Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 - Page 15 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Unread 03-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Thank you Karen, I will continue to come back.

Glory
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2008, 06:25 PM

Wow Robo, Im amazed at you just saying, 'went to class again' as if you have all the energy in the world, well done!

I found my 'low on energy' was about sleep so i dozed until 11.30 this morning (I NEVER do that normally) and feel like a box of fluffies now.

I dreamt i was at work and felt so good asked my boss if she minds if i pop back in now and then. Today her next in charge rang me to ask if i could respond by email to a feedback survey i am assistant project manager to. Felt sooo good to get out the old brain cells and note my self esteem and confidence is phew ... still present. Nice also to be included whilst away recouping.

Glad i made ya 'crack up' Robo, hey, thats a saying i use often!
Unread 03-12-2008, 11:20 PM
I've been a very bad girl-anyone else doing this alone?

okay....yesterday I did laundry....five loads.....curtains and couch cover included.....

today....i steam cleaned the carpets ...in fact I just got done....it's after 1:00 am!!!! I'm sweating....I'm just miserable.

my doctor told me my stitches would withstand 20 lbs of pressure....so I overdid it a bit.....

tomorrow I will pay for this

I don't think I injured myself...I didn't feel any pain or strain....but it's burning a bit (the abdominal 8 1/2 inch incision I acquired just 9 days ago)

I woke up so angry today....I'm angry now...and anxious.....

I think being alone through this makes you just more apt to do stuff on your own....you get sick of asking people to take time out of their lives to help you.....I mean, if I lived with someone it would be somewhat different....

and the sad part is, I'm steam cleaning to get rid of any trace of cat hair from my beloved kitty who passed away March 1st.....
I am adopting a 3 yr old kitty from this woman who is moving in with her boyfriend and he is allergic to cats, so she must part with her cat. I just want her to not smell my Alex and start marking or something. I imagine she is going to have some adjustment and transition issues.

I just can't be without a pet...this new kitty will never replace my Alex, but I will love her with all I have and try to give her the best life ever. She's coming to me on March 22nd.

I feel so miserably and empty....yet in my "disabled" state I seem to have more motivation than when I was not a "punctured princess"....I don't get it

sigh

I'm nuts.....

Are any other of you ladies out there going through this alone??????????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2008, 12:45 AM

Hi Jennifer
I live alone but I have had 1 really awesome friend who has visited me regularly and even got me out walking. I have family who live away and keep in touch by phone and txt and a couple of associates / friends who keep their distance but sort of do a little bit tentatively. Today I woke feeling really bad. I realised after some ruthless crutinising of myself that i needed sleep and MADE myself sleep more than the 5am when i woke. I dozed at varying depths until 11.30 ... hows that! I was then awoken in the middle of a hot flush by a work collegue whom i couldnt bring myself to tell that id just woken up and they wanted me to respond to a work survey via email.

Point being that the sleep + having my brain engaged + later my girlfriend came to visit via the train and told me to get my *** out the door and walk down to meet her. NOW at 7.43pm i feel absolutely human, totally different from the invalid i felt at 6am.

No doubt about it Jennifer, we need others to involve us in life to help us recover. How about preparing a lunch and inviting some peeps around. Let THEM be the focus and limit your troubles as you decide earlier. Observe yourself and maybe your 'psychologicals' as i call them will have their needs met. Have you got ANYONE you connect with in any way>>??
Unread 03-13-2008, 07:30 AM

Crystalwrists74 - you'd better behave yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like you overdid yourself yesterday. I understand your need to do something, but I don't think you need to be doing heavy duty cleaning at this point. I am glad you are getting a kitty - she will be a lot of company to you. My mother in law just adopted an older cat from someone who had to give her up and "Missy" adjusted just fine. I know you are looking forward to it!
Unread 03-13-2008, 08:05 AM

Hey, Crystalwrists:

I'm torn between telling you NOT to overdo it, OR sending you a plane ticket to DEE-troit so you can clean my house next (tease!). Wow. I haven't gotten that ambitious, although I did do some dusting.

I may have overstepped my bounds on the treadmill yesterday, though. I experienced a little burning after that, but it subsided after a while. I'll take it easier today.

Congrats on the arrival of the new Feline-American. That's great. There's an awesome product out there called "Feliway". It's a pheromone spray that acts like kitty valium and makes the new beastie feel right at home. We brought a rescue kitty into our already 2-cat household and the Feliway really helped. You can buy it on-line, or at your vet -- but I would recommend it to help welcome your new baby. Sit down at your PC, order some Feliway and RELAX a bit today, please!
Unread 03-13-2008, 09:08 AM

Wow - I can't imagine feeling like steam cleaning - my stairs in my house are enough for me!! I have two sick little boys - 6 and 2 and they are really needing their mommy to cuddle them - so with a pillow between my tummy and them I feel I am doing a fairly good job!

My first outing was yesterday - to the dollar store - Yahoo, I walked for about an hour and I was really tired by the end, but it felt sooo good to see and smell the outside - plus shopping always helps my soul!!

Happy that you are getting a new kitty - hope that it helps with some of the loneliness. You are definately making her feel very comfortable with all of the prep you are doing!

Take good care today ladies, Hugs for everyone
Unread 03-13-2008, 09:35 AM
Love and hugs to all my hyster sisters

I love you guys.....I REALLY DO!!!!!!!!

All of your responses made me feel so loved. I totally overdid it and I am just staying in bed today, with the occasional trip to the kitchen for food, or potty breaks. I am forcing myself to just rest and I know my body will thank me for it.

I can't say how grateful I am for this site. It helped me so much in preparing and it continues to support me as I recover.

Hugs to you all!!!!! And lots of healing wishes and love to you!!!!

JENN
Unread 03-13-2008, 11:17 AM

It sounds like everyone has different experiences of recovery. The main thing is for you to listen to YOUR body, do enough, but not too much.
Just my 2 cents!
Unread 03-13-2008, 11:19 AM
13 Days Post-Op - CrystalWrists was a baaaad girl!

Hello ladies:

Oh Crystalwrists! What are we going to do with you? When I first started reading your post, I actually thought you were kidding about all you had done yesterday. Yet, the more I read, the more I realized how serious you really were. Girl, what are you doing? You gotta take care of yourself for you and your new kitty. She's going to need you to be healthy and strong so you can help her adjust to her new environment. I do understand, really I do. I know how much you want new kitty to feel welcome and well-adjusted. Why is it that when we are hurting, we go into self-destruct mode? We, as women, carry so much on our shoulders anyway, so when things get tough, we are so good at making it worse. Please make a commitment to yourself to rest and heal from today forward. You don't want all of your doctor's efforts to be in vain. Nothing needs to be done that desperately that you should sacrifice your well being.

I'm 13 days post-op and feeling really crampy. I only took a 600 mg Motrin when I got up this morning. Trying to hold off on the Vicodin unless I absolutely need them.

Yesterday was spent entirely on the couch. Hubby made yet another Costco run and brought home a pizza. I just started reading "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle. For those of you interested in self-awareness and discovery, I highly, highly recommend this book. But don't take my word for it, it's also recommended by Oprah, so it has to be good, right? In addition, if you log on to Oprah.com, she just started a 10-week web class on this book that you can either participate in live on Monday nights or view at your leisure. Awesome stuff!

Happy recovery everyone! Take this time to nurture yourself and pick up a book or sedentary project you wouldn't otherwise have time to enjoy.

Hugs,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register