Book suggestions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Book suggestions Book suggestions

Unread 02-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Book suggestions

Oh have fun... what are ya reading? me... the mermaid chair. it is ok. a little draggy but i refuse to give up on it. hoping it will get better soon.my mom God bless her. she cant sit still(like me) she will do it if i dont.. she is 73 yro. i need to hire a dumpster and just throw out some stuff. to much... i have donated alot to charities, but still i cant stand the clutter everywhere.. oh yuh the stool softeners really kicked in alright..aaahhhh. i think i lost 5 pounds today.LOL my problem is i hated sex to begin with. dont know how i will fell after , hopefully it wont hurt anymore, but my drive is just not there. i'm broken i guess. i wont let him know that and go thru the motions. he knows it hurts now and poor thing has been ok with that.. but i could never tell him i have no interest in it... i'll just fake it after if i have to. dont want him to feel like it's his fault...he is a great lover, it's me.. like i said it's broken..maybe it will get better. to much on my mind to care rightnow.. now i would like a bread machine(LOL) i go from sex to a bread machine(LOL) that sounds like a cool thing. is it one that can make dough too ? i saw one like that. around xmas time.. maybe for a upcoming present for myself... my bleeding is heavy, then light, back to heavy. my back is just so darn sore.. still sitting here with a heating pad... i will call monday if this continues. now i have a soe throat and my nose is getting stuffy..oh boy.. i am going to bed now... talk to you soon...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2008, 04:41 PM
Book suggestions

Hi
I don't know if your sense of humor runs this way, but I really like the books by Terry Pratchet they are sort of fantasy but mostly he just has a great sense of humor, like he thinks that instead of teh world starting with a great bang, it started with little things just appearing, like paper clips. Now, in my house, I'm convinced little things just spontaneously appear, no other way to explain the clutter....
You might start with Wyrd sisters, even though its not the start of the series, its the start of a part about witches--its sorta a rewrite about Macbeth but my 10 yo who has never read MacBeth thinks its hilarious. I know it sounds absolutely weird but its very funny.
I'll keep thinking...
Deb
Unread 02-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Book suggestions

When you were in the hospital were you in the right frame of mind that you could actually read, even with pain meds? I remember I tried to read when I had surgeries in the past and I had to keep rereading the same line over and over to understand it. Is the wyrd sisters on tv or is it a book?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Book suggestions

Hi
Yes, I did read. Also I did Sudoku. But I read the paper and reread old favorites--nothing that took a lot of concentration. Definitely bring something to read though, just in case..
Wyrd Sisters is a book, by Terry Pratchett. Our library has a lot of them.
Deb
Unread 02-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Book suggestions

BTW this is not really a book its a comic strip, but have youever read the Sylvia cartoons by Nicole Hollander? I think you might like her...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register