Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Unread 03-09-2008, 08:44 AM
Brain/body disconnect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanluvr5
my brain doesn't remember that I just had major surgery
Karen:

I am having that SAME brain/body disconnect! I keep picking things up off the floor without thinking, as well. I guess we will eventually learn that "if it hurts, don't do it" but that lesson (for me) is slow in coming.

On a funny note: pre-surgery, I weighed all three of my cats; since the doc said I couldn't lift over 10 lbs. Two of mine still qualified for picking up/snuggling but the other one is definitely off the charts. I told my DH to give her lots of extra love until I can pick her up, again.

I also went to grocery yesterday (we must be on the same post-op schedule) but didn't push the cart as much as I clung to it for support, which was kind of irritating. My DH said it was the fastest grocery shopping trip he's ever seen me do because I just wanted to get home and REST. Take care and TRY to behave yourself, even though that is easier said than done. ;^)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2008, 09:08 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

I slept through the night with only waking up once to take ibuprophen! Yay
Unread 03-09-2008, 09:09 AM

I also have been having weird dreams (a nurse friend of mine says it's from the anesthesia wearing off) and having hot flashes/chills. Crazy thoughts, my mind racing, feelings of sadness - these are not like me at all. I am learning that there is certainly more to all this than the physical healing part. I am used to being out and active so I'm wondering if that's part of it.

Jane
TVH-kept ovaries
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2008, 11:30 AM

Hi all,

I am now 12 days post-op and doing well. I'm getting around better and better each day. My incision looks good too. I only have steri-strips on it now. Had staples at one time. The worse part for me now is I'm somewhat bored. I am so used to working. I did save a lot of paperwork to do since I knew I would be off for so long. I am going to start doing that this week. You can only watch so much TV and I like to read, but sometimes I even get tired of that. Where I live it is very cold, so I can't even go out for a walk. Oh well, all that aside, I'm very happy that I'm doing well and hope the same for all my sisters who will be going through this or have gone through this.

Sylviaann

TAH/BSO FEB 27, 2008
Unread 03-09-2008, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboto
I weighed all three of my cats; since the doc said I couldn't lift over 10 lbs. Two of mine still qualified for picking up/snuggling but the other one is definitely off the charts. I told my DH to give her lots of extra love until I can pick her up, again.
Hi Dot:

Glad to hear I'm not alone with the mind/body disconnection. That's one of the beauties of this wonderful website -- we don't have to be alone through all this.

I, too, have three cats. Unfortunately, none of them like to be picked up. It's probably a good thing as with the exception of one, they are all over 10 lbs. We also have a little dog. She only weighs 7 lbs, so I'm constantly picking her up. She and one of the cats love to hang out on my lap any chance they get. It's always very comforting.

Take care of yourself.
Unread 03-09-2008, 01:49 PM

Congrats Teri! Hope you are feeling better today.
Unread 03-09-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musctchr
I also have been having weird dreams (a nurse friend of mine says it's from the anesthesia wearing off) and having hot flashes/chills. Crazy thoughts, my mind racing, feelings of sadness - these are not like me at all. I am learning that there is certainly more to all this than the physical healing part. I am used to being out and active so I'm wondering if that's part of it.

Jane
TVH-kept ovaries
Last night I dreamt that I was the lead guitarist and vocalist in a band (can't carry a tune in a bucket) and was rocking out to Heart's 'Crazy on You'. I kicked butt on it, too. Go figure. Lots of wild dreams, but I think I'm having a bit of PMS (without the M) as I still have my ovaries and would be about due to start my period. So GLAD that's over and done with.
Been stupid about not picking things up off the floor, too. It finally stopped hurting to bend forward so I picked up the fat cat a couple of times (11 lbs), picked up clothes and swept the floor. DUMB idea. Paid for it the next day. And I thought I would be using this upcoming week to do some weeding in my time off from work. Guess I should rethink that plan.
What do all of you do to keep from getting bored?
Unread 03-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Boredom cure: sudoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr45
What do all of you do to keep from getting bored?
Sudoku! Not really math, but weird little "logic" puzzles. They're addictive.

LOL (about the dream). I like Heart and I also can't carry a tune in a bucket. Very funny. Thanks for sharing.

My dream was that I walked into my walk-in closet. It dropped (like the elevator in Tower of Terror) and dropped and dropped . When it landed, I was with my clothes in a parallel universe! Whoo! I went off the Vicodin right after that. At least Motrin doesn't mess with my head.

Leave the fat kitty on the floor. She'll burn more calories if she jumps up to see you -- at least that's what I keep telling mine!
Unread 03-09-2008, 04:12 PM

Hello ladies:

Well, I just spent the last 15 minutes typing, hit "ESC" and lost everything. Oh well, not much else to do right now anyway.

Many of you have talked about dealing with boredom while you are recovering. I'm in the same boat, but have found a couple of things to help ease it a little bit. For those of you with an iPod, I recommend subscribing to Audible.com. It's very similar to Netflix, although they offer audiobooks instead. For a monthly fee, you get a certain number of downloads, and they have a wonderful selection to choose from. Many of the narrators are phenomenal, so it keeps the listening process very entertaining. I like to lay in bed or on the couch and listen to books. When I tire of that, I like to journal, read or watch movies.

After my little stint at the grocery store last night, I'm laying low today. I know I should be up and walking, but I'm hurting too much at this point. I took my Motrin and Vicodin when I woke, and plan to spend the day on the couch.

I visited a forum for those having surgery more recently than ours. Several had humorous stories about staying on the maternity ward and being congratulated for having babies. I, too, stayed on the maternity/post-partum ward, but was one of very few patients while I was there. I couldn't believe how quiet it was. I was absolutely heavenly.

Wishing you all a speedy recovery.
Unread 03-09-2008, 04:48 PM

Wow, got taken out for dinner last night how delicious to 'be out' this being my 13th day. I finally got some home help in who was wonderful doing all my vaccuming, washed floors, cleaned the bath/shower and hung out my washing .... how cool is that. I am even doing the 'hospital shuffle' along with the exercise programme on the tv .... my version of course.

I can feel a poem coming on though .... mainly there are a lot of positives but dont you find lots of emotion bubbles up? I do .... and often no idea where it comes from ... so i just cry and include it.

Wow, its lunchtime and i just finished watching a dvd, now checking emails before lunch. How yummy is that! I wont know how to knuckle down at work when i go back.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register