Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 - Page 18 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Unread 03-14-2008, 02:47 PM
We're All Here For Each Other

Good afternoon ladies:

Tahireh: I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend. I fortunately don't have any personal experience with that kind of loss, but I can only imagine how difficult it must be in the best of times. This, not being the best of times, must make it especially difficult. Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers and that you don't have to go through this alone. May I ask? Is your 20 year old daughter in rehab for drugs/alcohol? If so, I have quite a bit of firsthand experience with that, as well as almost 13 years of recovery under my belt.

Jmbh: Congrats on feeling so good. Hopefully, the rest of us will be following your lead shortly.

Fritzi Wolfe: Oh Debbie, bless your heart. All of us out here in hysterland will do nothing but love and support you through your journey. Don't ever feel like you are whining. We all have good days and bad days. Fortunately, we aren't all having bad days at the same time, so we're here to boost you up and share our own experiences. We will never, ever judge. You've had a rough road so far, so it can only get better from here. Welcome to our wonderful community.

Sighofrelief: I have a little experience with privacy issues. I find that if you share in a general way about what's going on, people are able to understand you are going through something difficult, yet not need to know all the details. So..., you've undergone a major surgical procedure and will be out of commission until the end of March. That's really all that needs to be said.

I'm now 2 weeks post-op. I'm actually feeling pretty good, in spite of some resiliant abdominal pain. In addition, I'm dealing with quite a bit of gas. I'm eliminating on a fairly regular basis, so I'm feeling pretty good in that respect. Due to being in recovery, I'm trying to be very dilgent about not taking too many pain meds. I spoke to my doctor yesterday in regards to getting a Vicodin refill, and she feels I'm being too cautious and may not be taking enough pain meds. That's me . . . , one extreme or the other. Balance is so elusive. At least I'm not overdoing it and putting my recovery in jeopardy. I know too many people who have "gone out" on pain meds and had to start over in their recovery. Not something I want to do. Doctor says if I'm not feeling better by next Wednesday, she wants to see me. She's been absolutely wonderful. I feel so blessed to have such a supportive and caring doctor.

I'm continuing to plant my butt on the couch and do very little. I did put away some laundry earlier today, but hubby had to bring the baskets upstairs for me. Hubby's been wonderful throughout this process too.

Happy recovery ladies. When you are struggling, remember that this too shall pass.

Hugs,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2008, 03:11 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

I had my LVAH/TAH on Feb 29th. I was cut open lapriscopically and abdominally...due to a 'deep pelvis', according to my dr. Ive been in a lot of pain since....Ive had a couple good days where I get out and move around, and a few hours later i am so sore I can barely move. So the entire next day I spend in bed. Even though I hurt, I try not to take any pain pills unless I cant tolerate it any longer.
I can't sleep. I think I have slept through the night once since I have been home. I have terrifying nightmares....which I never had before. So, Im kind of afraid to go to sleep for fear of what nightmare is coming. I fall asleep around 4 or 5 am and get up around 10 or 11am (plus the several trips to the bathroom while trying to sleep). And I dont nap through the day. Im exhausted, but yet i cant sleep. When I do sleep...it's very lightly, so I wake up over every little noise.
DH has been woooooonderful!!! He wont let me do anything. I have to fight to get my own food or drinks!! The kids have all been pitching in and doing everything.....although not to my standards lol but thats ok. I really appreciate everything they do. I'm dying to go shopping....but after a quick trip to buy new undies for more support...i thought I was going to die!!!! Stay out of Walmart at all costs lol
I wish the weather would clear up so I could walk around outside. I don't want to slip and fall on the ice...so I walk around my house...which is oh so exciting!!!

So other than whining about some pain and no sleep.....I'm doing great!!! I haven't suffered from depression or anything else like some ladies go through. I've had several visitors and keep in touch with friends online as well. So that really helps a lot.
Unread 03-14-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterinnewyork
Even though I hurt, I try not to take any pain pills unless I cant tolerate it any longer.

winterinnewyork: Is there a reason you aren't taking the pain meds? Are they causing the nightmares?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2008, 04:32 PM

Hey Way Out West and Zephyr45:

We haven't heard from you today. How are you feeling today?
Unread 03-14-2008, 08:29 PM

Glad to hear it is a good day for most- I on the other hand think I over did it! I have had no spotting or vaginal bleeding since 5 days post op - now on day 15 I am spotting pinkish brown but it seems thicker in consistency? Almost like a yeast infection? Anyone else have anything like this? I am a little worried but will rest tonight and tomorrow limit my activities - I didn't do anything to strenuous just some light house work! My kids miss me sooo much - I haven't been able to get on the floor and play with them like I used to - but that will come eventually! If anyone can offer any suggestions about the spotting I would certainly appreciate it! Thanks - hugs to you all. Kerrie
Unread 03-14-2008, 09:21 PM
relating & news on kitty stuff

Sharing and feeling unconditionally accepted is one of the true gifts of this website. I am so grateful...

I'm sorry your husband got sick....I am single and live alone so I know all about the fending for yourself thing....it's rough in the beginning....but I promise it gets better. I'm 11 days post op and I am doing a lot.

I know my doc said not to drive for 2 weeks (which will be 3 days from now) I did drive to the vet's office to pick up my kitty's ashes.

I came home and looked at the beautiful square tin, with subtle, deep purple violets on it....I opened just to see and I closed it.....held it to my breast and wept.....SOBBED...

I felt her presence in the room, like she has finally come home and can now rest. Another milestone reached in the grieving over my cat.

On a more positive note....not only am I adopting the 3 yr old cat I told you all about on March 22nd, but at the end of April I am adopting a new kitten....who was born on the DAY my Alex passed away. I'm going to post pics for you all to see my babies.

Thanks for listening to me go on about this, but it helps me in my physical recovery by not bottling up all these emotions.

Photos removed per website guidelines.
Unread 03-15-2008, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursekerrie
I have had no spotting or vaginal bleeding since 5 days post op - now on day 15 I am spotting pinkish brown but it seems thicker in consistency? Almost like a yeast infection? Anyone else have anything like this? If anyone can offer any suggestions about the spotting I would certainly appreciate it!
I've been having yellow/brown/pink discharge since 3 days post-op. Some days it's more brown than yellow. My doctor tells me I could have it for 6 weeks post-of, and it's perfectly normal. When I didn't have it directly following the surgery, I asked her if this meant I wouldn't have any spotting. She told me, not necessarily, and she was absolutely right.
Unread 03-15-2008, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalwrists74
Here is Alex....who passed on March 1st

Here is the 3 year old kitty who will join me March 22nd....her name will be WILLOW

And last but not least is the kitten, born the day Alex passed....I don't know if it's a boy or a girl yet, but I have names...If it's a boy he will be OWEN and if it's a girl she will be FIONA...she's so tiny and precious!!! Take a look:
What a wonderful memorial to your precious Alex. The words really touched my heart. I'm sure you will see her again.

Williow, Owen/Fiona are precious too. They won't take Alex's place, but they'll sure fill your heart with love. I'm so happy for you Jenn!

Hugs,
Unread 03-15-2008, 07:34 AM

I have had a small amount of pinkish discharge since coming home. Mine is about to stop I think and it has turned brownish. My dr said it would change over the course of the 6 weeks and not to worry. He also said there might be a bad smelling odor after a few weeks - haven't had that yet. I think there are some discussions about discharge on this site that I read. Anyway, it sounds like you're just fine, but if it will make you feel better, you can certainly ask your dr.
Unread 03-15-2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanluvr5
Hey Way Out West and Zephyr45:

We haven't heard from you today. How are you feeling today?
Thanks for asking, Oceanluvr.

I'm still here. Had a busy day yesterday as I start to gear up to go back to work on Monday. I'm looking forward to more social interaction, but the whole work scene; not so much. (I've grown accustomed to lounging about in my pjs.) I have a great boss - she's been through this too so I'm just working a partial week with days off in the middle to rest and ease back into things.

I ALMOST feel back to normal. Just a little achy and a twinge now and then, but it's sooo nice to be able to roll over in bed without thinking about it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register