Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 - Page 16 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Unread 03-13-2008, 12:01 PM
Farewell Aunt Flo

Hello Ladies,
Getting a bit stir crazy now - guess that's a great sign! Got the all clear from the doctor Tuesday. Even did a bit of weeding yesterday and took a long, hot bath after. Absolutely delicious.

I've been planning a little party with my girlfriends to celebrate. My doc suggested a pad burning party, but I think I'm going with a Bloody Mary party. Here's a little poem I've written to proceed my toast and farewell to Aunt Flo. I'm no poet by any means, but I hope you enjoy it anyway.

Farewell Aunt Flo

T’was just a couple of short weeks ago
when I found myself just beginning to feel so-
Getting all weepy though there was no reason
craving some chocolate like it was going out of season.
Aha! says I, ‘tis near that time again
when my dreaded Aunt Flo moves in.

But then did I realize there’s no reason for gloom
as I told my dreaded Aunt Flo I no longer have womb
for her and all of her pesky baggage
creating such fear she’d cause major leakage!
No more carting bags full of all of my gear
just in case an emergency was near.

Fare thee well dear, dreaded Aunt Flo
no longer do I have womb in which you can grow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2008, 12:52 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Jennifer, STOP IT! There, we just need someone to tell us that! Please take care of yourself, and give yourself permission just to be and not do

I am so happy you are getting a new kittty. I know she will not replace Alex, but it sure will help to fill that huge hole that is left in your heart. Last summer we lost our 7 month old lab to a tragic accident. It was so heart breaking. The hole that is left is so hard to fill. We did get a new puppy and it helped so much, and I love him to death, but I find that I still mourn for Coal from time to time. Hang in there, it will get easier.

Zephyer45, your poem is hysterical, and I love your idea of a Bloody Mary party! I have 2 out of town girl friends coming to visit this weekend, we are have a PJ day on Saturday, and my husband is cooking and taking care of us. Isn't that great?

I am still painful today. Remnants of Monday's outing, and going 8 hrs without Ibuprofen. Hopefully today and can get ahead of it. I was pretty bummed last night, but my outlook is better today.

Happy recovery to all. Please take care of yourselves (Jennifer, that means you too!)
Unread 03-13-2008, 01:03 PM

Awesome words Karen! I think that women get so used to doing so much we don't realize a gift when it hits us in the face. I am not a sit down person and have always tried to somehow justify my existence by working my butt off......but here I am flat on my butt realizing for the first time in a long time that it is ok to stop sometimes...it is ok to sit and just be...and my little world has not fallen apart yet (although because I own my own business I expect it to- people want what they want now...!) What I am noticing is that the dust, the cat hair the dog hair, all the stuff that bothered me so much before my operation is not such a big deal right now and that what I am enjoying are all the hot water bottles (the cats and my little dog)....because I guess I have finally after all these years just allowed myself to take this time. When will we ever have this amount of time given to us...just for us!

Elizabeth
TVH on 2/22/08 -still have ovaries
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2008, 02:25 PM

Zephyr45 -- you go girl! Love the poem, it's so true!!! LOL
Unread 03-13-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sighofrelief
I am enjoying are all the hot water bottles (the cats and my little dog)
Hi Elizabeth:

Aren't our four-legged babies wonderful! We have three cats and a little 7 lb. Maltese. Having them around has been so comforting during this recovery process. I find myself reclining on the couch just watching them interact with each other or looking out the window at the birds and bugs. What a great opportunity to just be in the moment. All the housework and life's responsibilities can wait.
Unread 03-13-2008, 02:32 PM

This poem is AWESOME!!!!!!!

Ocean....I hear you!!!!! I am totally resting today and I am going stop being crazy....I've been doing nothing all day...but I keep finding my mind making lists of things that should be done...UGH....must stay put....rest rest

My doc says I can drive after two weeks which is this coming Monday......do you think that is too soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr45

Farewell Aunt Flo

T’was just a couple of short weeks ago
when I found myself just beginning to feel so-
Getting all weepy though there was no reason
craving some chocolate like it was going out of season.
Aha! says I, ‘tis near that time again
when my dreaded Aunt Flo moves in.

But then did I realize there’s no reason for gloom
as I told my dreaded Aunt Flo I no longer have womb
for her and all of her pesky baggage
creating such fear she’d cause major leakage!
No more carting bags full of all of my gear
just in case an emergency was near.

Fare thee well dear, dreaded Aunt Flo
no longer do I have womb in which you can grow.
Unread 03-13-2008, 02:34 PM

Thank you for yelling at me....no one else is...my family just say silly things......my friend Karen did say I will end up in the hospital if I don't cut it out....so I am totally resting and being a good girl. Thanks for your message about my new kitty and your Coal. I appreciate your understanding.

Hugs
Jenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way out West
Jennifer, STOP IT! There, we just need someone to tell us that! Please take care of yourself, and give yourself permission just to be and not do

I am so happy you are getting a new kittty. I know she will not replace Alex, but it sure will help to fill that huge hole that is left in your heart. Last summer we lost our 7 month old lab to a tragic accident. It was so heart breaking. The hole that is left is so hard to fill. We did get a new puppy and it helped so much, and I love him to death, but I find that I still mourn for Coal from time to time. Hang in there, it will get easier.

Zephyer45, your poem is hysterical, and I love your idea of a Bloody Mary party! I have 2 out of town girl friends coming to visit this weekend, we are have a PJ day on Saturday, and my husband is cooking and taking care of us. Isn't that great?

I am still painful today. Remnants of Monday's outing, and going 8 hrs without Ibuprofen. Hopefully today and can get ahead of it. I was pretty bummed last night, but my outlook is better today.

Happy recovery to all. Please take care of yourselves (Jennifer, that means you too!)
Unread 03-13-2008, 03:32 PM

What are the symptoms of overdoing it? I might have done this yesterday. I was sick lastnight and I had a really sore belly button (well a little to the right of it) constipation at first and then really bad diareaha. It is still tender today on that spot on my tummy. Even the skin is sore there. What are the symptoms of a stitch undoing itself? I am 13 days post op and need to know. I didnt just have a hysterectomy on Feb 29th but I also had a bladder repair. When they went in there they found out that I had a prolapsed bladder and a prolapsed cervix and bottom part of my uterus (just found this out two days ago at my family doctor as he had the report on his desk) I dont know why my gyno didnt tell me this in the hospital. Maybe because he wanted me to just find out at my 6 week appt? I went to the family doctor because I thought I had a bladder infection. Turns out I dont have one but instead am learning to get used to a repaired and hammocked bladder! ack!
Unread 03-13-2008, 05:18 PM

I'm ten days post op.....and yes I overdid it yesterday, but I am really feeling awful....I'm having like this weird tingling feeling that goes up into my head and now I am running a low grade fever 99.1....and the incision is soooooooooo sore today....I hope I'm okay!

Worrying in CT

Jennifer
Unread 03-13-2008, 05:54 PM

Hello out there....wow...all those chores. I admire that. I am two weeks post op. Last Sunday my daughter drove me to Food Lion just to get some fresh air and walk around. Within 20 minutes I was so tired. I am still walking like "Fred Sanford". So Kudos to the lady able to lift and do 5 loads of laundry!! Be careful. We do not want you to have a "set back". I am from the South and a "set back" is a term we use for folks that overdo it and there health starts to go backward and they end up back in the hospital from exhaustion....You are the princess girl! Pamper yourself while you can. Once you reach 6 weeks and everything returns to normal i.e. "work" you will be glad you did. Smiles and Hugs to you from Virginia.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register