the middle of my cervix) I don't think I could have had bio children if I wanted them. I'm finally getting my energy back and returning to the woman I should have been all these years!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2008, 10:28 AM

I am so happy my uterus is gone! No more periods, bleeding through everything, all my panties and pants having blood stains. Nope, don't miss it at all!
Unread 03-06-2008, 12:23 PM

No I dont miss my uterus. I was more than ready for the surgery when told that I needed it asap and that was enough for me. Since then I am relieved it isnt in there causing more grief down the road. Needless to say no more periods and all that stuff. Also, no more cervical stabbing knife pain that I was dealing with on a day to day hour to hour minute to minute basis. I am still a woman and still feel like a woman. Happiness is what we make it to be and as someone that sees the glass as half full then what could be wrong with moving on and having that bad cervix and that bad uterus out of me forever? I feel for the women on this board that wanted and couldnt have children. Hugs to you all. I do have two boys and they are the joy in my world. xoxo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2008, 12:55 PM

I have to admit, I had a hard time arriving at the decision to have my surgery. I have been married for 17 years to a beautiful man that I love with all of my heart. We both had what I like to call, long adolescences, and by the time we felt ready to start a family, my body had started to rebel. I traveled a few roads, barring in vitro fertilization, which I never felt was for me. I had 2 myomectomies, numerous d & cs, herbs and acupuncture but in the end (and at 45), i cried "uncle". My uterus had gotten what I reflect on today, as some of the best years of my life. Do I miss my uterus? No I don't. I have done my mourning and gotten past the feelings that kept me going back for more. I truly believe that we each need to arrive at our conclusions in our own time. Today sans uterus what is occupying my mind is not the absence of an organ, but all of the things that I will do now that I am free from the suffering that my illness caused me in the past. Peace to all.
Unread 03-10-2008, 01:19 PM

I definitely agree w/you. I am planning a "Pamper Party" for ladies to celebrate my hysterectomy, no more pain! My surgery was needed for similar reasons as yours. I am praying that I don't have anymore adhesion issues from the hys. Mine was Feb 13th, feeling good, right side of abdomen sticks out and is more tender, back pain on that side also. Just returned from business, flight delay was rough but in bed since my return for rest. Take care, healthy healing!
Unread 03-10-2008, 02:17 PM

What a great idea. A pamper party! Gee can I come ?

I should throw something like that when I am less achy and more able to handle lots of company. What are you going to have at your party? Any ideas? How about pedicures, manicures and food? hmmm new hairstyle or something?
Unread 03-10-2008, 06:08 PM

I don't miss it at all. And I am childless. At 43 I made the choice a LONG time ago to not have children. And my uterus has been nothing but a pain in sooooo many ways. Don't miss it. Nope.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register